Competitive Rank could be visible here is how

It is a very simple solution, when you enter a playlist put your skill rank as your Spartan ID and not ‘Wolf’, ‘S117’, or whatever. So for Slayer I would put CR34 for example. The only caveat to this is that you have to rely on the honesty of community.

Some will inevitably embellish and other will be more conservative. However, if you know that you are a 35, the range should be +or – 5 from you.

Great idea, OP.

Terrible idea. See if they just give us mile stone emblems that we can unlock when we reach a set high skill that would be fine. ie, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.

That’s actually not a terrible idea.

It’d be a great way for people to at least show their support of wanting in-game ranks, even if some people are obviously going to fudge the numbers.

Its a good idea but it probably wont catch on as Id say the majority of players dont come on the forums.

I wish they would just have it display on the playercard, I see no reason not to have it.

the awesomeness of that idea is equal to it’s simplicity

I can’t believe that no ones thought of it before

This is actually a really good idea.

Would also be hilarious to see Frank O’Conners reaction to this if enough people are doing it.

I’m totally up for it.

Someone has posted a topic before suggesting this. The general consensus in that topic (I think) was that 343i should just make it visible in game.

> That’s actually not a terrible idea.
>
> It’d be a great way for people to at least show their support of wanting in-game ranks, even if some people are obviously going to fudge the numbers.

When you allow fudge into numbers, they don’t become reliable or legit. It’d be simple to just make it visible to what your actually rank is. I don’t want think that this is kinda/maybe someone’s rank. There’s a lot of dishonest people out there, or peeps that will just put up a number for fun/joke. Rather eliminate all that together and make it work how it should.

> That’s actually not a terrible idea.
>
> It’d be a great way for people to at least show their support of wanting in-game ranks, even if some people are obviously going to fudge the numbers.

Hopefully people will catch on pretty fast and hopefully they’ll also realise that there’s no reason to lie about it. Plus it would be a great way to gauge whether or not people are actually getting matched up based on skill (ie: +/- 10)

that being said, I can’t see my self changing my service tag every single time I change playlists. Plus waypoint often lags behind (games don’t get added until hours or more after they’ve been played) so there’s bound to be some anomalies here and there

Good idea OP! Very few players would actually knowof this, unless the word really spread though.

I mean… I’m NOT on the side of the fence which thinks a CSR is even needed in this game…

But I can be mellow enough to admit that if you have ONE playlist using it, why not?

Just do it, be done with it, stop all these whinny threads already.

I will do this. This is a great idea and its not hard to look someone up and see their real rank.

OP - please change your title to “Could be visible” as to not be misleading.

Thanks!

> It is a very simple solution, when you enter a playlist put your skill rank as your Spartan ID and not ‘Wolf’, ‘S117’, or whatever. So for Slayer I would put CR34 for example. The only caveat to this is that you have to rely on the honesty of community.
>
> Some will inevitably embellish and other will be more conservative. However, if you know that you are a 35, the range should be +or – 5 from you.

It would be awesome if this catches on, that’ll show 343i. I’ll do it, if I can still stand to play this game by the time CSR launches.

I believe that the SR rank will be different for each playlist. If I’m a 45 in one playlist and a 12 in the other, I would not make the effort in changing my Tag everytime I hop into a new playlist.

> OP - please change your title to “Could be visible” as to not be misleading.
>
> Thanks!

Done, thanks.

Edit: Starting a separate thread for my theory as to not highjack OP’s thread or idea.

OP does have an interesting idea.

I could see this working. I’m not much of a competitive player as I get slammed in Matchmaking mostly, but I could imagine it’d work if it were just text.

That would make it easier for 343 and the community. Good idea OP. Let’s see if anything happens. :slight_smile:

Awesome idea :slight_smile: