Competitive players can't be satisfied...?

So, a new playlist was created specifically for the competitve players out there. You know, the ones who have plagued these forums for months with their posts about how Halo was catering to the casuals.

I’ve just taken a look at the numbers and done some calculations.

Current Matchmaking population = 50,623.

Team Throwdown population = 2,129.

That’s just 4.2%.

That’s right, just 4.2% of the population are playing this competitve playlist that was so desperately needed according to so many… the very vocal minority as it appears to have turned out.

Does this basically mean Halo 4 isn’t competitive enough?

Have any competitive players who left now returned to this game since the launch of this playlist?

If not, would they return if a visible 1-50 ranking system was introduced perhaps?

I’ve been playing halo 3 until this playlist. I love it and would not be playing H4 without it. You’re point about the population is a bit silly because while has throwdown has around 2 thousand players, you’ll notice that EVERY playlist but 2 or 3 has around 2000 or 3000 players each. So compared to the rest of them it’s on par.

And yes a visible ranking system would be great

It’s the TU from Reach all over again. They’re listening to the people who have no interest in playing the game, or just trying to push their own agenda. 343i is a new developer and fell for it, developers who have been in the field for a while know exactly how this minority group of people work.

Because of this, 343i have worked hard at trying to please people who can’t be pleased and took time and resources away from more important matters. Like putting back in a local only search option.

> I’ve been playing halo 3 until this playlist. I love it and would not be playing H4 without it. You’re point about the population is a bit silly because while has throwdown has around 2 thousand players, you’ll notice that EVERY playlist but 2 or 3 has around 2000 or 3000 players each. So compared to the rest of them it’s on par.
>
> And yes a visible ranking system would be great

You’re right, it certainly isn’t the lowest, and is on a par with most playlists, but it’s still lower than I expected it would be when it was announced it was going to be launched.

Perhaps Team Snipers & SWAT are drawing in some of the more competitive players? They seem to have 2x and 4x the population of Throwdown so are certainly more popular.

The self-declared “competitive” crowd on this forum will only be satisfied if the next game is just Halo 2 with the “2” crossed off with a marker and replaced by a “5”.

There’s really no point in trying to appease them, to be honest. The people who strut around here declaring how superior they are since they’re part of the “competitive” crowd don’t really deserve it anyway, in my opinion. They’re always so obnoxious and entitled.

I’m starting they can’t be satisfied because that playlist was designed by Halo pros and yet people are still complaining.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> The self-declared “competitive” crowd…

Lol this guy couldn’t sound more of an idiot.

Blue, you maybe drop this thread since the feedback you’re going to get is from social dysfunctional kids that don’t use mics or talk to anyone and attempt to help the team or assist in the objective.

It took use 2+ months to get a competitive playlist, that is actually still garbage and not mostly what pro players wanted. We’re just f’ed in the circumstances.

Edit: Wow my grammar and english fails, my bad. C4nt b3 w0r2e th4n th1s.

>

Still waiting for that “thousand bullets of problems” you promised in that other thread, kid.

I honestly think it was a success. From what I’ve seen here and from my experiences the people that complained are enjoying it. I never expected it to be a huge success, but just for it to be on par or better than MLG population in reach. Which it has done so far

Yeah, 343 not adding Throwdown until 3 months after the games release when thousands of players had already quit has nothing to do with the low playlist population…

The 2286 playing right now are just the people who decided to stick around and hold out for a competitive playlist, not the entire competitive community.

Also, there’s no ranking system at the moment to support the playlist and there won’t be one until April, and it won’t even be in the game.

Stop ignoring things for your own convenience.

> The self-declared “competitive” crowd on this forum will only be satisfied if the next game is just Halo 2 with the “2” crossed off with a marker and replaced by a “5”.
>
> There’s really no point in trying to appease them, to be honest. The people who strut around here declaring how superior they are since they’re part of the “competitive” crowd don’t really deserve it anyway, in my opinion. They’re always so obnoxious and entitled.

Except that Halo 2 was one of the least competitive games with the awful magnetism.

I couldn’t help but laugh at this thread. To start things off you showed how bad this game is actually doing by pointing out that it only has 50k people online (Saves me time explaining how -Yoink- this game is). Now we can move on to the fact that most “competitive” halo players have sopped playing because its to little, to late. Lastly, the people that do stick around (like myself) try so hard to enjoy halo but the game is so boring from a lack of matching against my skill level. After face-rolling 2-3 games in a row in throw-down, it just gets old.

The whole point is, you have to ship the game competitive ready. Look at any top game in the industry today and you will see competitiveness at the highest level being of the utmost concern. This is because when you have a perfect game at the highest level it has a trickle down effect to the most casual of levels. You cant half -Yoink- things 5 months after the release of your game.

If the pros love it -> then the competitive kids love it -> then even with a heap of gimmicks for the casuals it is fun at its core ( I mean why cant there be a social hopper like h3? Infinity settings would be perfect for it). Its a really simple idea that has been proven over and over.

It helped. But in general people will never as a whole be satisfied. Let alone a vocal minority.

If the pros love it -> then the competitive kids love it -> then even with a heap of gimmicks for the casuals it is fun at its core ( I mean why cant there be a social hopper like h3? Infinity settings would be perfect for it). Its a really simple idea that has been proven over and over.

Why the attempt at segregation? Is so much of your self worth tied into a video that you feel the need to create such rather black-and-white view of a game. This community with its class-based segregation is astonishing. How quickly you rally to view points that mirror your own in a vain attempt to gain some sort of power and prestige with your perceived position on an internet forum.

Give me Bungies internal data points between Halo 3/CoD:MW, Reach/CoD:MW3, Halo 4/CoD:BO2 and other other competitive media that exists not just on the XBox but with the PS3. Then chart out playability and likability daily for the first 30 days, then after that weekly/monthly/yearly. Put that side by side with 343i data points on their own surveys.

Give me empirical evidence that cannot be disputed and then I will concur that 343i didn’t do as good of job as Bungie but that won’t detract from me liking it any less.

> If the pros love it -> then the competitive kids love it -> then even with a heap of gimmicks for the casuals it is fun at its core ( I mean why cant there be a social hopper like h3? Infinity settings would be perfect for it). Its a really simple idea that has been proven over and over.
>
>
> Why the attempt at segregation? Is so much of your self worth tied into a video that you feel the need to create such rather black-and-white view of a game. This community with its class-based segregation is astonishing. How quickly you rally to view points that mirror your own in a vain attempt to gain some sort of power and prestige with your perceived position on an internet forum.
>
> Give me Bungies internal data points between Halo 3/CoD:MW, Reach/CoD:MW3, Halo 4/CoD:BO2 and other other competitive media that exists not just on the XBox but with the PS3. Then chart out playability and likability daily for the first 30 days, then after that weekly/monthly/yearly. Put that side by side with 343i data points on their own surveys.
>
> Give me empirical evidence that cannot be disputed and then I will concur that 343i didn’t do as good of job as Bungie but that won’t detract from me liking it any less.

All i want is to play people of my skill level in a playlist that doesnt have all the casual gimmicks. THATS IT! NOTHING MORE! Heck, make me do a button combo of , X, X, Y, X, RB, LB to even get to the playlist. I dont give two -Yoink-! Segregate me as much as you want. You know why? because i enjoy halo that much and it sickens me to look at what it has become.

> All i want is to play people of my skill level in a playlist that doesnt have all the casual gimmicks. THATS IT! NOTHING MORE! Heck, make me do a button combo of , X, X, Y, X, RB, LB to even get to the playlist. I dont give two Yoink!! Segregate me as much as you want. You know why? because i enjoy halo that much and it sickens me to look at what it has become.

Gimmicks? So you have a business model showing that these are not valid data points that can make a successful game? What are the current trends in the wider market that can support these kind of games. Do you know the amount of time it took for that business model to be laid out? How much research was done in the gaming market. So many mind boggling hours worth of work.

I worked in the insurance field for many many years. When companies wanted to change their products it took 1 year of seeing if it was possible. 1 year of testing in limited regions. 1 year to make any changes from feedback. 3 years to change. It was mind boggling to me that the customer base there was surprised about “sudden” changes to their health care. It took 3 freaking years to do it.

In business you do not go against market trends if you expect to remain a profitable company.

> > All i want is to play people of my skill level in a playlist that doesnt have all the casual gimmicks. THATS IT! NOTHING MORE! Heck, make me do a button combo of , X, X, Y, X, RB, LB to even get to the playlist. I dont give two Yoink!! Segregate me as much as you want. You know why? because i enjoy halo that much and it sickens me to look at what it has become.
>
> Gimmicks? So you have a business model showing that these are not valid data points that can make a successful game? What are the current trends in the wider market that can support these kind of games. Do you know the amount of time it took for that business model to be laid out? How much research was done in the gaming market. So many mind boggling hours worth of work.
>
> I worked in the insurance field for many many years. When companies wanted to change their products it took 1 year of seeing if it was possible. 1 year of testing in limited regions. 1 year to make any changes from feedback. 3 years to change. It was mind boggling to me that the customer base there was surprised about “sudden” changes to their health care. It took 3 freaking years to do it.
>
> In business you do not go against market trends if you expect to remain a profitable company.

I don’t need a business model to know the gimmicks didn’t work. Just look at the population… lol. If I want to play CoD I will play CoD if I want to play Halo I have to play H3. They should have known from the failure of reach which direction to go in.

The problem is throwdown is still full of the bs like the rest of this game, they need a classic playlist, without some sort of 343 spin on it. 343 are obviously out of touch with the community and continue down the same path as the population dwindles.

> It’s the TU from Reach all over again. They’re listening to the people who have no interest in playing the game, or just trying to push their own agenda. 343i is a new developer and fell for it, developers who have been in the field for a while know exactly how this minority group of people work.
>
> Because of this, 343i have worked hard at trying to please people who can’t be pleased and took time and resources away from more important matters. Like putting back in a local only search option.

They waited to long to please those people.

Now all they have to do is add in a classic playlist

> I don’t need a business model to know the gimmicks didn’t work. Just look at the population… lol. If I want to play CoD I will play CoD if I want to play Halo I have to play H3. They should have known from the failure of reach which direction to go in.
>
> The problem is throwdown is still full of the bs like the rest of this game, they need a classic playlist, without some sort of 343 spin on it. 343 are obviously out of touch with the community and continue down the same path as the population dwindles.

Out of touch with the community or is the vocal minority out of touch with reality? Again “Facts” without data is just hot air and conjecture. Until you prove with empirical evidence that the game has failed then you have no basis to stand on. And your “Facts” are merely just opinions (which you are entitled to) but again have no basis in reality.