Competitve playlist part of the fiction?

They should ground the new competitive playlist in the fiction! Wtih that in mind, “Team Throwdown” is kinda…well…it’s gives no sense to the “premiere competitive playlist” idea.

In order to ground it in the fiction, they should,

A) Call it Spartan League (gives a “sense” to some type of “official” league) People will start referencing it a lot easier that way creating a lot of social and media buzz “Oh what’s your rank in Spartan League?! Mine’s 45!” ect. #spartanleague :wink:

B) Once the CSR system comes out create a cinematic where sarah palmer give a prep talk and introduces us to the it all(both the playlist and the CSR system). Kinda like when bungie did the whole reach beta thing with aisha tyler.

C) Offer prizes (both large and small) and tournaments on a semi-regular basis.

D) My ideal thoughts for the two starting weapon loadouts would be BR and Carbine with DMR and LR as map pickups. Thrusterpacks only.

Thoughts?

Haha, that’s an interesting concept. Not too sure how the “hardcore” will like it though.

Cool name though. Much better than Team throwdown or Team Hardcore.

Seems kinda like the League play from call of duty which has gotten really popular.

Adding “league” to it will get more attraction from the player base.

Spartan League… I like it.

I personally like MLG rules for weapons - BRs, two grenades, resupply, explosives, no AA, after 7 kills you can call down a thruster pack, hardlight, or holo.

That said, Doubles Pro ruleset is acceptable. DMR + Pistol, 2 nades, resupply, explosives, no AA, no POD.

I’m really looking forward to playing competitive objective games again.

> They should ground the new competitive playlist in the fiction! Wtih that in mind, “Team Throwdown” is kinda…well…it’s gives no sense to the “premiere competitive playlist” idea.
>
> In order to ground it in the fiction, they should,
>
> A) Call it Spartan League (gives a “sense” to some type of “official” league) People will start referencing it a lot easier that way creating a lot of social and media buzz “Oh what’s your rank in Spartan League?! Mine’s 45!” ect. #spartanleague :wink:
>
> B) Once the CSR system comes out create a cinematic where sarah palmer give a prep talk and introduces us to the it all(both the playlist and the CSR system). Kinda like when bungie did the whole reach beta thing with aisha tyler.
>
> C) Offer prizes (both large and small) and tournaments on a semi-regular basis.
>
> D) My ideal thoughts for the two starting weapon loadouts would be BR and Carbine with DMR and LR as map pickups. Thrusterpacks only.
>
> Thoughts?

I a personally happy that 343 had scrapped the mentality that " if spartans didnt do it its not in matchmaking" plus I really dont need CG in my MM

> > They should ground the new competitive playlist in the fiction! Wtih that in mind, “Team Throwdown” is kinda…well…it’s gives no sense to the “premiere competitive playlist” idea.
> >
> > In order to ground it in the fiction, they should,
> >
> > A) Call it Spartan League (gives a “sense” to some type of “official” league) People will start referencing it a lot easier that way creating a lot of social and media buzz “Oh what’s your rank in Spartan League?! Mine’s 45!” ect. #spartanleague :wink:
> >
> > B) Once the CSR system comes out create a cinematic where sarah palmer give a prep talk and introduces us to the it all(both the playlist and the CSR system). Kinda like when bungie did the whole reach beta thing with aisha tyler.
> >
> > C) Offer prizes (both large and small) and tournaments on a semi-regular basis.
> >
> > D) My ideal thoughts for the two starting weapon loadouts would be BR and Carbine with DMR and LR as map pickups. Thrusterpacks only.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I a personally happy that 343 had scrapped the mentality that " if spartans didnt do it its not in matchmaking" plus I really dont need CG in my MM

Fair enough, but “Spartan League” is much better than both “Team Throwdown” and “Team Hardcore.”

Team Throwdown gives no sense to the “premiere competitive playlist” idea and Team Hardcore will only intimidate most people from playing it.

Spartan League is something we can all relate too. Both Hardcore and Casual alike.