Complaints About Skill Rank

Okay guys, all of this complaining about losing rank because your team lost even though you did well needs to stop. It’s ridiculous for people to think that you shouldn’t lose rank because you played well. Myself, as well as others, have said it in several posts, you are playing TEAM SLAYER. How well your TEAM does is all that matters. Yes it is frustrating when you do well but your team loses. It’s the same as when a basketball player drops 40 but his team loses.

If you don’t like losing rank, start winning. If you aren’t getting good teammates, start recruiting. You have a friends list for a reason. This is how people ranked up in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

People need to stop wanting their skill rank to be handed to them on a noobified platter. It’s a great feeling to grind and grind, get better and better, and finally hit that onyx or semi pro tier. For those that aren’t good enough to get there, tough! Keep practicing!

> 2533274910667203;1:
> Okay guys, all of this complaining about losing rank because your team lost even though you did well needs to stop. It’s ridiculous for people to think that you shouldn’t lose rank because you played well. Myself, as well as others, have said it in several posts, you are playing TEAM SLAYER. How well your TEAM does is all that matters. Yes it is frustrating when you do well but your team loses. It’s the same as when a basketball player drops 40 but his team loses.
>
> If you don’t like losing rank, start winning. If you aren’t getting good teammates, start recruiting. You have a friends list for a reason. This is how people ranked up in Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>
> People need to stop wanting their skill rank to be handed to them on a noobified platter. It’s a great feeling to grind and grind, get better and better, and finally hit that onyx or semi pro tier. For those that aren’t good enough to get there, tough! Keep practicing.

I think the only ones that want their rank handed to them on a platter are the ones that want their team to carry them.

By no means should we rank up when we lose. But we also shouldn’t lose as much rank as we do when we have an outstanding game but still lose. We also shouldn’t rank up if we have a horrible game but the rest of our teammates pick up the slack.

> 2533274817814977;2:
> > 2533274910667203;1:
> > Okay guys, all of this complaining about losing rank because your team lost even though you did well needs to stop. It’s ridiculous for people to think that you shouldn’t lose rank because you played well. Myself, as well as others, have said it in several posts, you are playing TEAM SLAYER. How well your TEAM does is all that matters. Yes it is frustrating when you do well but your team loses. It’s the same as when a basketball player drops 40 but his team loses.
> >
> > If you don’t like losing rank, start winning. If you aren’t getting good teammates, start recruiting. You have a friends list for a reason. This is how people ranked up in Halo 2 and Halo 3.
> >
> > People need to stop wanting their skill rank to be handed to them on a noobified platter. It’s a great feeling to grind and grind, get better and better, and finally hit that onyx or semi pro tier. For those that aren’t good enough to get there, tough! Keep practicing.
>
>
> I think the only ones that want their rank handed to them on a platter are the ones that want their team to carry them.
>
> By no means should we rank up when we lose. But we also shouldn’t lose as much rank as we do when we have an outstanding game but still lose. We also shouldn’t rank up if we have a horrible game but the rest of our teammates pick up the slack.

This won’t happen nonstop tho. You won’t have a terrible player make it to onyx and semi pro by being carried every game. It’s easier to carry in Team Slayer, but when you get into the objective playlists it will become more difficult. Either way, bad players will certainly find their way into the lower tiers with time. They can’t be carried forever!

No, I disagree. If you go negative in slayer on the losing team you should go down. If you go positive on the losing team you shouldn’t be dropped. You should just be neutral.

Although if you go positive on the winning team you gain full points, and if you go negative on the winning team you gain half points.

^ THAT’s how it’s supposed to be in Team Slayer. The emphasis isn’t supposed to be on Team, it’s supposed to be on Slayer. Slayer is the objective. If you fail at the objective (going negative) you should be punished, likewise if you go positive you should be rewarded.

Dur.

This ranking system should only work for Rumble pit only.

Oh Ok buddy. Like previously stated I had a 3.0k/d 11.0+ KDA, and had won 3/4 of my games yet was bronze.

The ranking system is broken no matter how much you want to white knight about it.

> 2533274855879550;4:
> No, I disagree. If you go negative in slayer on the losing team you should go down. If you go positive on the losing team you shouldn’t be dropped. You should just be neutral.
>
> Although if you go positive on the winning team you gain full points, and if you go negative on the winning team you gain half points.
>
> ^ THAT’s how it’s supposed to be in Team Slayer. The emphasis isn’t supposed to be on Team, it’s supposed to be on Slayer. Slayer is the objective. If you fail at the objective (going negative) you should be punished, likewise if you go positive you should be rewarded.
>
> Dur.
>
> This ranking system should only work for Rumble pit only.

WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that. This is a TEAM game. Not an individual based game. What if you win a game 50-49? You think one person deserves to move up more than the rest? Stop it. You win as a team. You lose as a team.

What about in objective games? Someone that didn’t capture a flag doesn’t rank up?

> 2535416519117528;5:
> Oh Ok buddy. Like previously stated I had a 3.0k/d 11.0+ KDA, and had won 3/4 of my games yet was bronze.
>
> The ranking system is broken no matter how much you want to white knight about it.

Placements are a different thing. Yes, that needs to be tended to. That’s a different thing than the ranking system itself. We are talking about moving up and down within the ranks.

If that is how it’s gunna be then rank in H5 means crap.

There is no point to use it as a meter of skill when your own rank is based on players who were afk or quit in your games.

L:eague systems aren’t about grinding. CSR ranks are not supposed to be about grinding that is what progression systems are for.

Leageu systems are supposed to place you with your equals or else they are broken PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

> 2535416519117528;9:
> L:eague systems aren’t about grinding. CSR ranks are not supposed to be about grinding that is what progression systems are for.
>
> Leageu systems are supposed to place you with your equals or else they are broken PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Did you not read? Placements are a seperate issue. They aren’t a problem with the rank system.

> 2533274808972171;8:
> If that is how it’s gunna be then rank in H5 means crap.
>
> There is no point to use it as a meter of skill when your own rank is based on players who were afk or quit in your games.

Personally, I’ve had VERY few games like this. But yeah it sucks when it happens. But it doesn’t call for a change in the entire system. If you don’t like it, find teammates :slight_smile:

> 2533274855879550;4:
> No, I disagree. If you go negative in slayer on the losing team you should go down. If you go positive on the losing team you shouldn’t be dropped. You should just be neutral.
>
> Although if you go positive on the winning team you gain full points, and if you go negative on the winning team you gain half points.
>
> ^ THAT’s how it’s supposed to be in Team Slayer. The emphasis isn’t supposed to be on Team, it’s supposed to be on Slayer. Slayer is the objective. If you fail at the objective (going negative) you should be punished, likewise if you go positive you should be rewarded.
>
> Dur.
>
> This ranking system should only work for Rumble pit only.

I believe that it is as he says, one thing is that you turn the objective, which is to get the largest number of possible deaths then you should be rewarded by gaining experience, but it would also be good to remove you experience if you get more deaths than killed… I think it is something that should be even… Unfortunately not all have a team to play or people who can.

> 2533274910667203;6:
> > 2533274855879550;4:
> > No, I disagree. If you go negative in slayer on the losing team you should go down. If you go positive on the losing team you shouldn’t be dropped. You should just be neutral.
> >
> > Although if you go positive on the winning team you gain full points, and if you go negative on the winning team you gain half points.
> >
> > ^ THAT’s how it’s supposed to be in Team Slayer. The emphasis isn’t supposed to be on Team, it’s supposed to be on Slayer. Slayer is the objective. If you fail at the objective (going negative) you should be punished, likewise if you go positive you should be rewarded.
> >
> > Dur.
> >
> > This ranking system should only work for Rumble pit only.
>
> WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that. This is a TEAM game. Not an individual based game. What if you win a game 50-49? You think one person deserves to move up more than the rest? Stop it. You win as a team. You lose as a team.
>
> What about in objective games? Someone that didn’t capture a flag doesn’t rank up?
>
> -----------------------------
>
> You’re right to an extent, but keep in mind that there are players who do not move during the game. It’s something very annoying, at least for me, which a team loses with a 50-43 for example and only for that a player did not move and perhaps the could have made 7 or more killed, in that case there should be any exception

> 2533274847255035;13:
> > 2533274910667203;6:
> > > 2533274855879550;4:
> > > No, I disagree. If you go negative in slayer on the losing team you should go down. If you go positive on the losing team you shouldn’t be dropped. You should just be neutral.
> > >
> > > Although if you go positive on the winning team you gain full points, and if you go negative on the winning team you gain half points.
> > >
> > > ^ THAT’s how it’s supposed to be in Team Slayer. The emphasis isn’t supposed to be on Team, it’s supposed to be on Slayer. Slayer is the objective. If you fail at the objective (going negative) you should be punished, likewise if you go positive you should be rewarded.
> > >
> > > Dur.
> > >
> > > This ranking system should only work for Rumble pit only.
> >
> >
> > WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Get outta here with that. This is a TEAM game. Not an individual based game. What if you win a game 50-49? You think one person deserves to move up more than the rest? Stop it. You win as a team. You lose as a team.
> >
> > What about in objective games? Someone that didn’t capture a flag doesn’t rank up?
> >
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > You’re right to an extent, but keep in mind that there are players who do not move during the game. It’s something very annoying, at least for me, which a team loses with a 50-43 for example and only for that a player did not move and perhaps the could have made 7 or more killed, in that case there should be any exception

You arent going to find a system with “Exceptions” lol. You win, you move up. You lose, you move down. Not “You lost but this happened.” Whether it be an AFK, lag, your controller died, or they were just better than you, you lost. You lose rank. Stop wanting to justify why you lost and shouldn’t move down.