Complex, one of the worst maps of all time?

Maybe I’m alone in this, but it’s mind blowing to me how terrible this map is. I like literally every other map, and it seems like they got drunk while making this one. There’s two occasions where I find this map fun, Capture The Flag, and when I camp the big bunker with a shotgun/scattershot… which, isn’t very fun for anyone else. I think it should be removed from every Slayer gametype.

how did you go past abandon too?

shudders

Playing it split-screen is suicide. You can’t look towards the middle of the map without both players FPS dropping abysmally low, but if you don’t look towards the middle you get crossmapped in SWAT, which means you can’t contribute. It sucks.

I don’t mind Abandon too much… at least, I don’t groan when I see people voting for it. At least the game tends to end due to score on that map, and not time limit.

> I don’t mind Abandon too much… at least, I don’t groan when I see people voting for it. At least the game tends to end due to score on that map, and not time limit.

ive never had a halo game (slayer) end due to time limit…

I hate complex, a lot! Far too many camping spot, rooftops, the inside of the center building, the glitchy area when playing Flood, absolutely horrible for Regicide as it’s far too big and it becomes so boring. Worst map ever.

> > I don’t mind Abandon too much… at least, I don’t groan when I see people voting for it. At least the game tends to end due to score on that map, and not time limit.
>
> ive never had a halo game (slayer) end due to time limit…

Most of the time I play team slayer on Complex, it comes REALLY close. People just sit in the large bunker with the sword/shotguns and just kind of wait… and no one wants to go in. It got worse once I started playing people with wetwork and whatnot.

> > I don’t mind Abandon too much… at least, I don’t groan when I see people voting for it. At least the game tends to end due to score on that map, and not time limit.
>
> ive never had a halo game (slayer) end due to time limit…

Reach my friend. So many bad maps.

But back to the OP; complex is horrible. I honestly think it should be removed from all 4v4 and 5v5 gametypes. Though it MIGHT, again MIGHT, work in BTB or dominion.

Complex is 343s attempt at applying BTB design and forcing it to work as an Arena map with mixed results.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the player count as 6v6, something that Halo 4’s map sizes could benefit from. As of now, there’s more searching for other players in geometry than actual engagements. If 343 is going to adopt more modern elements, then at a casual level 4 v 4 has to go with the map sizes we have.

Adrift has the same problems. Many time i am going down hallways just looking for players to kill rather than have a focused area in which to engage other players in.

I like Haven for FFA and 4 v 4 though.

> > > I don’t mind Abandon too much… at least, I don’t groan when I see people voting for it. At least the game tends to end due to score on that map, and not time limit.
> >
> > ive never had a halo game (slayer) end due to time limit…
>
> Reach my friend. Some many bad maps.
>
> But back to the OP; complex is horrible. I honestly think it should be removed from all 4v4 and 5v5 gametypes. Though it MIGHT, again MIGHT, work in BTB or dominion.

I can see it working for dominion… lots of cover, easily defensible, rather large.

Ever played SWAT on it? Lol, what a joke, it’s almost as funny as Adrift on SWAT. At least on Adrift I’ve never been killed, spawned, and then killed 4 more times by the same person because I spawned in the EXACT same spot every time. It’s like they forgot their game has guns in it.

I can forgive SWAT though, I know the game isn’t built around it. Still, Adrift… almost completely based on luck unless you’re camping. Better hope when you’re walking around in a giant square no one catches up to you! Wanna check behind you or look to the doorways on the side? Better hope no one pops out in front of you! Sprinting so no one catches up to you? Better hope no one is walking around the corner!

CTF is stacked against Red team, as well. Blue gets a nice, wide-open space with maybe one easily defensible overlook. Red Gets a cramped, 2-3 overlook area. It really makes that map no fun…

It seems to big for free-for-all, the contrast between total exposure and tight hallways/rooms where you get grenaded or shotgunned.

It seems like a map where you need a ranged weapon and boltshot/automatic secondary.

Complex seems more like an oddball map, over bad, but since it doesn’t fit very well into the Halo 4 multiplayer I can see why people assume its terrible.

Complex I can stand, even with it’s horrific glitch spot making Flood a pile of YOINK! if anyone knows about it.

Haven is worse for me. Much, much worse. I guess it’d be ok without instant respawn, but as it is that and Ragnarok I am just so sick of. Even then, Ragnarok is ok, but EVERYONE votes for the damn thing. I can’t like something I get burned out on.

Complex is terribad. All people do is camp on top of that center building with DMR and Ordnance.

shudders

The spawn system doesn’t help how bad this map plays. People constantly spawning behind you getting a free revenge kill is just annoying.

cant stand camp-plex…

Complex is bizarre. It’s like 343 took the big book of gameplay design principles, threw it out of the window, and go a dozen level design guys to make a section each and then mashed it all together.

It’s a real awkward map. It’s completely asymmetrical. It’s too big for SWAT and Regicide. There are a few huge great lines of sight and then 40% of the map is composed of claustrophobic corridors and rooms. It’s not a vehicle-friendly map. The way the map is designed funnels action into a few key areas right in the middle, with no safe way to traverse half of the outside of the map (the cliff side).

I don’t hate this map as much as just not get it. 343 didn’t have a meeting where they said “we want to make a map that encourages team camping on one rooftop”… right?

Complex is fine, if it werent for those 2 random ghosts. Like honestly, if you want vehicles play big team. I never like vehicle maps that dont have anti-vehicle weapon spawns

and btw, Adrift is prolly the worst map, just because every damn side is the same, everything is monotonous and no callouts will ever be made in this map lol

Eh, I kind of like Complex.

Except for on Flood or Oddball, cause everyone hides in that damn wall.

I only like complex for KotH, it’s bad on everything else