Complaints about Ranking System

Is it me or does it seem like all the people that dont want the 1-50 ranking were people that couldnt ever win in halo 2 or 3?

i think that they’re all just mad that their 50 doesn’t carry over to the newer halo games

just a thought…
:confused:

Just you.

prove it

Well, ya. Usually people who suck at something don’t like to be told they suck at it.

That’s just basic human nature.

No I could win in Halo 3 no problem. I just had better things to worry about than a silly number next to my name all the time. Also the 1-50 system was flawed. Too many people just boosted their way up to their 50’s that in the end, calling it a skill rank was just silly.

whats the point of playing if theirs no incentive to win. Im a competetive person that believes when you when your rewarded and when you lose your held accountable, like the real world. im tired of just give it your best and everyone gets a medal. Everyone is becoming a bunch of vaginas

> No I could win in Halo 3 no problem. I just had better things to worry about than a silly number next to my name all the time. Also the 1-50 system was flawed. Too many people just boosted their way up to their 50’s that in the end, calling it a skill rank was just silly.

And yet as a 50 the only people who ever gave me problems were other 50s.

> whats the point of playing if theirs no incentive to win. Im a competetive person that believes when you when your rewarded and when you lose your held accountable, like the real world. im tired of just give it your best and everyone gets a medal. Everyone is becoming a bunch of vaginas

> whats the point of playing if theirs no incentive to win. Im a competetive person that believes when you when your rewarded and when you lose your held accountable, like the real world. im tired of just give it your best and everyone gets a medal. Everyone is becoming a bunch of vaginas

the number should not give a competitive player an incentive to win. A competitive player plays to win, not get a number. That’s vanity. Nothing wrong with vanity, but it is vanity that your playing for if the number gives you the incentive to win.

Regardless, I think that they need the 1-50 because it has a larger “life-span” than the progression system. Let’s face it, the ranking system they have now goes by waaay too fast. A ton of people are already into the specializations. These ranks they have now are flying by. With the 1-50, it takes much longer to advance through the ranks and a lot of people will find it impossible to achieve the highest level, requiring practice and dedication.

About your last line; I tend to agree, but that’s a totally different subject.

I’m still playing halo 3. I seem to have a lot more fun on it. I will probably come back to halo 4 when the have ranks and team doubles or classic slayer… In the mean time if you don’t like the game go play something else…

I wasn’t close to 50 and I want a 1-50 ranking system back. It was incredibly addicting. Too bad by the time I finally got good enough to start working my way up Reach came out and I had no one to play ranked with (which was half the fun, either playing with your friends or racing them to the next rank). So no, some people were not 50 and legitimately want a ranking system back. I’m tired of having no clue how good I am at this game other than a 5 year old stat.