Confirmation of Brutes in Halo 4?

WARNING! Potential Halo 4 Spoiler Alert!

So, I was looking through the Halo 4 achievement list, and I noticed this one in particular: Chief, Smash! - In Mission 8, kill 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer - (20 Points)

So, whats so special about this? Well, it confirms that in one mission, in Halo 4 Gravity Hammers will be there. Which, while I won’t say it confirms it, presents a strong likeliness for Brutes. What type of Brutes? Probably the ones we fought in Halo 3.

And, since the Elites hate the Brutes, or should anyways…this begs to question how they got there, and why…are they working with the Rouge Elites?

This is all speculation, but still…

Brutes were confirmed not to be in thegame

On the contrary…

EDIT: Curses, beaten to the punch

Brutes are confirmed… to not be in Halo 4.

Probably an Elite (I’ve always wanted to see an Elite use it. If an Elite uses it, I hope he has many attack animations) or an assimilated Brute (Prometheans mutating them or something).

Or the chief finds one in a room of weapons aboard a covenant cruise/infinity weapon test-room

> Probably an Elite (I’ve always wanted to see an Elite use it. If an Elite uses it, I hope he has many attack animations) or an assimilated Brute (Prometheans mutating them or something).

Nothing was more… Annoying, than the ballet brute chieftains of Halo Reach.

Lahdedadadah lets spin in a CIRCLE and hope my hammer slaps you
Music playing in head

I swear, the brutes on Halo Reach were drugged or something, like magical ballet monkeys on the battlefield.

> Brutes were confirmed not to be in thegame

> > Probably an Elite (I’ve always wanted to see an Elite use it. If an Elite uses it, I hope he has many attack animations) or an assimilated Brute (Prometheans mutating them or something).
>
> Nothing was more… Annoying, than the ballet brute chieftains of Halo Reach.
>
> Lahdedadadah lets spin in a CIRCLE and hope my hammer slaps you
> Music playing in head
>
> I swear, the brutes on Halo Reach were drugged or something, like magical ballet monkeys on the battlefield.

The Chieftains have always been pathetic enemies. Reach just made it more evident by not doing anything about their tendency to be assassinated after a sidestep other than making it impossible to assassinate them when detected.

And worse, it only gave them 1 new attack animation.

But at least the Reach Chieftains don’t have the power armor that deflects grenades.

Hmmm, really curious about the Gravity Hammer now…

I thought they had already said no

> Hmmm, really curious about the Gravity Hammer now…

I would bet that there’s only one in the entire Campaign, and it’s something akin to a secret easter egg weapon ala the Scarab Gun in Halo 2. The fact that it has a specific achievement for it reinforces that prediction.

> > Probably an Elite (I’ve always wanted to see an Elite use it. If an Elite uses it, I hope he has many attack animations) or an assimilated Brute (Prometheans mutating them or something).
>
> Nothing was more… Annoying, than the ballet brute chieftains of Halo Reach.
>
> Lahdedadadah lets spin in a CIRCLE and hope my hammer slaps you
> Music playing in head
>
> I swear, the brutes on Halo Reach were drugged or something, like magical ballet monkeys on the battlefield.

That’s actually an efficient fighting style used to maintain your heavy weapon’s momentum so you can swing faster, which hits harder, all while using less energy.

They could just have recovered Covenant weapons aboard the Infinity.

Grifball was confirmed a couple of days ago at PAX, so I’m not surprised it’s in Campaign; isn’t it true that all weapons must be in the campaign?

> Grifball was confirmed a couple of days ago at PAX, so I’m not surprised it’s in Campaign; isn’t it true that all weapons must be in the campaign?

Not necessarily, they usually are though.

> > Hmmm, really curious about the Gravity Hammer now…
>
> I would bet that there’s only one in the entire Campaign, and it’s something akin to a secret easter egg weapon ala the Scarab Gun in Halo 2. The fact that it has a specific achievement for it reinforces that prediction.

I was thinking the same thing! like maybe its next to a pile of dead Brutes just to add the sense of them being hunted by the elites.

I’m pretty sure the Storm Elites are using whatever weapons they can get their hands on so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Elites with gravity hammers as well as Human weapons.

On the contrary, if anything these Elites are the least prone to commit heresy. The fact that they still worship the Forerunners as gods, and that they hate the Arbiter for commiting heresy is proof enough. I like the idea of the Hammer bieng an Easter Egg.