Concerns on the magnum

It appears that the magnum is really underpowered with so much bloom, and I have also never seen someone get killed by it yet… Also, compared to the other secondaries (plasma pistol, boltshot) there is nothing really unique to it. Maybe a title update can make it stronger? Im not sure how others think of it.

Also, it appears that you can not bash someone’s skull with a flag in when you are wielding the flag and magnum. Can someone please confirm/deny this?

It definitely isn’t what it used to be. But I guess they’re trying to turn it into a secondary weapon now we have custom classes. It isn’t meant to compete against something like a DMR, according to 343.

When I played with it, I must admit it was better than I expected. Got quite a few kills with it. Don’t worry too much.

It has killed players, it doesnt look at all likes it’s had its damage loward. I think its more of a secondary weapon. Its still got the zoom and a head shot with no sheilds is a one hit killl. It may just take more if your trying to drain shields

I understand that it’s supposed to be used as a sidearm but I do think it could use a slight decrease in bloom.

Its pistol, its not supposed to be powerful.

It looks fine to me, but I haven’t used it yet, so I can’t comment on it’s performance.

> Its pistol, its not supposed to be powerful.

The pistol was famous in Halo for its power.

Take Halo 1- it was practically a mini sniper.

Halo 2 nerfed it too much

Halo 3 brought power back, but it lost main utility.

Reach had the best hybrid of power and utility, where you could use a pistol to compete in games.

Besides- the name ‘Magnum’ is meant to say ‘this is a powerful gun’, so it should be akin to a .45 cal as opposed to the 9mm that is standard in games like battlefield.

> > Its pistol, its not supposed to be powerful.
>
> The pistol was famous in Halo for its power.
>
> Take Halo 1- it was practically a mini sniper.
>
> Halo 2 nerfed it too much
>
> Halo 3 brought power back, but it lost main utility.
>
> Reach had the best hybrid of power and utility, where you could use a pistol to compete in games.
>
> Besides- the name ‘Magnum’ is meant to say ‘this is a powerful gun’, so it should be akin to a .45 cal as opposed to the 9mm that is standard in games like battlefield.

And this is Halo, where taking a Magnum against men and woman in power-armor with shields and expecting it to be powerful will result in death. Halo 2’s was perfect. It was weak, but speed and dual-wielding made up for it.

> > > Its pistol, its not supposed to be powerful.
> >
> > The pistol was famous in Halo for its power.
> >
> > Take Halo 1- it was practically a mini sniper.
> >
> > Halo 2 nerfed it too much
> >
> > Halo 3 brought power back, but it lost main utility.
> >
> > Reach had the best hybrid of power and utility, where you could use a pistol to compete in games.
> >
> > Besides- the name ‘Magnum’ is meant to say ‘this is a powerful gun’, so it should be akin to a .45 cal as opposed to the 9mm that is standard in games like battlefield.
>
> And this is Halo, where taking a Magnum against men and woman in power-armor with shields and expecting it to be powerful will result in death. Halo 2’s was perfect. It was weak, but speed and dual-wielding made up for it.

No this is Halo , a science fiction game , and pistol can be as powerful as the game makers want it to be.

And since a powerful weapon suits the now powerful sandbox , it should be powerful.

Plus lorewise it’s powerful.

It is a fine sidearm. I imagine being able to get double kills with it in CQB situations, and the occasional headshots in longer ranges.

Reach’s version was the most balanced one and still had few rounds so it qualified for a sidearm.

It should stay this way.

it can kill in 6 shots if there are head shots