Complaints about Halo 4 are going away

For a few weeks after launch the forums were a great place for constructive criticism and praise for Halo 4, then the hate started. I’ve seen careless forum users chucking hate at the people who worked hard to make the game for you, to be honest they deserve more than that.

Now 343i has started to respond to those on the forums and, while I may not agree with the method the issues had to be addressed in, the game is improving incredibly quickly. The new playlists are quickly making Halo 4 one of my favourite Halo games to date.

Thank you and congratulations 343i for your work on Halo 4, you’re starting to show the sense of community of Bungie’s Halo past :slight_smile:

Let’s get one thing straight… MOST complaints have not been constructive. I’m not sure what you are reading… ((((Shrugs))))

The release of a dedicated FFA list has been what I wanted for Halo 4 since the start. The Majestic map pack will hopefully turn around a lot of opinions over the coming weeks.

My biggest continuing issue is JIP. I hate walking into a game where you have no chance to win or have any real influence over. It isn’t Halo to me to have this.

The FFA dedicated playlist has improved it, but no, the complaints aren’t ever going to go away unless they buy a planetside bann-hammer to smash the complainers with.

Seriously, you think it’s just going to go away cause they restrict freedom of speech and bann people every direction?

The complaints come simply because they made a game the real Halo community isn’t happy with. If they make it how everybody wants them to, that will fix most of the complaints real quick.

Biggest issue with the cmmunity is overall communication. Theres still people unaware of the section specifically made for matchmaking criticism which 343 has responded too perfectly with changes to team doubles and stuff though they update them weekly. Also communication of the changes are not reaching the gameing populus that have basically taken the path of sticking their heads in the ground until the TU drops unaware of anything thats happening in the community.

Well they are decreasing because half of the haters are either playing another game or just don’t care anymore.Since everything that could be complained about has been countless times.That and 343 has a lot of data and feedback to utilize now.So now they know what people like and don’t like the most, which is starting to reflect on the game slowly.Which people are beginning to notice.

Although 343 still has not addressed the issue about no playable grunts, which makes me sad. sad face

> Well they are decreasing because half of the haters are either playing another game or just don’t care anymore.Since everything that could be complained about has been countless times.That and 343 has a lot of data and feedback to utilize now.So now they know what people like and don’t like the most, which is starting to reflect on the game slowly.Which people are beginning to notice.
>
> Although 343 still has not addressed the issue about no playable grunts, which makes me sad. sad face

You just dont let up about those grunts do ya,Yum? XD

> > Well they are decreasing because half of the haters are either playing another game or just don’t care anymore.Since everything that could be complained about has been countless times.That and 343 has a lot of data and feedback to utilize now.So now they know what people like and don’t like the most, which is starting to reflect on the game slowly.Which people are beginning to notice.
> >
> > Although 343 still has not addressed the issue about no playable grunts, which makes me sad. sad face
>
> You just dont let up about those grunts do ya,Yum? XD

Nope XD, i love those lil guys, grunts are funny in every halo game.

Does the frame rate feel a little bad to you guys :o?

> My biggest continuing issue is JIP. I hate walking into a game where you have no chance to win or have any real influence over. It isn’t Halo to me to have this.

Try Team Throwdown. There is no JiP and you will truly appreciate that it is in the game. Most matches in that playlist are won because of quitters. I love Team Throwdown I just hate people quitting when the match gets tough.

I don’t mind joining games in progress. I know for a fact that I have joined losing teams and either brought them back to a win or close to it. Sometimes there is no saving a team but it does present a good challenge.

> Does the frame rate feel a little bad to you guys :o?

I doubt its due to half decade outdated hardware in the 360 that can’t get past 30 fps.So yes the frame rate is bloody terrible in Halo 4, but not much that can be done about it so owell.

Wait what?!? 343i has responded to the communities request? When did this happen? I certainly don’t believe it.

They certainly haven’t responded to the competitive communities cries for an in-game ranking system (something we had in 2004) they would instead rather promote their own laggy website.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Wait what?!? 343i has responded to the communities request? When did this happen? I certainly don’t believe it.

They certainly haven’t responded to the competitive communities cries for an in-game ranking system (something we had in 2004) they would instead rather promote their own laggy website.

343i is a horrible and ignorant game developer and will disband after the new halo trilogy because they couldn’t make an original/innovative game to save their lives.

> The FFA dedicated playlist has improved it, but no, the complaints aren’t ever going to go away unless they buy a planetside bann-hammer to smash the complainers with.
>
> Seriously, you think it’s just going to go away cause they restrict freedom of speech and bann people every direction?
>
> The complaints come simply because they made a game the real Halo community isn’t happy with. If they make it how everybody wants them to, that will fix most of the complaints real quick.

Conspiracy theories? Seriously?

You are right though. The complaining will never stop. Why? Because you just can’t please the “Real Halo Community”. Ever.

Also, I don’t appreciate being lumped in.

>

Well there’s the new small DLC maps, the Boltshot nerf, the Waypoint ranking… Yep, 343 OBVIOUSLY doesn’t listen to us!

Or maybe you simply refuse to acknowledged what they have done and just move on to even more ridiculous complains?

We’ve given up /thread

> The FFA dedicated playlist has improved it, but no, the complaints aren’t ever going to go away unless they buy a planetside bann-hammer to smash the complainers with.
>
> Seriously, you think it’s just going to go away cause they restrict freedom of speech and bann people every direction?
>
> The complaints come simply because they made a game the real Halo community isn’t happy with. If they make it how everybody wants them to, that will fix most of the complaints real quick.

the real halo community? bro do you seriously think that this forum represents the real halo community? the real halo community is too busy playing halo and dont care about this forum. you see pal, this forum is just barely a tenth of the population of halos fanbase. its full of hate because hate is what attention seekers use to get noticed. they put out a game that expanded on what your precious bungie created. you hate armor abilities, guess what, they was in halo 3 in the form of equipment, and odst and then they surfaced in the form they are in today in reach. by my count thats 3 halos by bungie that have something you dislike and only the first 2 without. spartan ops is a better firefight which bungie created. these armor abilities are more fair versions of what bungie created. this customization is an improvement over reaches loadouts that had no real choices. sorry to bust your balls man but, your fooling yourself, so is the rest of this forum. halo 4 needed playlists only. thats what held it back from being the best halo ever, in the eyes of halos true fanbase that is.

> We’ve given up /thread

Agreed.

Used to hang around the forums daily, now once a week or something. Game is dead to me and my friends. At the start I had 25+ friends playing it, now only 1 friend is still playing Halo 4, everyone else has moved on to different games.

343 did a great job at addressing issues. I didn’t play for 1 month and I come back to a game with NO ROTATING PLAYLISTS and a kick@$$ playlist selection. This game is turning around real fast and I’m so happy.

There’s still too much stuff wrong with the game to say complaints are dying down. Just because no one has complained about the dmr in a while doesn’t mean it’s not a problem anymore (it still is).

Not to mention all the other things the previous games offered that this game carelessly left out. For example, no playable elites, lost game types, a half functioning theatre mode, and I’m still relying on reach for all my forging. And then there’s little stuff too, like putting your gun down for machinimas, infection mode with other weapons, grifball being an assault game type vs an oddball game type, etc. They can’t put a lot of that stuff into the game at this point, so of course people will still be complaining.

Its too late for 343i to address a lot of the community’s problems at this point, which is why they absolutely have to for halo 5. I have my own personal list of things I am looking for in the next halo game before I even consider buying it. If they can’t get their act together, then they are going to loose me and many others as loyal halo customers.

> > We’ve given up /thread
>
> Agreed.
>
> Used to hang around the forums daily, now once a week or something. Game is dead to me and my friends. At the start I had 25+ friends playing it, now only 1 friend is still playing Halo 4, everyone else has moved on to different games.

Same thing with my friends had a whole lot now they don’t even want me to talk about Halo. They literally said there were Disgusted with Halo 4