Competitive players are a dying race.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from attacking other members.

because halo and COD can be advertised more easily in this “new” generation, the reach of M rated games stretches further than adults that have interest in in.

COD is the best example, you see ads for it everywhere, in turn kids are given COD as a birthday/christmas gift and they dont care if they win or lose because they dont have a great interest in the game.

BTW, competitive players are no where near dead, in fact the spike in population has caused a growth in good kids, maybe not percentage wise but reach and H3 definitely had more try hards than halo 2 ever did, even in the days of clans and 1-50s.

I find it sad that you find gamers who aren’t “competitive” as inferior; or as you put it a “derp race”.

The only thing I find “derp” about this is your thought process. Stereotyping an entire group of people, just because they don’t see a video game the same way you perceive it, is blind and ignorant.

> because halo and COD can be advertised more easily in this “new” generation, the reach of M rated games stretches further than adults that have interest in in.
>
> COD is the best example, you see ads for it everywhere, in turn kids are given COD as a birthday/christmas gift and they dont care if they win or lose because they dont have a great interest in the game.
>
> BTW, competitive players are no where near dead, in fact the spike in population has caused a growth in good kids, maybe not percentage wise but reach and H3 definitely had more try hards than halo 2 ever did, even in the days of clans and 1-50s.

This and TRUE

Just about all players are competitive to some degree. Most do not make the obnoxious claim that the others aren’t competitive.

Lets keep the angry/aggressive players over in COD and weal keep the happier gamers here in Halo, Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.

PeacE
ShadEO9

Good. They deserved to die when the arcade scene died. Arcades and high scores had the purest form of competition and skill. Now it gets bogged down with altered game variants and maps and k/d and w/l and all this crap. The concept of gaming competition is bloated and need to be cut away. You had your time, now let gaming evolve into the entertainment media it was supposed to be.

> Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
>
>
> PeacE
> ShadEO9

Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.

> > Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
> >
> >
> > PeacE
> > ShadEO9
>
> Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.

Not being good at the game isn’t the same as playing to lose though.

> Though for some of the more hardcore competitive players, there is truly only one playlist for them, and even that isn’t perfect. For it lacks a ranking system.

Thanked the OP for this. Competitive Reach is dead without a good ranking system.

> > > Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
> > >
> > >
> > > PeacE
> > > ShadEO9
> >
> > Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.
>
> Not being good at the game isn’t the same as playing to lose though.

Yeah, because I said that.

What I’m trying to say is that a lot of people don’t care about win/loss anymore. You still get your cR for losing and going -40.

> > Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
> >
> >
> > PeacE
> > ShadEO9
>
> Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.

mhm, i’m going to have to disagree slightly, yes a lot of players do play for Cr to get that next piece of armour or want that next rank but a lot of players also decide to quit the game if they are loosing, honestly, it is hard for me to go a game where i’m winning without most of the other team quitting out and it can’t be because they have to go do some things because this happens to frequently.

honestly, i think the majority of gamers are actually competitive, if they weren’t then there wouldn’t be such an abundance of quitting, though, just because they are competitive doesn’t mean they are hardcore, a competitive player could also be a casual

> > > Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
> > >
> > >
> > > PeacE
> > > ShadEO9
> >
> > Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.
>
> mhm, i’m going to have to disagree slightly, yes a lot of players do play for Cr to get that next piece of armour or want that next rank but a lot of players also decide to quit the game if they are loosing,

People don’t quit out because they’re losing, they quit out because they’re dying so much and it’s hurting their precious K/D ratio.

Honestly there’s no incentive to care about winning MM games any more…

> > > > Besides, We all have a competitive steak inside of us, I don’t feel anyone plays to lose.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > PeacE
> > > > ShadEO9
> > >
> > > Disagree. A lot of people in Reach are so bad they don’t care if they win or lose. All they care about is getting that cR for finishing a match.
> >
> > mhm, i’m going to have to disagree slightly, yes a lot of players do play for Cr to get that next piece of armour or want that next rank but a lot of players also decide to quit the game if they are loosing,
>
> People don’t quit out because they’re losing, they quit out because they’re dying so much and it’s hurting their precious K/D ratio.
>
> Honestly there’s no incentive to care about winning MM games any more…

and if they are caring about there stats then they are competitive because they want there stats to look good to try and prove something to there friends or fight over who is better using stats as evidence.

> > >
> > >
> > > PeacE
> > > ShadEO9
> >
>
> Not being good at the game isn’t the same as playing to lose though.

I care about having FUN. It’s a VIDEO GAME. Not the Grand Prix. There’s no cash prize, no buxom blondes and no weekend stay at a fancy resort.

You want competitive stuff? Go sign up for them. A standard matchmade online game is for FUN first and foremost. EVERYBODY paid to play, EVERYBODY gets their share of the game.

There are plenty of MLG, Tournaments and Events for you to participate in. You could even win stuff!

Online gaming is for everyone that pays to play. You don’t have to like it and you also don’t have to play.

The Arena is where the competitive players are. We are not a dying breed. I can only assume The Arena is where most of Halo 3’s competitive community has gone because I see a lot of Halo 3’s tactics (like strafing) being deployed in The Arena and not anywhere else. If you are looking for a challenge than I suggest this is the hopper you play in.

Also, we do get ranked in the Arena. Your score is a reflection of how good of a player you are. Is your average score around 1400? Than you are not proficient enough to really be considered “competitive”. Scores of 1550+ are what I consider to be high ranks and therefore I need to watch out for these players.

Discussion is allowed, but targeting a group and labeling them something insulting just because of their preference is not the way to go about it. Thread locked.