Competitive Multiplayer.

Is there any news on Halo 4 competitive modes?

I really hope they’re similar to Halo 3

Everything they’ve shown is competitive. So they say. Just wait to play the game. Elumnite, an mlg pro, said that the game is amazing and plays very smoothly. He was at 343i helping to create the strategy guide for the game.

I bet they all said arena was good to when it came out, but that was just garbage.

Competitive is a mind set. You can make anything competitive. Even MLG is not the “ultimate form of competition” and there are multiple ways you can make Halo competitive, even if it’s not following their lead.

Even this game was highly competitive.

Yes, You can be a major pimple and use social slayer as your competitive, but for the real competitive people like me and my mates we want a number next to our name and something to show for it.

And if we have another arena style, then there is really nothing to play for, apart from fun, and fun gets boring after 3 weeks and 4 days.

> Yes, You can be a major pimple and use social slayer as your competitive, but for the real competitive people like me and my mates we want a number next to our name and something to show for it.
>
> And if we have another arena style, then there is really nothing to play for, apart from fun, and fun gets boring after 3 weeks and 4 days.

What? Major pimple? Is that like, an insult now?

“Competition” to you is nothing but a number and to show it off?

and, how the hell can “fun” be boring? That one doesn’t make sense. It’s like, the opposite of boring, and now you’re saying that enjoyment is boring? Sounds so emo too.

> > Yes, You can be a major pimple and use social slayer as your competitive, but for the real competitive people like me and my mates we want a number next to our name and something to show for it.
> >
> > And if we have another arena style, then there is really nothing to play for, apart from fun, and fun gets boring after 3 weeks and 4 days.
>
> What? Major pimple? Is that like, an insult now?
>
> “Competition” to you is nothing but a number and to show it off?
>
> and, how the hell can “fun” be boring? That one doesn’t make sense. It’s like, the opposite of boring, and now you’re saying that enjoyment is boring? Sounds so emo too.

“Playing for fun” in the sense of being bad on purpose, and not even trying to improve. That bores a lot of people.

> > Yes, You can be a major pimple and use social slayer as your competitive, but for the real competitive people like me and my mates we want a number next to our name and something to show for it.
> >
> > And if we have another arena style, then there is really nothing to play for, apart from fun, and fun gets boring after 3 weeks and 4 days.
>
> What? Major pimple? Is that like, an insult now?
>
> “Competition” to you is nothing but a number and to show it off?
>
> and, how the hell can “fun” be boring? That one doesn’t make sense. It’s like, the opposite of boring, and now you’re saying that enjoyment is boring? Sounds so emo too.

I’m going to have to order you to stop posting in my thread now as you don’t have any further information to help me.

> > > Yes, You can be a major pimple and use social slayer as your competitive, but for the real competitive people like me and my mates we want a number next to our name and something to show for it.
> > >
> > > And if we have another arena style, then there is really nothing to play for, apart from fun, and fun gets boring after 3 weeks and 4 days.
> >
> > What? Major pimple? Is that like, an insult now?
> >
> > “Competition” to you is nothing but a number and to show it off?
> >
> > and, how the hell can “fun” be boring? That one doesn’t make sense. It’s like, the opposite of boring, and now you’re saying that enjoyment is boring? Sounds so emo too.
>
> “Playing for fun” in the sense of being bad on purpose, and not even trying to improve. That bores a lot of people.

People play for fun, and not try to improve? Wow hah.

Anyway lets not forget a lot of people play to be better then the other person and want somethin to show for it.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Competitive is a mind set. You can make anything competitive. Even MLG is not the “ultimate form of competition” and there are multiple ways you can make Halo competitive, even if it’s not following their lead.
>
> Even this game was highly competitive.

Competitive is just a mind set he says.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re clearly a casual, and while that isn’t a bad thing, this topic wasn’t directed to you. Move along now.

OP they have said there is something out there for people who enjoy skill-based play. They have also said they are going into detail about it closer to launch. Also, fun can’t be boring.

> OP they have said there is something out there for people who enjoy skill-based play. They have also said they are going into detail about it closer to launch. Also, fun can’t be boring.

Can you get the information released for me now?

> Also, fun can’t be boring.

Mindless “fun” can be. But fun/boring are all subjective, anyway.

Competitive is absolutely a mindset. If there is the desire to be of the winning team, first place, or the higher score (etc, etc,) it is competitive.

Hel, my friends and I have made Left 4 Dead and even Fairytale Fights competitive.

> > OP they have said there is something out there for people who enjoy skill-based play. They have also said they are going into detail about it closer to launch. Also, fun can’t be boring.
>
> Can you get the information released for me now?

I really wish I could.

> > OP they have said there is something out there for people who enjoy skill-based play. They have also said they are going into detail about it closer to launch. Also, fun can’t be boring.
>
> Can you get the information released for me now?

Unfortunately no information outside of them just telling us that there is a ranking system that is not 1-50 or arena is all we know.

> > Also, fun can’t be boring.
>
> Mindless “fun” can be. But fun/boring are all subjective, anyway.

I mean you can have fun to a degree just pwning plumbs, but if you have nothing to show for it in the end it just ends up getting boring. You always come back back to it, but you’ll never just stick at it.

I had this problem with Reach.

There will be a Trueskill ranking system that is not 1-50 or Reach’s arena, but we don’t know much more than that. The two rumors were that 343i was looking at Starcraft’s system to base it on and that your rank may be hidden from players other than you and your friends.

> > > OP they have said there is something out there for people who enjoy skill-based play. They have also said they are going into detail about it closer to launch. Also, fun can’t be boring.
> >
> > Can you get the information released for me now?
>
> Unfortunately no information outside of them just telling us that there is a ranking system that is not 1-50 or arena is all we know.

We all should band together and pull some epic Julian Assange -Yoink-.

#haloleaks

> There will be a Trueskill ranking system that is not 1-50 or Reach’s arena, but we don’t know much more than that. The two rumors were that 343i was looking at Starcraft’s system to base it on and that your rank may be hidden from players other than you and your friends.

I could actually do that. As long as I have some rank to a degree, I’d be happy.

I just don’t want to have to build ranks by nerding it out, that’s -Yoink-.