Complex CTF: Red Spawn

Are you kidding me?

1. Why the -Yoink- are we playing 2 flag on an asymmetrical map?
  2. Why the -Yoink- does Red Spawn have a grav lift that Blue can immediately take to make their flag carrier safe?
  3. Why the -Yoink- do Red players spawn at the bumfuck back of their base when their flag is away?
  4. Why the -Yoink- does Blue Spawn have multiple access routes to Big Jerk, which overlooks all of Red Spawn?
  5. Why the -Yoink- is Blue’s flag in the middle of a -Yoinking!- field, making it impossible for Red players to grab in a pinch?
  6. Why the -Yoink- do 2 Mongoose rides spawn ON TOP of Red’s flag?

I want to know who thought this was a map suitable for 2 flag and I want to know what Red/Blue win percentages are on this map. This is unreal.

Whoever setup flag and spawn positions on this map is a complete joke of a designer.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343i- You suck.

This map would be perfect for one flag however.

> This map would be perfect for one flag however.

Is 1 flag even possible in forge?

> > This map would be perfect for one flag however.
>
> Is 1 flag even possible in forge?

No I don’t believe so. :frowning:

That map is too big and sucks for everything except btb. And it’s not in btb so… it should be deleted and replaced with the awesome map called relay. That map came with the game but it’s not in any playlist now. There’s two other ones too. There’s a map called settler that would be real good for ctf. And a desert big team map.

Why don’t they use them? They are all really good maps. Way better than complex.

Totally agree 80% I am red I loose. The blue have their flag in the open

I agree with all the comments especially after having a stretch of being on the red team for about 5 matches or more (when Complex was chosen). However, red team can win, its not a given, auto-loss.

And I can’t lie, when on blue team I certainly take advantage of the advantages.

if they moved the flags to the back of each base instead of to the sides of them it whould even out a little the map is the perfect size for a small game with defult sprint the game is still new and bungi never realy had it right untill they let players add there maps to the playlist an im sure that wil happen give it time to find its groove

I agree with all of what OP said.

Its probably the most unbalanced map ever put in matchmaking for ctf.

343 testers obviously have no fn idea and thats why there are so many problems.

Abandon is also quite broken for ctf.

Hi guys, the spawn system on the Blue side of the map is easier to exploit. Just FYI.

2 flag on asymmetrical maps is bad enough as is. The rest of the isses would be non existant if it were one flag, really. At least not as bad.

rotate blue flag around the sniper spawn to the corner behind the tree, now the flags remain the same distance apart, blues flag is still accessible, not easily campable and closer to a covered escape route in the form of the large base.

this would also funnel more of the game into the courtyard and blue room, bringing a different playstyle than slayer on the same map, and removing the usefulness of the top of the buildings as an effective way to cover flags. not to mention giving that same usefulness back to red team to cover their offensive unit

Unforutnately there is no one flag anymore!
>:(

One flag is technically possible, but you will still see 2 flags.

Just place the attackers flag out of the map in a place no one can reach.

Yes Yes Yes fix this map placing the flag red defends in a better position

I agree 100%, however Complex is not the worst CTF map in the CTF playlist; Abandon is. That map is absolutely horrid for 2 flag CTF. Blue Flag is wide open and low while Red flag is high and immediately above a lift, not to mention this map is way too small for 10 players. Whose brilliant idea was put Abandon in the CTF playlist?

I have no idea how that got through testing let alone is still the way it is now. Its so broken for ctf.

So many things need fixing and im not seeing much action at all. Ive just about had it with this game. Most of my Halo friends have already quit. 343 you really suck

Not only high but inside a structure.

> I agree 100%, however Complex is not the worst CTF map in the CTF playlist; Abandon is. That map is absolutely horrid for 2 flag CTF. Blue Flag is wide open and low while Red flag is high and immediately above a lift, not to mention this map is way too small for 10 players. Whose brilliant idea was put Abandon in the CTF playlist?

Complex has no place in any of the playlists, remove it from the game and replace it with a well designed forge map.