*Confirmed* Arbiter isnt playable in halo 4

at 10:32 Josh Holmes confirmes that you cant play as arbiter. :frowning:

Is it really that big deal?

“I’m sure Arby will be back at some point”

I guess maybe Halo 5 will mirror the second instalment in the Bungie trilogy…

Is this genuinely surprising for anyone? Halo 4 is about Chief’s story and an exploration of his humanity. The absolute last thing you want to do in that scenario is to include missions where you play as something that isn’t even human at all.

Thanks for the spoiling. I just came back. Off to go dark again.

I wouldn’t exactly call this a spoiler. ^ I didn’t think this ever was really considered.

This is old news.

Fantastic. I never liked the Arbiter’s character and never looked forward to completing his part of the campaign. The only element of the campaign that has ever made Halo compelling was MC and Cortana. Anyone else and I just feel like I’m playing a generic sci-fi shooter.

Uhhh…and that is a bad thing HOW?

> Thanks for the spoiling. I just came back. Off to go dark again.

I suppose it varies from person to person on what counts as a spoiler, but we’ve literally known this fact ever since the time of the initial gameplay reveal. Thel won’t be in Halo 4, but may show up in future installments.

> Fantastic. I never liked the Arbiter’s character and never looked forward to completing his part of the campaign. The only element of the campaign that has ever made Halo compelling was MC and Cortana. Anyone else and I just feel like I’m playing a generic sci-fi shooter.

Because going into the shoes of an outcast extraterrestrial of high rank, who is trying to figure out the truth of his own religion is found in every other sci-fi shooter.

Did anyone actually think you would be able to play as the Arbiter? 343i’s been saying this entire time that the game was focused on humanity. I figured not being able to play as an Elite in multiplayer would have been the big tip-off that the Arbiter wouldn’t be returning, or at least not as a playable character.

One of the things that made “Halo 2” so succesful is the in depth understanding of the main antagonist :confused:

I was anticipating this anyway. It’s no big deal for me.

There is no reason to expect him to be in the game anyways. The Arbiter was a great character, but he went back to Sanghelios at the end of Halo 3. His chapter in the series is over.

> > Thanks for the spoiling. I just came back. Off to go dark again.
>
> I suppose it varies from person to person on what counts as a spoiler, but we’ve literally known this fact ever since the time of the initial gameplay reveal. Thel won’t be in Halo 4, but may show up in future installments.
>
>
>
> > Fantastic. I never liked the Arbiter’s character and never looked forward to completing his part of the campaign. The only element of the campaign that has ever made Halo compelling was MC and Cortana. Anyone else and I just feel like I’m playing a generic sci-fi shooter.
>
> Because going into the shoes of an outcast extraterrestrial of high rank, who is trying to figure out the truth of his own religion is found in every other sci-fi shooter.

You are missing the point. What makes Halo “special” is ultimately MC and Cortanna. Regardless of what story the Arbiter brought, it felt out of place and was not as compelling as the Chief’s story. If you personally enjoyed it, great. Kudos to you. I didn’t and I personally won’t miss if the Arbiter doesn’t revisit the story. I’d rather focus on the Chief as that is how this franchise began and that’s how I want it to end.

> One of the things that made “Halo 2” so succesful is the in depth understanding of the main antagonist :confused:

While I would argue the opposite. One of the things that made Halo 2 so confusing and ultimately disappointing in its campaign was the confusing implementation of the Arbiter and his place in the story. Bungie just tossed him in there, never fully developed his character, and he always just felt out of place to me.

> > One of the things that made “Halo 2” so succesful is the in depth understanding of the main antagonist :confused:
>
> While I would argue the opposite. One of the things that made Halo 2 so confusing and ultimately disappointing in its campaign was the confusing implementation of the Arbiter and his place in the story. Bungie just tossed him in there, never fully developed his character, and he always just felt out of place to me.

I felt as it gave you insight into the enemies from a unique perspective, so you’re not just killing “cannon fodder” the whole time. As being a very emotion driven person myself, it made me stop for a second and realize that these are intellegent creatures we’re dealing with here (albet blinded)

Haven’t we known this for quite a while?

> > One of the things that made “Halo 2” so succesful is the in depth understanding of the main antagonist :confused:
>
> While I would argue the opposite. One of the things that made Halo 2 so confusing and ultimately disappointing in its campaign was the confusing implementation of the Arbiter and his place in the story. Bungie just tossed him in there, never fully developed his character, and he always just felt out of place to me.

I beg to differ. While I agree the first couple Arby’s missions were a wtf moment for me it isn’t till the level Sacred Icon where it really starts adding to the story in a emotional way…l I mean imagine we didn’t have the Arby’ss perspective and played grave mind as the chief… All you would see is random elites fighting brutes but playing as the arbiter you see the great schism first hand…l feel the betrayl of the brutes and provided a better understanding of why they’re fighting… Just my 2 cents lol

>

Kill me or release me parasite but do not waste my time with talk.