Compromise. Jet Pack with Evade

i think a good compromise for the ‘WHY IS JETPACK IN MATCHMAKING’ people would be to let people use evade when jet packs can be used.

loadouts could be as follows:

Sprint
Jet Pack
Armor Lock
Evade
Hologram

seems like a good compromise, right?

> i think a good compromise for the ‘WHY IS JETPACK IN MATCHMAKING’ people would be to let people use evade when jet packs can be used.
>
> loadouts could be as follows:
>
> Sprint
> Jet Pack
> Armor Lock
> Evade
> Hologram
>
> seems like a good compromise, right?

Well, I don’t see the point of having sprint if you have Evade, but yeah, a good compromise.

Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.

That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.

> Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
>
> That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.

absolutely. what im saying is, its pretty evident that if 343 hasnt woken up to the obvious fact that jet pack turns the game into fairy funtimes by now, they likely never will.

its even in arena.

so, compromise! randoms can fly around like faries, just give me evade so i can actually effectively combat their map breaking.

as an added bonus: evade is the glue that holds this game together.

mini nukes got ya down?
people goin in for the double derp (without bleedthru)?
gettin’ spammed at?

evade, and outplay them.

they using evade too? its still balanced as the better person still wins, and both players have a super intense mini-battle thats like CHESS where 4 evades determines victory or death for both players in a 1v1 battle.

honestly if evade wasnt in halo reach i would have lost the vast majority of my interest in this game long ago. im just super thankful i have other computer games to play aside from this execrable halo game.

Well evade was in team doubles at first along with sprint, jet-pack, and hologram. The problem?

1. it was before the TU

2. People hated it and I don’t see why either. It was more reliable to dodge rockets than sprint could.

3. People complain to Bungie about it, and they removed it sadly.

Evade is twice as -Yoinking!- annoying as jetpacks. It’s cheaper than armor lock as far as cheating death goes, thanks to the kill times and the fact that you can use it twice.

Jet Pack haters are pathetic. Can’t kill someone who’s often found flying out in the wide open skies with no cover around, remove it. How sad.

What they should do is add Evade and remove Armor Lock.

> Jet Pack haters are pathetic. Can’t kill someone who’s often found flying out in the wide open skies with no cover around, remove it. How sad.
>
> What they should do is add Evade and remove Armor Lock.

LOL @“flying out in the wide open.”

Looks like someone has never played opponents with an IQ over 80.

> Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
>
> That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.

i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.

> > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> >
> > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
>
> i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.

No.

> Evade is twice as Yoink! annoying as jetpacks. It’s cheaper than armor lock as far as cheating death goes, thanks to the kill times and the fact that you can use it twice.

you realize evade is the glue that holds this game together right?

think about it:

the main issues with this game are as follows:

abysmally balanced AA’s
mini nuke grenades
no bleed melees (in non-tu playlists)
random ‘coin flip’ spambattles

evade solves all of them, adding more skill gap in the process than any individual thing in reach.

> > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> >
> > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
>
> i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.

yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.

its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?

oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.

then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!

quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.

typical RDF post is typical.

> > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > >
> > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> >
> > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
>
> yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
>
> its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
>
> oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
>
> then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
>
> quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
>
> typical RDF post is typical.

all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.

but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…

> > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > >
> > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > >
> > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> >
> > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> >
> > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> >
> > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> >
> > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> >
> > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> >
> > typical RDF post is typical.
>
> all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
>
> but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…

so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?

i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.

also, in order for 343 to actually make a map with jet pack in mind so its not blatantly, and laughably overpowered, they are limited to narrow hallways, with no open space, and no top control, and no ledges up high. restricting much? LOL

> > > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > > >
> > > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> > >
> > > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> > >
> > > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> > >
> > > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> > >
> > > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> > >
> > > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> > >
> > > typical RDF post is typical.
> >
> > all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
> >
> > but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…
>
> so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?
>
> i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.

well everyone who takes the time to look will notice how bad every single map non-MLG matchmaking is, they won’t be replaced but we could get some good community made maps and reduce the weighting of the default horrible maps.

honestly, on balanced maps that where built with AA’s in mind makes jet-pack balanced, those soft kill zone area’s hardly exist and the ones that do are completely useless, the main AA of choice on these maps usually turns out to be AL, camo or sprint depending on the player, i’ve seen high level jet packers choose sprint over jet pack on some as well.

any way, why can’t you just look up at the guy hiding in th soft kill zones? there usually isn’t much cover in those areas and all you have to do is put pressure on them.

> > > > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > > > >
> > > > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> > > >
> > > > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> > > >
> > > > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> > > >
> > > > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> > > >
> > > > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> > > >
> > > > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> > > >
> > > > typical RDF post is typical.
> > >
> > > all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
> > >
> > > but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…
> >
> > so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?
> >
> > i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.
>
> well everyone who takes the time to look will notice how bad every single map non-MLG matchmaking is, they won’t be replaced but we could get some good community made maps and reduce the weighting of the default horrible maps.
>
> honestly, on balanced maps that where built with AA’s in mind makes jet-pack balanced, those soft kill zone area’s hardly exist and the ones that do are completely useless, the main AA of choice on these maps usually turns out to be AL, camo or sprint depending on the player, i’ve seen high level jet packers choose sprint over jet pack on some as well.
>
> any way, why can’t you just look up at the guy hiding in th soft kill zones? there usually isn’t much cover in those areas and all you have to do is put pressure on them.

yanno, i could go on to explain to you (for days) how exactly jet pack is the most laughable thing to ever stay in serious playlists, but it would be a complete and total waste of time. if you dont understand it by now, you are either incapable of understanding it, or you arent at the level of ‘halo prowess’ required to see how things like map control shouldnt be thrown to the wayside in favor of giving people fairy packs simply because they want to fly (literally the only reason anyone will ever give you FOR keeing jet packs in).

seriously. i already laid out the cons for jet pack, and you added ‘maps dont work for jetpack’ on top of that. so riddle me this:

whats 1 other reason besides ‘i like jetpack, its fun’ is there for keeping jet pack in? why should ‘its fun’ trump ‘serious gameplay without gimmicks, easy exploits, and inherent imbalances’?

> > > > > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> > > > >
> > > > > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> > > > >
> > > > > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> > > > >
> > > > > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> > > > >
> > > > > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> > > > >
> > > > > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> > > > >
> > > > > typical RDF post is typical.
> > > >
> > > > all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
> > > >
> > > > but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…
> > >
> > > so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?
> > >
> > > i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.
> >
> > well everyone who takes the time to look will notice how bad every single map non-MLG matchmaking is, they won’t be replaced but we could get some good community made maps and reduce the weighting of the default horrible maps.
> >
> > honestly, on balanced maps that where built with AA’s in mind makes jet-pack balanced, those soft kill zone area’s hardly exist and the ones that do are completely useless, the main AA of choice on these maps usually turns out to be AL, camo or sprint depending on the player, i’ve seen high level jet packers choose sprint over jet pack on some as well.
> >
> > any way, why can’t you just look up at the guy hiding in th soft kill zones? there usually isn’t much cover in those areas and all you have to do is put pressure on them.
>
> yanno, i could go on to explain to you (for days) how exactly jet pack is the most laughable thing to ever stay in serious playlists, but it would be a complete and total waste of time. if you dont understand it by now, you are either incapable of understanding it, or you arent at the level of ‘halo prowess’ required to see how things like map control shouldnt be thrown to the wayside in favor of giving people fairy packs simply because they want to fly (literally the only reason anyone will ever give you FOR keeing jet packs in).

so a person moving is now laughable? may as well remove the ability to move now since it is “laughable”.

> seriously. i already laid out the cons for jet pack, and you added ‘maps dont work for jetpack’ on top of that. so riddle me this:
>
> whats 1 other reason besides ‘i like jetpack, its fun’ is there for keeping jet pack in? why should ‘its fun’ trump ‘serious gameplay without gimmicks, easy exploits, and inherent imbalances’?

because it adds another dynamic and skill to the game.

> > seriously. i already laid out the cons for jet pack, and you added ‘maps dont work for jetpack’ on top of that. so riddle me this:
> >
> > whats 1 other reason besides ‘i like jetpack, its fun’ is there for keeping jet pack in? why should ‘its fun’ trump ‘serious gameplay without gimmicks, easy exploits, and inherent imbalances’?
>
> because it adds another dynamic and skill to the game.

ok at this point is clearly false. What dynamic & skill is there? THERE’S NONE, its literally obvious when someone jet-packs, you can hear it across the entire CC-maps. I don’t count flaking or dive-bombing from the use of jet-pack as being skill or dynamic, it kills the map, the weapons while bloom affecting that fight mind you, and its just clearly not Halo.

seriously, jet-pack needs to go and stay in grifball, action sack, customs or campaign. maybe firefight, its meh in firefight…

> > > > > > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > typical RDF post is typical.
> > > > >
> > > > > all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
> > > > >
> > > > > but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…
> > > >
> > > > so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?
> > > >
> > > > i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.
> > >
> > > well everyone who takes the time to look will notice how bad every single map non-MLG matchmaking is, they won’t be replaced but we could get some good community made maps and reduce the weighting of the default horrible maps.
> > >
> > > honestly, on balanced maps that where built with AA’s in mind makes jet-pack balanced, those soft kill zone area’s hardly exist and the ones that do are completely useless, the main AA of choice on these maps usually turns out to be AL, camo or sprint depending on the player, i’ve seen high level jet packers choose sprint over jet pack on some as well.
> > >
> > > any way, why can’t you just look up at the guy hiding in th soft kill zones? there usually isn’t much cover in those areas and all you have to do is put pressure on them.
> >
> > yanno, i could go on to explain to you (for days) how exactly jet pack is the most laughable thing to ever stay in serious playlists, but it would be a complete and total waste of time. if you dont understand it by now, you are either incapable of understanding it, or you arent at the level of ‘halo prowess’ required to see how things like map control shouldnt be thrown to the wayside in favor of giving people fairy packs simply because they want to fly (literally the only reason anyone will ever give you FOR keeing jet packs in).
>
> so a person moving is now laughable? may as well remove the ability to move now since it is “laughable”.
>
>
>
> > seriously. i already laid out the cons for jet pack, and you added ‘maps dont work for jetpack’ on top of that. so riddle me this:
> >
> > whats 1 other reason besides ‘i like jetpack, its fun’ is there for keeping jet pack in? why should ‘its fun’ trump ‘serious gameplay without gimmicks, easy exploits, and inherent imbalances’?
>
> because it adds another dynamic and skill to the game.

1.) its not about ‘moving’ its about ‘freedom of movement’ being overpowered because of exploits on maps (poor map design)
2.) map control is an important core-concept of halo. how, exactly does one defend jet pack if also wanting to maintain the integrity of such a fundamental part of the game?
3.) added skill? YOU CANT BE CEREAL. how hard is it to fly into a soft kill barrier? RUL HARD. studied for days on this one. still cant manage to press the button and press forward. the strain on my fingers is simply too great!
4.) added dynamic? like how one second you’ll need to shoot straight up, then the next you’ll need to shoot 90 degrees down? i guess its time to up the skill gap by enforcing the optimal use of 10 sensitivity! added dynamic like anticipating people flying straight up from ANYWHERE on the map to gain the most god-tier vantage point on the entirety of the map? how much top down cover is there on most maps? not much. fly up = profit when used correctly.

i’ll take non-gimmicks over ‘press AA + directional joystick takes more skill’ any day of the year.

> > > > > > > > > Why is a compromise necessary? Jetpack is game-breaking garbage and needs to go.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > That’s really all there is to it. Only in the wonderful world of Halo do people defend this slop.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > i’m so sorry that you have the inability to look up.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > yea, map control as a concept is overrated right? its much better to have the game be random sporadic battles occurring at any given time because someone has the ability to fly straight up and eliminate virtually all cover on a map.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > its also overrated for blue team to get blue teams sniper on reflection. red team gets much better use of it anyways, right? fits in real nice with their free rocket launcher and easy battle to win the shotgun, granting the red team a whopping THREE power weapons to blue teams ONE. seems fair in competitive play right?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > oh, and its also pretty good to be able to stand in soft kill barriers for a whopping TEN SECONDS (how long is the kill time on the DMR? multiply that times 4 players on their team and what do you get? enough time to kill their entire team from the ‘hand of god’ spot you are in, then get away unscathed with relative ease.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > then theres also the spots that should blatantly have HARD KILL BARRIERS but the maps dont even have a barrier at all!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > quite frankly, the only people who defend jet pack being in any of the serious playlists are people who dont play the game seriously, or cant comprehend the effect of jet pack when used properly. period.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > typical RDF post is typical.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > all i saw in this post was issues with map design and not the AA itself, all the AA does is move the player vertically, any advanatages and disadvantages come from how the maps are designed.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > but yet, you don’t seem to realize this…
> > > > >
> > > > > so what you are saying is, maps are designed so poorly they dont allow for jet pack to be viable in the first place, so it should be removed?
> > > > >
> > > > > i agree. glad we could both make the same obvious -CORRECT- conclusion.
> > > >
> > > > well everyone who takes the time to look will notice how bad every single map non-MLG matchmaking is, they won’t be replaced but we could get some good community made maps and reduce the weighting of the default horrible maps.
> > > >
> > > > honestly, on balanced maps that where built with AA’s in mind makes jet-pack balanced, those soft kill zone area’s hardly exist and the ones that do are completely useless, the main AA of choice on these maps usually turns out to be AL, camo or sprint depending on the player, i’ve seen high level jet packers choose sprint over jet pack on some as well.
> > > >
> > > > any way, why can’t you just look up at the guy hiding in th soft kill zones? there usually isn’t much cover in those areas and all you have to do is put pressure on them.
> > >
> > > yanno, i could go on to explain to you (for days) how exactly jet pack is the most laughable thing to ever stay in serious playlists, but it would be a complete and total waste of time. if you dont understand it by now, you are either incapable of understanding it, or you arent at the level of ‘halo prowess’ required to see how things like map control shouldnt be thrown to the wayside in favor of giving people fairy packs simply because they want to fly (literally the only reason anyone will ever give you FOR keeing jet packs in).
> >
> > so a person moving is now laughable? may as well remove the ability to move now since it is “laughable”.
> >
> >
> >
> > > seriously. i already laid out the cons for jet pack, and you added ‘maps dont work for jetpack’ on top of that. so riddle me this:
> > >
> > > whats 1 other reason besides ‘i like jetpack, its fun’ is there for keeping jet pack in? why should ‘its fun’ trump ‘serious gameplay without gimmicks, easy exploits, and inherent imbalances’?
> >
> > because it adds another dynamic and skill to the game.
>
> 1.) its not about ‘moving’ its about ‘freedom of movement’ being overpowered because of exploits on maps (poor map design)
> 2.) map control is an important core-concept of halo. how, exactly does one defend jet pack if also wanting to maintain the integrity of such a fundamental part of the game?
> 3.) added skill? YOU CANT BE CEREAL. how hard is it to fly into a soft kill barrier? RUL HARD. studied for days on this one. still cant manage to press the button and press forward. the strain on my fingers is simply too great!
> 4.) added dynamic? like how one second you’ll need to shoot straight up, then the next you’ll need to shoot 90 degrees down? i guess its time to up the skill gap by enforcing the optimal use of 10 sensitivity! added dynamic like anticipating people flying straight up from ANYWHERE on the map to gain the most god-tier vantage point on the entirety of the map? how much top down cover is there on most maps? not much. fly up = profit when used correctly.
>
> i’ll take non-gimmicks over ‘press AA + directional joystick takes more skill’ any day of the year.

so instead of trying to get better maps put into matchmaking you choose to complain about AA’s and would rather AA’s being removed and a reduced skill gap over better maps?

makes perfect sense!