Confidence low.

As I have said before, my confidence in 343 is at an all time low. But now they seem incapable of even keeping these forums online. They have been slow all week (as in 3 minutes to load a single page), and they are near unusable. And don’t even mention my internet as every other microsoft page which use the same login have no problems. These are the people who are responsible for the next set of halo games and they can’t even keep a forum up. So 343 whats wrong? When can we expect to see this fixed?

Im not quiet sure what to tell ya really…maybe you just suffer from having some slow internet connection or something because to me, the internet around here actually works just fine.

same here, super slow for me 5 min for page to load

Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday, and the I was told that the waypoint forums were down for maintenance for almost 2 days straight! Before that it was taking me about 5 or so minutes to load a page.

> Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday, and the I was told that the waypoint forums were down for maintenance for almost 2 days straight! Before that it was taking me about 5 or so minutes to load a page.

The forums seemed to be now fixed. :slight_smile:
Loading up everything fine.
There is always gonna be bugs that need to be sorted out with new websites. Out of BETA or not its gonna happen.

Let’s not jump to conclusions and say that a website problem means the company is incompetent.

Even if these forums became entirely wiped and destroyed, Halo would still be the Halo you know and love.

> > Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday, and the I was told that the waypoint forums were down for maintenance for almost 2 days straight! Before that it was taking me about 5 or so minutes to load a page.
>
> The forums seemed to be now fixed. :slight_smile:
> Loading up everything fine.
> There is always gonna be bugs that need to be sorted out with new websites. Out of BETA or not its gonna happen.

Agreed, it’s not 343i’s fault, it’s more of luck, or bad luck.
All web sites and software have bugs here and there.

> Let’s not jump to conclusions and say that a website problem means the company is incompetent.
>
> Even if these forums became entirely wiped and destroyed, Halo would still be the Halo you know and love.

Currently Halo is not the Halo I know and love, it’s Reach

Webteam is not the same as game development team.

> > > Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday, and the I was told that the waypoint forums were down for maintenance for almost 2 days straight! Before that it was taking me about 5 or so minutes to load a page.
> >
> > The forums seemed to be now fixed. :slight_smile:
> > Loading up everything fine.
> > There is always gonna be bugs that need to be sorted out with new websites. Out of BETA or not its gonna happen.
>
> Agreed, it’s not 343i’s fault, it’s more of luck, or bad luck.
> All web sites and software have bugs here and there.

It’s not 343’s fault? yes it is. They are paid to maintain these forums by microsoft game studio’s, I sent microsoft a message about how appalling the forums had become and big surprise 12 hours later the servers go down for maintainance, coincidence? I don’t think so.

Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.

Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”

They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.

> > > > Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday, and the I was told that the waypoint forums were down for maintenance for almost 2 days straight! Before that it was taking me about 5 or so minutes to load a page.
> > >
> > > The forums seemed to be now fixed. :slight_smile:
> > > Loading up everything fine.
> > > There is always gonna be bugs that need to be sorted out with new websites. Out of BETA or not its gonna happen.
> >
> > Agreed, it’s not 343i’s fault, it’s more of luck, or bad luck.
> > All web sites and software have bugs here and there.
>
> It’s not 343’s fault? yes it is. They are paid to maintain these forums by microsoft game studio’s, I sent microsoft a message about how appalling the forums had become and big surprise 12 hours later the servers go down for maintainance, coincidence? I don’t think so.

Right, because they’ll listen to one member. Try this one on for size. a few hours before they shut down the forums for maintainace, the forum’s load times was slowing down to the point that it takes almost one hour to load for some people, so they took down the forums because of that fact, not because you got pissed and sent Microsoft a message. But if you truly think that 343i is letting you down, then fine by me, leave, don’t come back, no one is going to miss you. Unlike you, I’m not going to judge 343i’s ability to develop a few videos games based solely on who their forums are looking and acting. I much rather judge them based on their game development skills. But if you want me to judge 343i unfairly, then I’ll judge you by how you’ve acted in this thread, and I’ll judge the whole Halo community based on you. A bunch of spoiled rotten brats who get pissed every time something doesn’t happen the way they want, and think by whining about it, and chewing people out, and blaming people, it’s going to cause others to go “Oh wait, this person is right, we should listen to this person more often.” Welcome to the real world, things happen, some times it goes the way we want them to, others they go the way we don’t want them to, and no one here is going to hand you what you want every time you ask.

i’m not going to mistake a website with a game, but nonetheless it is quite embarassing that a team with Microsoft in the back can’t get a simple forum to work without bugs like increased forum loading time, the “leave page prompt” that deletes everything you wrote or the “sign out” bug, that won’t allow you to sign in for hours.

> Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
>
> Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
>
> They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.

343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.

> > Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
> >
> > Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
> >
> > They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.
>
> 343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.

Uh, no they aren’t there are like 3 Bungie guys.

> > Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
> >
> > Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
> >
> > They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.
>
> 343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.

No, it doesn’t.

Bungie is NOT the same company as 343i at all. People who previously worked for Bungie working for 343 don’t automatically make them the same company, with the same capabilities.

Try again.

> Right, because they’ll listen to one member. Try this one on for size. a few hours before they shut down the forums for maintainace, the forum’s load times was slowing down to the point that it takes almost one hour to load for some people, so they took down the forums because of that fact, not because you got pissed and sent Microsoft a message. But if you truly think that 343i is letting you down, then fine by me, leave, don’t come back, no one is going to miss you. Unlike you, I’m not going to judge 343i’s ability to develop a few videos games based solely on who their forums are looking and acting. I much rather judge them based on their game development skills. But if you want me to judge 343i unfairly, then I’ll judge you by how you’ve acted in this thread, and I’ll judge the whole Halo community based on you. A bunch of spoiled rotten brats who get pissed every time something doesn’t happen the way they want, and think by whining about it, and chewing people out, and blaming people, it’s going to cause others to go “Oh wait, this person is right, we should listen to this person more often.” Welcome to the real world, things happen, some times it goes the way we want them to, others they go the way we don’t want them to, and no one here is going to hand you what you want every time you ask.

Actually, big surprise you are wrong, not that i’m surprised, your post makes me believe you are about 5, Microsoft would have accessed the site, realised it was down, go through records, find out how long it has been down and would have gone to 343 and said we pay you to maintain these servers, now do your job. And I don’t just judge 343 for being seemingly incapable of maintaining a server, but also for what they have done to reach. I judge people by there actions, so right now you look like a complete -Yoink-. “A bunch of spoiled rotten brats who get pissed every time something doesn’t happen the way they want” - Sounds like you and your TU doesn’t it? I guess hypocracy is universal.

> > > Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
> > >
> > > Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
> > >
> > > They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.
> >
> > 343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.
>
> No, it doesn’t.
>
> Bungie is NOT the same company as 343i at all. People who previously worked for Bungie working for 343 don’t automatically make them the same company, with the same capabilities.
>
> Try again.

… you are trolling me right?
“They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. - People who previously worked for Bungie working for 343” They have had the same experience. The only difference is a studio devoted to fixing there mistakes versus a studio looking for an easy fix making more problems than they started from. Happy now that i’ve made it plainly clear for you?

> > > Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
> > >
> > > Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
> > >
> > > They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.
> >
> > 343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.
>
> Uh, no they aren’t there are like 3 Bungie guys.

Maybe there are only a handful of bungie guys but 343 worked alongside bungie for years so don’t pull that “inexperience” BS.

> > > > Actually, I WOULD say it’s a coincidence.
> > > >
> > > > Everyone keeps saying “Bungie was better!!!”
> > > >
> > > > They had 10 years behind their site, 343 is new. Give them some slack.
> > >
> > > 343 is supposedly people who worked for bungie, so that invalidates your argument. They need to step up not fall down.
> >
> > Uh, no they aren’t there are like 3 Bungie guys.
>
> Maybe there are only a handful of bungie guys but 343 worked alongside bungie for years so don’t pull that “inexperience” BS.

You assume a lot of things.