[complaint] Halo 4's german Synchronization

Halo 4 looks gorgeous.
Halo 4 plays gorgeous.
Halo 4 sounds… terrible. In german to be precise.

Most of you played Halo 4 like it is intended to be: with Master Chief being voiced by Steve Downes and Cortana by Jen Taylor. I never had that luck. I, like most germans, had to play with a badass, that sounded like a dentist. I had to listen to a Cortana, that sounded more mechanical than siri.
If you think everyone in germany would sound like Till Lindeman from Rammstein, I can assure you they don’t.

I had to endure all of this, and even more… and still loved Halo. From the first back in 2003 (Pc, if anyone wonders why not 2001) to even Halo Reach.

But now, with 343 Industries I had the hope, everything would change - the suffering would finally end. Like other big developers (i.e. Rockstar) 343 could simply give us the original with subtitles - we germans could finally get the chance to listen and play to the sound of those terrific voice actors.

Oh, how wrong I was…

So here I am complaining. But I am not only here to complain, I am here to give you 343 a solution to this particular problem.
Another studio under the wings of Microsoft, Epic Games, had to face similar complaints, although those synchronizations weren’t that bad at all.

They gave us an DLC with the original voices. And we were happy.

So please, 343, make it similiar and help us.

TL;DR 343 Industries needs to give us an DLC with the original english voices

You’re speaking English, why cant you hear English? wow that sounded bad, Sorry :confused:

We don’t get the option. It is german by default - we can only change the language of the subtitles, not the one of the dub :confused:

Ich finde die deutschen Stimmen sind tausend mal besser geworden :slight_smile:

> You’re speaking English, why cant you hear English? wow that sounded bad, Sorry :confused:

Gotta’ agree with you on that one.

Why can’t you purchase an English copy online?

> Ich finde die deutschen Stimmen sind tausend mal besser geworden :slight_smile:

He said, the voices were much better this time.

From worst to bad isn’t that good after all in my opinion.

> You’re speaking English, why cant you hear English? wow that sounded bad, Sorry :confused:

Germany, like many big European countries, traditionally put their own language front and foremost in media. They’re big countries, and English has only become a major language in the past 60-70 years or so. Which means there are a lot of people who don’t speak/write/understand it as well as the younger generations. That’s why Germans (+ Swiss and Austrians), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italians use dubbing in their own language.

I’m Dutch, THANK GOD we don’t dub things over here. I believe that’s the same with the Scandinavian countries as well.

Yes, it’s extremely lame. I remember seeing Jurassic Park in German about 10 years ago at my family’s place in Switzerland…didn’t watch the movie after that for about 5 years out of sheer terror hahaha. And I’m a huge fan of that movie, always have been.

So I can understand how lame it is to the OP to have to play H4 in German when you can understand English perfectly and actually prefer to play that way.
Tough luck for you OP! Maybe you can switch your 360’s settings to English? Would that work?

> Why can’t you purchase an English copy online?

I purchased the limited console back in july. And like i said, i hoped this time it would have the option to change to the english original.

Now i don’t want to purchase another copy :confused:

> Tough luck for you OP! Maybe you can switch your 360’s settings to English? Would that work?

Well thanks :confused: No, that won’t work either.

Are you sure? I mean there were English dubs in Anniversary and that game only had one disc. Try setting the system language to English. That’s how it normally works for me (with all games, not only Halo).

How do you even know about this, got the game already?

Ok sorry I was kinda late.

> > Ich finde die deutschen Stimmen sind tausend mal besser geworden :slight_smile:
>
> He said, the voices were much better this time.
>
> From worst to bad isn’t that good after all in my opinion.

So you played the game already?
Did you heard the new voice actors?

But i still agree with you.There should be a DLC with the original voices.