Concerns about the raking system

Hello everyone.

I was pretty good at Halo 3 on which I played a lot but I inevitably lost much because even though I played a lot on Reach I had almost abandoned Halo 4. When Halo 5 came out I was quite happy but once I started it was ugly.
Once I have done my first 10 matches in order to be ranked on playlists, I had been placed mainly diamond and it was last November at the release. After, I was… well… molested during most of the following games and I finally gave up the game.
I realized that my real level should be gold . This last month I decided de play again but the game insists on me to play with diamonds and onyx while I have not the level.

Yesterday, I did my 10 matchs on the SWAT playlist (I was platinium 5 last month), and on the last match, I was against 4 Champions player !!!. We were quite raped. I don’t understand with the game keeps putting me on such high level. Worst of all, I was placed Onyx 1700 on this playlist and this can’t be right. I’m going to be destroyed on each games I’m gonna do. Not that I don’t like to lose now and then, but it’s just not fun anymore.
That’s why I think there’s cleary something wrong with the algorithm or I don’t know.

Anyone has the same problem or I’m all alone in here ? (non-english speaking player here, sorry)

You’re never alone, I’m having that same issue with this new season that just started.

Same here. My highest prior rank was only Plat 1 yet I’m being pitted against full Diamond and Onyx teams. Exact same team, exact same game type, exact same map. -Yoink- on two matches in a row, then places me high enough to guarantee the cycle continues. Good thing we have social playlists without hidden ranks that we can relax in
Game 1
Game 2

> 2533274819580184;3:
> Same here. My highest prior rank was only Plat 1 yet I’m being pitted against full Diamond and Onyx teams. Exact same team, exact same game type, exact same map. -Yoink- on two matches in a row, then places me high enough to guarantee the cycle continues. Good thing we have social playlists without hidden ranks that we can relax in
> Game 1
> Game 2

Ouch mate. That must hurt.