Complex needs patching, still.

Everybody knows about it by now. Playing The Flood against the d-bags who hide within the walls makes it a crappy gaming experience. I hope 343 is looking into this. They haven’t been replying to my tweets (Trollfric) so I don’t know if they are doing anything about it. Anybody know?

Edit: 11/15/2012 They just replied to me on twitter. They say

“We are aware and are investigating. Thank you.”

That’s good enough for me! Thanks guys!

game breaking glitches are always patched eventually.
what you don’t know is that :
1- patching a game costs money (an xbla/indie game developer (maybe Notch?) said it cost about 10k to patch it) because it has to be thoroughly tested by MS to ensure it doesn’t create more bugs or glitches.*
2- since it has to be tested, it takes longer to patch a game.

till it’s out, just vote haven instead of complex. you know, haven, since it’s the only other map H4 has…

*MS testing it doesn’t even work well anyway, as one patch for Fez actually broke the game completely and corrupted your save file if you downloaded it.

Why would it cost 343 money to patch their game? They’re owned by micorsoft, it would be redundant to charge themselves to patch their game.

We are aware of the Complex issues, and we expect some of the fixes to roll out next week. We will continue pushing out Matchmaking fixes for these issues in general on Mondays.

Please don’t fix it. I find if funny that everyone is complaning about the glitch but when you are in matchmaking everyone votes for complex and half of everyone runs to the wall first. I don’t mind it and I find it fun killing everyone in there glitching. If YOU we’re a good player you should have no problem killing everyone in that wall. If you don’t like the glitch don’t try hopping in the wall trying to get the last kill over and over again. That’s what the glitch master wants you to do.

Lol get out of here kid. Not all of us like cheating and nobody likes cheaters.

Ok tell me how many people you see run to that wall during a flood match and tell me everyone isn’t doing it.

> 1- patching a game costs money (an xbla/indie game developer (maybe Notch?) said it cost about 10k to patch it) because it has to be thoroughly tested by MS to ensure it doesn’t create more bugs or glitches.*

The patch shouldn’t have to be done via a TU (which is what would normally cost a dev thousands of dollars) since they can modify maps via Forge. That’s something a tester can do by themselves, instead of having a designer and/or engineers try to plan out some kind of work around. The devs should be able to place a kill zone or two in there.

> Ok tell me how many people you see run to that wall during a flood match and tell me everyone isn’t doing it.

Oh, you’re right. A whole bunch of people are cheating so we should all cheat. Good plan.