Concerns about the Tenrai event

So the event starts here in a bit and to say I’m concerned is being overly polite to 343 at this point. No I’m not here to talk about cultural appropriation with a white savior complex :full_moon_with_face: my concern is progression. To my knowledge nothing has been said about changes to the AWFUL progression system or that the event will progress in a different way so I’m assuming it will go in line with the pass. Which is the problem. They know fully well the vast majority of people won’t have time to come close to knocking out 30 tiers without throwing money at their fReE event. It took me GRINDING like my name was Dr. Sweat to hit 27 last night and with it being a holiday week, the adult fan base will have less time to play than last. I want to believe 343 thought of this but I honestly don’t have much faith in them anymore.

9 Likes

You can progress it over multiple weeks can’t you? I’m not sure but don’t the events come up again too?

My concern is that the event doesn’t actually seem to be free, but some of it is locked behind a pay wall.

9 Likes

It’s a one week event. And they said it could come up again but they’ve said a lot of things that were misleading or just straight up lies.

5 Likes

As far as I know the event returns for one week every month during a season to progress it. So ultimately you have about 5-6 weeks to complete it. Also considering the event pass gives you exp grants (free level up) instead of boosts I’m not too worried about missing out.

1 Like

The Tenrai fracture event is a reoccurring event throughout the season - should show up for one week per month.
You don’t need to grind it all out in 7 days.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Yeah I heard that. I haven’t seen them say anything about it but tbf I stopped following them like that. I want this game to succeed. It really is a fun game. But the blatant cash grab a is starting to wear on me.

2 Likes

That’s what hurts me, it’s almost there. This could be the best Halo game in over a decade, but the way they’ve went about the monetization is predatory. I haven’t even bought the battle pass because there’s no realistic way of finishing it. I’ve got 9 hours in the game and I’m only level 3?

I’m not even opposed to micro transactions is the crazy thing. I’ve spent thousands between Apex and Valorant. There’s just no value here. You can throw money at it all day long and still end up with no real customization options.

4 Likes

Unless you be one of those dudes who spend 200 to max out the pass. But they’re part of the problem. The just encourage the bs. Why listen to the 5 guys complaints who spent 10 bucks each when some kid just gave us 4x that? The ones who don’t care about predatory practices are just as bad as the ones making them imo

2 Likes

Oh I super agree. The point I was making is there’s not even enough stuff in the battle pass to justify spending $200, even if you are a whale with no self control. I’d say the Infinite battle pass has about half the content of a comparable pass like Apex, CoD, or Valorant, at twice the price. So in total you’re spending about 4x the value of what you’re getting if you purchase the Infinite battle pass.

Unless I missed it, there seems to be missing colors and armor pieces in the pass.

1 Like

So what are Fiesta matches and how does one take part in them?

1 Like

I am lost same as you. I don’t know where to find those fiesta matches.

That literally already confirmed its a 30 tier free battle pass idk what your even talking about…

There are only 6 actual pieces of armor in the event battlepass everything else is boosts, this is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Now that the event is in our menus it’s quite easy to infer how the event progresses. You complete challenges specific to the event which directly correlates to progression of the tenrai pass.

However this poses the annoying frustration that these tenrai events replace challenges for the normal XP gain, which is hindering regular battlepass progress when an event is on. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know if completing a tenrai event awards XP towards the base pass, but if it doesn’t, then it should.

1 Like

This event must be joke… 343i is kidding, right?

Hiding Fieste behind an event.
Paywalls everywhere
Event challenges as weekly challenges

I bet 10 bucks that the campaign will be the same -Yoink!-. To upgrade your armor pls buy a season pass or buy the upgrades in the shop…

1 Like

My main concern is that it appears that it is designed such that we need to play every week of the “event” in order to max out the pass.

And complete all relevant challenges. I’m honestly not sure how it’s going to be possible but it appears we definitely need to grind out 10 levels, and I don’t think we can get any more.

1 Like

According to the page in-game it’ll be back in January and again in February.