Concerns with the new layouts

Ok, I’m not sure if that is all the button layouts available for the game, but here me out here, guys. Recon controls are great, but I have one big concern. It will undeniably feel awkward to press the X button for sprinting. Sprinting is part of movement that is why I believe it should be on the left thumbstick instead.

Here are my changes. Keep everything the same, but exchange the roles of X and left thumbtstick. Here is an image for the visual learners.

updated with image.

I clicked on the image and you had A button for crouching so i was like what are you thinking then i read and i understood.

Personally i like the original recon controls and i don’t like the sprint like COD cause it hurts my thumb.

OP where is jump? X?

On another note it seems as if 343 has neglected everyone who uses sprint in Reach. In Halo 4 the use of other AA’s will be new, not the use of sprint. So why can’t we have a control scheme where sprint is on LB?

> Ok, I’m not sure if that is all the button layouts available for the game, but here me out here, guys. Recon controls are great, but I have one big concern. <mark>It will undeniably feel awkward to press the X button for sprinting.</mark> Sprinting is part of movement that is why I believe it should be on the left thumbstick instead.
>
> Here are my changes. Keep everything the same, but exchange the roles of X and left thumbtstick. Here is an image for the visual learners.
>

Halo: Reach, default controls.
Armor Ability was X
Sprint was an armor ability.
I never heard or saw any complaints.

EDIT: My mistake, I was thinking of something else.

Either way, I see no problem with sprint being X.

> > Ok, I’m not sure if that is all the button layouts available for the game, but here me out here, guys. Recon controls are great, but I have one big concern. <mark>It will undeniably feel awkward to press the X button for sprinting.</mark> Sprinting is part of movement that is why I believe it should be on the left thumbstick instead.
> >
> > Here are my changes. Keep everything the same, but exchange the roles of X and left thumbtstick. Here is an image for the visual learners.
> >

>
> Halo: Reach, default controls.
> Armor Ability was X
> Sprint was an armor ability.
> I never heard or saw any complaints.
>
> EDIT: My mistake, I was thinking of something else.
>
> Either way, I see no problem with sprint being X.

You are mistaken. AA was mapped to LB in default Reach controls.