Concern About "Firepower"

In this page, it says somewhere in the middle that there are two announced Tactical Packages you can equip on your Spartan, one being Firepower. This allows you to carry two primary weapons. I seriously hope there is some sort of not-mentioned limitation in this, because I don’t want to see people carrying around DMR’s and the now beefed-up AR’s at the same time. It would make them a monster at all ranges.

I am not too sure about it as well. It can become quite OP but like with BR/DMR combos for ultimate utility.

I hope there is drawbacks to every kind of specialization, AA, and who know’s what else there is in Halo 4.

I don’t think that will be any problem, sure some players will have easier time adapting between close to mid/long range thanks to these weapons, but you still got your own weapon of choice as well as AAs and perks to spice it up.
2 gun advantage can easily be nullified with invisability, hard shield, “wallhack” or any other perk/thing.

No offense but you are complaining about the fact that you can run around with a ar and dmr? Aren’t you able to already do that in all Halos by picking up a dmr after you have spawned with a ar? Or do you mean two primaries and a sidearm? Otherwise I do not understand why you are worrying.

> I don’t think that will be any problem, sure some players will have easier time adapting between close to mid/long range thanks to these weapons, but you still got your own weapon of choice as well as AAs and perks to spice it up.
> 2 gun advantage can easily be nullified with invisability, hard shield, “wallhack” or any other perk/thing.

Yes, but see, Tactical Packages are different from Armor Abilities, just for clarification. It is interesting to find that you can counter AAs with tactical packages, or the other way around. Say someone activates there HL shield, if you have the grenadier package, you can chunk extra nades over behind him to take him out.

all that makes me worried about is the fact that I may not be able to pick up any weapon whenever I want to.

It is stupid to not be able to do that. Some times it was even a disadvantage. like when some idiot picks up both shotty and sword

There can be two outcomes to this ability:

It can be overpowered if Weapon Balance is not right, and that there are hardly any weapons on the map.

It can be redundant if you are still able to find whatever weapon you are going to use easily on the map.

I can see myself using this perk, but only if I am paired up with a few uncoorporative randoms who keeps hogging the ammo on the BR or DMR. Otherwise, I see it as a tad bit redundant to use it if I can easily get the gun near my spawn and that my ammo can be retrieved from my kills.

> all that makes me worried about is the fact that I may not be able to pick up any weapon whenever I want to.
>
> It is stupid to not be able to do that. Some times it was even a disadvantage. like when some idiot picks up both shotty and sword

you can replace your sidearm after you’ve spawned it just lets you spawn with 2 primarys

hehe, that would be funny if you were not allowed to carry a sniper AND a R/L or a shotgun and a Sword.

but you are…I just don’t think those will be loadouts…

> > all that makes me worried about is the fact that I may not be able to pick up any weapon whenever I want to.
> >
> > It is stupid to not be able to do that. Some times it was even a disadvantage. like when some idiot picks up both shotty and sword
>
> you can replace your sidearm after you’ve spawned it just lets you spawn with 2 primarys

Exactly. It isn’t really much of an advantage, it just gives you two primaries when you spawn. Anyone who survives for more than 10 seconds can easily get two primaries even without this “perk”. It’ll only be useful for rushers and on small maps.

Unless when they say “2 primaries”, they actually mean dual-wielding (I doubt it - dual-wielding was already confirmed to be out). Then that’ll be a bit more useful, although I’m pretty sure dual-wielding DMRs will be completely ineffective.

> > > all that makes me worried about is the fact that I may not be able to pick up any weapon whenever I want to.
> > >
> > > It is stupid to not be able to do that. Some times it was even a disadvantage. like when some idiot picks up both shotty and sword
> >
> > you can replace your sidearm after you’ve spawned it just lets you spawn with 2 primarys
>
> Exactly. It isn’t really much of an advantage, it just gives you two primaries when you spawn. Anyone who survives for more than 10 seconds can easily get two primaries even without this “perk”. It’ll only be useful for rushers and on small maps.
>
> Unless when they say “2 primaries”, they actually mean dual-wielding (I doubt it - dual-wielding was already confirmed to be out). Then that’ll be a bit more useful, although I’m pretty sure dual-wielding DMRs will be completely ineffective.

half the time there is no weapons that you actually prefer plus this would be good on small maps and even in BTB since the start is like ‘peg it to the warthog’(well its what I do)and you hop out with only one particularlly good weapon