Complaints Put To Rest?

How can people feel better about the Halo 4 multiplayer? Originally, everyone was justifiably freaking out. Then Frankie and some other people made some minute comments and everyone felt ok again. I really don’t know how.

There is still instant respawn, joining games in progress and the fact that you have to unlock the BR. There is probably other stuff I am missing.

I understand that you can still pick the BR up on the map and that it won’t be very difficult to unlock. However, I plan to jump straight into the Campaign on Legendary, so I’m going to be late to the party with Multiplayer.

I can’t stand for joining games in progress.

I don’t feel better, I still think everyone of these changes sound genuinely horrible.

> I don’t feel better, I still think everyone of these changes sound genuinely horrible.

I’m sure everyone is still worried that Halo 4 won’t be what they want it to be. We don’t know much about it yet, and hardly anyone has had a play of it to tell the rest of us how it is. Personally, none of it sounds to me as if the game won’t still be fun to play. I’ll have to wait until I get it until I pass final judgement though.

Along with unlocking weapons you unlock armour perks. AAs are also back, minus armour lock.

Thats another reason for me to jump straight into multiplayer… haha

Unlocking the BR shouldn’t be a prob. Frankie said it wouldn’t take forever, and I’m sure you can pick up one off the map. There is also team BRs, which my guess, is that they will grant everyone with a Br in that game mode.

I also think I remember Frankie saying that there are default classes. Idk the description of the default classes, but that should be nice. Like cod, they have default classes that you can easily kick -Yoink- with if you are behind in the unlocking game.

I personally think everyones just tired of complaining about something that … …
A)hasnt come out yet.
B)they think that even though X,Y,Z addition to the game is “a bad Idea”,but will somehow be ballanced.
C) Other.

All of these changes can be wonderful if implemented properly.

Join in progress is needed on BTB.

Whenever you play BTB on Halo 3, there will always be lots of guests and quitters. And unfortunantely, the quitters often have several guests with them, which can take up to four players out of a game at the same time.

Join in progress will fix that

However, jip shouldn’t be in ranked playlists for obvious reasons

Instant respawns will be great for making action sack more chaotic and they would probably be fine in FFA

In FFA, everyone is everyone’s enemy, so even if there was no instant respawn, someone else will attack you when you do your dirty stuff to the person you just killed. I don’t see how instant respawns will change anything if implemented into FFA.

But I see little need for them anywhere else. Did anyone ever complain about waiting 3 seconds?

Armor abilities were cool. And before you say that armor abilities ruined Reach and that is why it doesn’t have as many players online as H3 used to have, then think again.

The population counter in Halo 3 is based on an entire day. So if player X plays at 1:00 PM and player Z plays at 3:00 PM, it will say there are two players.
But in Reach, the counter is constantly active. If you go on at 3:00 PM, the counter will say 1 person is online.
So if you look at the Halo 3 counter, you will see several times more people playing than are actually playing at that time.
The Halo Reach counter makes it look like it has a small population, but it actually doesn’t.

So don’t throw too much hate at AAs.

You will slow down when you get shot if you are sprinting, so it is much harder to run away with sprint now. From what we have heard, it seems like sprint will have little use other than allowing you to make long walks quicker, which will just speed up gameplay.

And yes, there should be several classic playlists without armor abilities. So if you do not like jetpack, camo, hologram, or X-ray vision, then you don’t have to play with them.

Custom loadouts will be a problem however. I do not like the idea of someone being able to spawn with a BR while I cannot.
But if everyone can spawn with the same weapons, then it shouldn’t damage balance too much.
It actually makes it more balanced than Halo 3, because in Halo 3, some people will spawn next to a BR while others will not. But in Halo 4, everyone can get a BR, not just the people that spawn next to one.

Did I miss anything?

I’m stoked for the changes! H3 felt like it was from the stone age to me, and Reach improved the formula in my opinion. I know many on this forum don’t like Reach or the multiplayer changes coming to H4, but join-in progress could be the best thing ever for Halo. Imagine if it comes with some kind of booting system where a team can book AFKers.

> All of these changes can be wonderful if implemented properly.
>
> Join in progress is needed on BTB.
>
> Whenever you play BTB on Halo 3, there will always be lots of guests and quitters. And unfortunantely, the quitters often have several guests with them, which can take up to four players out of a game at the same time.
>
> Join in progress will fix that
>
> However, jip shouldn’t be in ranked playlists for obvious reasons
>
> Instant respawns will be great for making action sack more chaotic and they would probably be fine in FFA
>
> In FFA, everyone is everyone’s enemy, so even if there was no instant respawn, someone else will attack you when you do your dirty stuff to the person you just killed. I don’t see how instant respawns will change anything if implemented into FFA.
>
> But I see little need for them anywhere else. Did anyone ever complain about waiting 3 seconds?
>
> Armor abilities were cool. And before you say that armor abilities ruined Reach and that is why it doesn’t have as many players online as H3 used to have, then think again.
>
> <mark>The population counter in Halo 3 is based on an entire day. So if player X plays at 1:00 PM and player Z plays at 3:00 PM, it will say there are two players.</mark>
> <mark>But in Reach, the counter is constantly active. If you go on at 3:00 PM, the counter will say 1 person is online.</mark>
> <mark>So if you look at the Halo 3 counter, you will see several times more people playing than are actually playing at that time.</mark>
> <mark>The Halo Reach counter makes it look like it has a small population, but it actually doesn’t.</mark>
> <mark>So don’t throw too much hate at AAs.</mark>
>
> You will slow down when you get shot if you are sprinting, so it is much harder to run away with sprint now. From what we have heard, it seems like sprint will have little use other than allowing you to make long walks quicker, which will just speed up gameplay.
>
> And yes, there should be several classic playlists without armor abilities. So if you do not like jetpack, camo, hologram, or X-ray vision, then you don’t have to play with them.
>
> Custom loadouts will be a problem however. I do not like the idea of someone being able to spawn with a BR while I cannot.
> But if everyone can spawn with the same weapons, then it shouldn’t damage balance too much.
> It actually makes it more balanced than Halo 3, because in Halo 3, some people will spawn next to a BR while others will not. But in Halo 4, everyone can get a BR, not just the people that spawn next to one.
>
>
> Did I miss anything?

Decent post. I only highlighted this paragraph because when you compare the daily populations for both games this far into each ones lifespan, H3 was still over 1,000,000 while Reach is between 500,000 and 750,000.

Just these are still worrying me :

MP

Join in progress matches.
Unlock weapons by leveling.
Same weapons just with variations, same gameplay.
No new weapons or foreign weapons.

Halo 4 and beyond

343i still afraid to move forward to new horizons
We will still use MC why not other new Spartan like Alice (or a Forerunner)?
Old enemies returns (90% of the covenant crew are confirmed) and mostly you would battle them again for most of the game and maybe for Halo 5 and 6.
Break Bungie’s Halo canon info.
Halo still treated like “MC and Humanity history” like Transformers the movies where the humans are the center of the damm history.

> I don’t feel better, I still think everyone of these changes sound genuinely horrible.

> How can people feel better about the Halo 4 multiplayer? Originally, everyone was justifiably freaking out. Then Frankie and some other people made some minute comments and everyone felt ok again. I really don’t know how.
>
> There is still instant respawn, joining games in progress and the fact that you have to unlock the BR. There is probably other stuff I am missing.
>
> I understand that you can still pick the BR up on the map and that it won’t be very difficult to unlock. However, I plan to jump straight into the Campaign on Legendary, so I’m going to be late to the party with Multiplayer.
>
> I can’t stand for joining games in progress.

I don’t think you understand the unlocking of weaepons fully. Unlocking the BR is for your custom loadout only. Halo 4 will also have default loadouts with the guns you love available. at least that was my understanding from the last sparkast.

In other words, won’t have the BR in your custom loadout until it is unlocked, but you can still choose to start with it if it is included in the deafualt loadouts for that particular map. got it?

Also, Instant respawns are gametype specific, they do not occur across all H4 MP.

> How can people feel better about the Halo 4 multiplayer? Originally, everyone was justifiably freaking out. Then Frankie and some other people made some minute comments and everyone felt ok again. I really don’t know how.
>
> There is still instant respawn, joining games in progress and the fact that you have to unlock the BR. There is probably other stuff I am missing.
>
> I understand that you can still pick the BR up on the map and that it won’t be very difficult to unlock. However, I plan to jump straight into the Campaign on Legendary, so I’m going to be late to the party with Multiplayer.
>
> I can’t stand for joining games in progress.

I very, very much like the instant re-spawns, but how “instant” is it? The same second you die?

Lol

Complaints Put to Rest = CPR

CPR = Carfully Planned Reveals 0_o

The only one I MIGHT have a problem with is joining games in progress, but if there’s an option to shut that off then it wouldn’t be a problem at all.

So far everything else seems manageable or great additions.

I don’t know why people complain at all. 1. halo just has this way with it’s maps and weapons where even if you are extremely leveled up, you can be beat by a plasma pistol. 2. they are still going to buy the game anyway so just shut up or move to COD.

> > How can people feel better about the Halo 4 multiplayer? Originally, everyone was justifiably freaking out. Then Frankie and some other people made some minute comments and everyone felt ok again. I really don’t know how.
> >
> > There is still instant respawn, joining games in progress and the fact that you have to unlock the BR. There is probably other stuff I am missing.
> >
> > I understand that you can still pick the BR up on the map and that it won’t be very difficult to unlock. However, I plan to jump straight into the Campaign on Legendary, so I’m going to be late to the party with Multiplayer.
> >
> > I can’t stand for joining games in progress.
>
> I very, very much like the instant re-spawns, but how “instant” is it? The same second you die?

Yeah, I think it it’s literally instant lol. Still, I think of it as not much of a problem. Why?

  1. It’s not forced upon you. It’s optional. That doesn’t mean you can sit out of the spawn forever. It will force you in at a specific time.

  2. I’m sure people will use the time to change their loadouts

  3. I sure that many actually prefer waiting a little before jumping right into action, because many like to take a look at their surroundings after they were killed. If I don’t know where I was killed, I will take the time to look around other than bum rush for revenge. In general, some people like me are just observant.

  4. Insta-spawning out of frustration for revenge will not guarantee you the kill. It depends.

/Overall, just depends on the player. If he/she is comfortable with spawing quickly, then they will. I will insta-spawn sometimes or wait it off for some reason, once I get H4.

Joining in progress is a huge fix for the whole quitting issue. It might be annoying to join in the middle of a game but if games just keep cycling (like in Gears 3) then I have no problem with it. Faster game times with full teams most of the time.