Concerning the Halo 4 Campaign...

Why aren’t the AIs more real? Take the Elites for example… nowadays you don’t fear them since they’ll only scream at you once you start shooting them, and before they even know it, they’re already dead… How can I know this? I kinda recently watched this

and noticed that the Elite behaviours are pretty much the same… Kinda disappointed, or what do you think? I hardly counter Elites in fear nowadays… I’m just hoping that this will be changed before the release of Halo 4 though I deeply know it won’t…

Can I have others point of view?

maybe it was on easy…wait to you hit legendary. Should be fun with all the Prometheans and Covies coming after you!

halo 2 and 3 had the best elites, both in terms of design and how they fought. their animations were awesome (how the stood, meleed, threw grenades, used their swords, etc). they look pretty smart though in halo 4 and i think their design is better than reaches, but they still behave similarly to reaches elites, which i dont like too much. However i will say that there is a bit of improvement from the reach ones

> maybe it was on easy…wait to you hit legendary. Should be fun with all the Prometheans and Covies coming after you!

Well… atleast the Prometheans are nuts…

> maybe it was on easy…wait to you hit legendary. Should be fun with all the Prometheans and Covies coming after you!

it was on normal

I saw it too . Although one thing I like , he circled us when Chief was recovering his shields. Maybe they have upped their intelligence , but they still act dumb upfront :frowning:

> I saw it too . Although one thing I like , he circled us when Chief was recovering his shields. Maybe they have upped their intelligence , but they still act dumb upfront :frowning:

lol agreed, that’s exactily what I thought of xD

One word:

Legendary.

> Why aren’t the AIs more real? Take the Elites for example… nowadays you don’t fear them since they’ll only scream at you once you start shooting them, and before they even know it, they’re already dead… How can I know this? I kinda recently watched this
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_8558&feature=iv&src_vid=f8cyncILfGk&v=ujbVtbr4usw
> and noticed that the Elite behaviours are pretty much the same… Kinda disappointed, or what do you think? I hardly counter Elites in fear nowadays… I’m just hoping that this will be changed before the release of Halo 4 though I deeply know it won’t…
>
> Can I have others point of view?

I made a post about why the Reach Elites are such a disappointment.

> However i will say that there is a bit of improvement from the reach ones

But I think this is the case.

In the recent Eurogamer demo, an Elite Minor tried to flank Chief on Normal.

In Spartan Ops SDCC Legendary gameplay, Rangers can be seen trying to flank Spartan IVs. Their jetpack grants them much less height making them more accessible and combat orientated.

Flanking has seen improvement. It’s not a great start (a great start would be adding to their abilities like jumping at the player, knocking a player out of his vehicle, more strafe maneuvers) but at least their health is reasonable. It’s that single fact that allows me to tolerate the Halo 4 Elites (besides, I like plowing through an army).

And from what I’ve read on this forum, when you try to splatter the Elites, they will avoid it and return fire (I am not sure about the nature of this. Hopefully it’s a new thing). Also, they prioritize vehicle threats, going after a Gauss Hog instead of a Ghost (I’m unsure about this one as well).

Lastly, 343 have said that Hologram won’t fool the AI more than once IIRC.

Well… we can always hope for the best, I want to see some Elite dancing between my bullets :smiley: or hop off a roof delivering a flykick and you fall down, or maybe some close combat martial arts… That’d be badass…