Con we get some updates/ DLC's for Halo Wars please!

Halo Wars has not been updated, or new DLC’s in forever. Am i the only one who wants some new things for Halo wars?

> Halo Wars has not been updated, or new DLC’s in forever. Am i the only one who wants some new things for Halo wars?

I can imagine that it’s not the biggest priority 343 Industries has. I’m not saying that they don’t care about Halo Wars, or the players that play it, but they have a lot on their plate right now. Plus, it would just be awkward if they released DLC right now.

> Halo Wars has not been updated, or new DLC’s in forever. Am i the only one who wants some new things for Halo wars?

BlackBird,

The current focus in terms of Halo games is the upcoming launch and subsequent post-launch support of Reach. Currently, there is nothing set for additional Halo Wars updates and/or DLC. We are looking into the possibility of addressing some issues raised by the Halo Wars community, but anything along those lines won’t happen until post-Reach sometime.

-Jon

Thanks for that update! I was watching this thread with great interest.

> Thanks for that update! I was watching this thread with great interest.

I couldn’t agree more!!! One might even say this makes me giddy…or should I say “gitty”

Also didn’t Ensemble Studios get dissolved by Microsoft, so isn’t there nobody to do work on that particular IP?

> > Thanks for that update! I was watching this thread with great interest.
>
> I couldn’t agree more!!! One might even say this makes me giddy…or should I say “gitty”
>
> Also didn’t Ensemble Studios get dissolved by Microsoft, so isn’t there nobody to do work on that particular IP?

Gitty, i gitt it!

Gitty, I gitt it!

I want kinect support for any possible Halo Wars update. I’d love to be able to manipulate a RTS with the system if it’s possible.

> I want kinect support for any possible Halo Wars update. I’d love to be able to manipulate a RTS with the system if it’s possible.

That is the first Kinect idea I’ve heard that I can really get behind! (Now please excuse me while I go crazy with it…)

Selecting my army with a wave of a hand would be one of the coolest things ever. Then I can point towards an enemy army and deliver a heart moving speech about the perils of battle and the glory to be gained! And there would be a morale meter, so if I messed up the speech my units would be tempted to desert my army. And if I really botched it they would turn against me.

Also, during any cutscene with a superior officer, I would have to stand at attention and salute. Failure to do so would result in me doing some push-ups or jumping jacks and if I refused to do them I could be subject to a court-marshal.

And finally, I could zoom down to the individual unit level and give any one of them a high five for being awesome.

> > Thanks for that update! I was watching this thread with great interest.
>
> I couldn’t agree more!!! One might even say this makes me giddy…or should I say “gitty”
>
> Also didn’t Ensemble Studios get dissolved by Microsoft, so isn’t there nobody to do work on that particular IP?

some of ensemble went to microsoft some went to robot entertainment. Robot entertainment gave over the rights to Halo Wars to 343 Industries.[

> > Halo Wars has not been updated, or new DLC’s in forever. Am i the only one who wants some new things for Halo wars?
>
> BlackBird,
>
> The current focus in terms of Halo games is the upcoming launch and subsequent post-launch support of Reach. Currently, there is nothing set for additional Halo Wars updates and/or DLC. We are looking into the possibility of addressing some issues raised by the Halo Wars community, but anything along those lines won’t happen until post-Reach sometime.
>
> -Jon

Would one of the issues to possably be addressed the rank exp requirements?

> Would one of the issues to possably be addressed the rank exp requirements?

seriously.
sitting right now at everything but my General achievement, if i get that i’ll max out waypoint. and i’ve been playing halo wars semi-regularly since launch.
upside: general is not required for the eva helmet. seems like 343 appreciates how daunting the task is.
still, i’d like to do it before reach.

hugs and kisses,
-sz0r

Halo wars kinect would be cool.

> Halo wars kinect would be cool.

I have to disagree with you, particularly seeing as Halo Wars is the first console RTS to actually get the controls somewhat right, throwing in Kinect support would just delay the fine tuning of whatever (if any) sequal is made for Halo Wars.

> > Halo wars kinect would be cool.
>
> I have to disagree with you, particularly seeing as Halo Wars is the first console RTS to actually get the controls somewhat right, throwing in Kinect support would just delay the fine tuning of whatever (if any) sequal is made for Halo Wars.

I don’t think it would be THAT hard to implement. Something just, for fun. Kinect OPTIONAL. I mean I can already imagine it now, would be a bit hard but cool when you get it.
Using your fingers to do paintbrush, both of your hands to control zoom… et cetera.

Ya but the one thing that sucks with Kinect is you have to stand up with all games so it picks up your body. when you sit down it gets confused. I wouldn’t want to stand during a RTS.

> > > Halo wars kinect would be cool.
> >
> > I have to disagree with you, particularly seeing as Halo Wars is the first console RTS to actually get the controls somewhat right, throwing in Kinect support would just delay the fine tuning of whatever (if any) sequal is made for Halo Wars.
>
> I don’t think it would be THAT hard to implement. Something just, for fun. Kinect OPTIONAL. I mean I can already imagine it now, would be a bit hard but cool when you get it.
> Using your fingers to do paintbrush, both of your hands to control zoom… et cetera.

> Ya but the one thing that sucks with Kinect is you have to stand up with all games so it picks up your body. when you sit down it gets confused. I wouldn’t want to stand during a RTS.

Not true at all, I’m surprised this misconception still exists. You can sit and Kinect works just fine. I can even lay on the couch and wave my hand around to control menus. It all just depends on what the game does. It could have you standing up and moving around while playing volley ball, sitting while playing another game, laying on the floor doing pushups in an exercise app. There is no “standing” requirement with Kinect.

Maybe its just my set up then.