Competitive vs casual

Okay, can we stop with the whole competitive vs casual thing? I keep seeing the same arguments over and over again…

“We competitive crowds deserve a competetive halo, you filthy casuals had two games, it’s our turn.”

“We casuals hate you sweaty try-hards! You ruin our slow paced game!”

Wouldnt it be much better if, oh I don’t know… CATER TO EVERYONE instead of this border line racism garbage? I mean come on guys… we’re all human and we love halo, why is it so hard to pick your Yoinks up off the ground and suck up your pride so we can all have a fun game to play?

I’m sorry for my aggravation at this, but I’m just so sick of all these people raging at each other, we’re supposed to be friends here, we’re a community and we have to accept each other no matter what issues come to play.

I don’t care if reach and 4 were to casual, and I could give two Yoinks that halo 5 is to competitive, let’s not isolate one side, let’s embrace both.

#stopbeingselfish

Just IMO, but I don’t think it’s the players as much as 343’s inability to distinguish between to two playstyles. As an example, what do you think happens to social playlists when they’re played on maps based around ranked arena?

While I would love for them to cater to both… I lean more towards competitive play now because yes there has been essentially three games for the casual play style… I LOVE H5 FFA because I haven’t had good competitive sweaty FFA since H3.

Competitive and casual gameplay comes from same origin. There is not really a difference between them. It’s just how do people play it.

We do 2 separate versions of every mode, Ranked and unranked. The reason why Halo 5 is so competitive is because Microsoft wants to sell the Esport side of halo. It’s like how they have the Req packs to help build the prize pool. Let’s be real, Microsoft doesn’t need our help to fund a single thing. It’s that mentality of “Helping” that they prey on, and that is why they made so much money.

> 2533274819580184;2:
> Just IMO, but I don’t think it’s the players as much as 343’s inability to distinguish between to two playstyles. As an example, what do you think happens to social playlists when they’re played on maps based around ranked arena?

343 should distinguish the two sides better, I agree. But I don’t think we should be at each others throats because of there mistake.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> While I would love for them to cater to both… I lean more towards competitive play now because yes there has been essentially three games for the casual play style… I LOVE H5 FFA because I haven’t had good competitive sweaty FFA since H3.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking competitive gamestyles, in fact embrace that. But it isn’t fair to say that the other type of player should just deal with the unbalanced nature of the game.

> 2535456165221911;4:
> Competitive and casual gameplay comes from same origin. There is not really a difference between them. It’s just how do people play it.

We all want to play a game at the end of the day really, and of course injoy it.

> 2533274988394857;5:
> We do 2 separate versions of every mode, Ranked and unranked. The reason why Halo 5 is so competitive is because Microsoft wants to sell the Esport side of halo. It’s like how they have the Req packs to help build the prize pool. Let’s be real, Microsoft doesn’t need our help to fund a single thing. It’s that mentality of “Helping” that they prey on, and that is why they made so much money.

I like the idea of two “organized” separate gamemodes, ranked and unranked.

It would have to be done properly sure, but it would be a step in the right direction.

> 2533274847563380;6:
> > 2533274819580184;2:
> > Just IMO, but I don’t think it’s the players as much as 343’s inability to distinguish between to two playstyles. As an example, what do you think happens to social playlists when they’re played on maps based around ranked arena?
>
>
> 343 should distinguish the two sides better, I agree. But I don’t think we should be at each others throats because of there mistake.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > While I would love for them to cater to both… I lean more towards competitive play now because yes there has been essentially three games for the casual play style… I LOVE H5 FFA because I haven’t had good competitive sweaty FFA since H3.
>
>
> There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking competitive gamestyles, in fact embrace that. But it isn’t fair to say that the other type of player should just deal with the unbalanced nature of the game.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535456165221911;4:
> > Competitive and casual gameplay comes from same origin. There is not really a difference between them. It’s just how do people play it.
>
>
> We all want to play a game at the end of the day really, and of course injoy it.
>
>
> > 2533274988394857;5:
> > We do 2 separate versions of every mode, Ranked and unranked. The reason why Halo 5 is so competitive is because Microsoft wants to sell the Esport side of halo. It’s like how they have the Req packs to help build the prize pool. Let’s be real, Microsoft doesn’t need our help to fund a single thing. It’s that mentality of “Helping” that they prey on, and that is why they made so much money.
>
>
> I like the idea of two “organized” separate gamemodes, ranked and unranked.
>
> It would have to be done properly sure, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Keep some game modes exclusive to one side. (BTB, infection, ETC)

I feel like the game caters to both sides. My rank isn’t very high though, so I get matched with a lot more casual crowd. I can see how it would be frustrating to always have really difficult matches though.

> 2533274847563380;1:
> Okay, can we stop with the whole competitive vs casual thing? I keep seeing the same arguments over and over again…
>
> “We competitive crowds deserve a competetive halo, you filthy casuals had two games, it’s our turn.”
>
> “We casuals hate you sweaty try-hards! You ruin our slow paced game!”
>
> Wouldnt it be much better if, oh I don’t know… CATER TO EVERYONE instead of this border line racism garbage? I mean come on guys… we’re all human and we love halo, why is it so hard to pick your Yoinks up off the ground and suck up your pride so we can all have a fun game to play?
>
> I’m sorry for my aggravation at this, but I’m just so sick of all these people raging at each other, we’re supposed to be friends here, we’re a community and we have to accept each other no matter what issues come to play.
>
> I don’t care if reach and 4 were to casual, and I could give two Yoinks that halo 5 is to competitive, let’s not isolate one side, let’s embrace both.
>
> #stopbeingselfish

Really cater for everyone. Because that is just soooo easy.
The Dnend Legion

This is Cave Johnson, we’re done here.
The Dnend Legion

I tried playing swat again, I had a few placement games before I get ranked and I think I lost every game.

One game I tried to get sweaty, I even sat up but we still lost.

Maybe two matchmaking sections for comp and casual? Probably a lot of work for 343 which they don’t want to do.

> 2533274985084926;9:
> > 2533274847563380;1:
> > Okay, can we stop with the whole competitive vs casual thing? I keep seeing the same arguments over and over again…
> >
> > “We competitive crowds deserve a competetive halo, you filthy casuals had two games, it’s our turn.”
> >
> > “We casuals hate you sweaty try-hards! You ruin our slow paced game!”
> >
> > Wouldnt it be much better if, oh I don’t know… CATER TO EVERYONE instead of this border line racism garbage? I mean come on guys… we’re all human and we love halo, why is it so hard to pick your Yoinks up off the ground and suck up your pride so we can all have a fun game to play?
> >
> > I’m sorry for my aggravation at this, but I’m just so sick of all these people raging at each other, we’re supposed to be friends here, we’re a community and we have to accept each other no matter what issues come to play.
> >
> > I don’t care if reach and 4 were to casual, and I could give two Yoinks that halo 5 is to competitive, let’s not isolate one side, let’s embrace both.
> >
> > #stopbeingselfish
>
>
> Really cater for everyone. Because that is just soooo easy.

Um… It kind of is. While it can’t be done in Halo 5, halo 6 can have 2 sides to multiplayer, ranked and unranked. One side competitive, and one side social.