Competitive multiplayer is better for Halo

Competitive aspects of Halo that have benefited game-play:

-Power weapon/item system encouraging holding of various choke points on maps/advanced strategy

-Single-shot/Burst precision weapon starts

-Even Starts making you’re opponent out-play you with the same tools given/available to you

-Shield system encouraging precision-based battles between players and more tactics than just simply getting superior sightlines on you’re enemy

• Golden triangle system of Gun,grenades,melee encouraging choices of tactics at all times

• Medium movement speeds allow a strategic pace to games, or fast-paced frag fest depending on the strategies and outcomes of each game.

• Clean sight-lines allowing clean gun fights from any angle on the map

• Glitches that rewarded quick reactions and advanced tactics

• Kill times allow for a variety of weapon combos to be utilized

• Sandbox Arena style of game leaves reduces camping and encourages movement

-Map knowledge of weapons and trick jumps/grenade placements essential to competitive play

-Aim assist is lower than most console shooters except H2 which was the first online Halo game.

• Premiere title of MLG and largest console e-sport in NA, Spawns multiple communities and a die-hard following of multiplayer Halo players.

Issues that have led to Halo’s multiplayer and competitive demise:

• Assault weapons like AR have forgiving accuracies

• Decreased game-pace making twitch shooting less prevalent

• Sub-sequential gimmicks such as AL and camo added to later titles

• Aim assist is higher on some weapons

• Uneven starts caused by AA’s in HR and soon to be H4 by various game systems

• Button glitches removed in later titles due to social community outcry

• Strafing and movement have become nerfed and more sluggish

• Weapon switching/general player actions take longer than previous titles to encourage a slower Halo game

• Precision weapons nerfed to be inaccurate and unreliable by mechanics such as BR random bullet spread and random DMR Bloom

-1-50 Ranking system removed, unpopular Arena playlist replaces it and is only 1 playlist

-Concepts such as map control, spawn trapping/prediction, power weapon grenading/dirtying become less important as game mechanics are changed and new ones are added.

• Sprint allows bad decision making and poor map movement even at the highest levels, taking away the strategic map movement that was essential to competitive Halo.

-Slowed kill-times and lack of individual skill impacting weapons makes coordinated strategies cross-map as seen in 2v2 Halo CE absolute, bunching together and “Bait and switch” tactics become dominant game-play tactics.

• 1v2’s become less prevalent with slowed kill times and randomized precision weapons

-Power weapons are taken off fixed timers, drop when player swaps them out encouraging camping

-Lack of a utility weapon encourages blind map movement without punishment, rampant power weapon -Yoink!-, and renders team-shot cross-map ineffective forcing teams to travel and shoot together

-MLG Halo scene dies down due to lack of fan/developer support, TU is implemented which sparks renewed interest but too little to late.

You see making a competitive Halo 4 will result in better gameplay across the board like the Halo trilogy. Should you choose to listen to our complaints and remedy these issues you will have a better Halo game overall and a happier and larger community. Should you not, Halo will never be the power-house it once was multiplayer wise, and the game will continue to deteriorate due to decrease in quality of the gameplay.

The community has voiced these issues for years and most of them have gone unheard, you have a chance with H4 to return Halo to its multiplayer glory and these are the issues you need to remedy if you are to unite the community.

great post, I agree - Halo strives off competitiveness while games like Call of Duty strive off it’s casualness.

Stick to it’s roots 343i! Keep Halo competitive!! (hint hint: RANKS)

> great post, I agree - Halo strives off competitiveness while games like Call of Duty strive off it’s casualness.
>
> Stick to it’s roots 343i! Keep Halo competitive!! (hint hint: RANKS)

Its not even keep Halo competitive, its keep Halo a good multiplayer shooter with its own identity. Nobody can tell me that Halo Reach feels “natural” as a Halo game after playing the masterpieces of multiplayer shooters that came before it. Halo Reach doesnt “feel” right, because the mechanics do not fit together and create a logical and competitive experience. The more Halo gets away from the competitive and balanced basis it was built on, the more it will degrade in quality as a shooter. Taking depth and balance away from a game has never helped any videogame in history.

Besides Halo games are made to last years until the next one, casual players will never support Halo like core fans will. H2 was not played as long as it was because of gimmicks, it was played because people wanted to compete against each other and had tons of fun in customs.

I agree with almost everything.

Anything “game-breaking” should not be in the game. I’m talking BXR and super jumps.
If I wanted button combos I’d throw in my MK9 disk. You’re trying to talk about a competitive FPS, not tournament Street Fighter.
Super Jumps break the map. Period. You weren’t meant to get that heighth advantage and you shouldn’t. Have you seen how terrible Spire plays?

Idk about a “utility weapon.” if you’re talking about a basic weapon good for most encounters, then we have one in Reach with the BR and DMR. If the pistol took one less shot to kill, I’d add that too. If you’re looking for one gun to rule them all, then it’s a terrible idea. Halo needs a better sandbox. Something closer to CE or the Reach Beta where you could rely on your DMR, but I had success with guns like the repeater, plasma pistol, and Jesus Cannon. I don’t want to use one gun, and it’s not fun getting killed by one gun. Variety is the spice of life.

> Competitive aspects of Halo that have benefited game-play:
>
> -Power weapon/item system encouraging holding of various choke points on maps/advanced strategy
>
> -Single-shot/Burst precision weapon starts
>
> -Even Starts making you’re opponent out-play you with the same tools given/available to you
>
> -Shield system encouraging precision-based battles between players and more tactics than just simply getting superior sightlines on you’re enemy
>
> - Golden triangle system of Gun,grenades,melee encouraging choices of tactics at all times
>
> - Medium movement speeds allow a strategic pace to games, or fast-paced frag fest depending on the strategies and outcomes of each game.
>
> - Clean sight-lines allowing clean gun fights from any angle on the map
>
> - Glitches that rewarded quick reactions and advanced tactics
>
> - Kill times allow for a variety of weapon combos to be utilized
>
> - Sandbox Arena style of game leaves reduces camping and encourages movement
>
> -Map knowledge of weapons and trick jumps/grenade placements essential to competitive play
>
> -Aim assist is lower than most console shooters except H2 which was the first online Halo game.
>
> - Premiere title of MLG and largest console e-sport in NA, Spawns multiple communities and a die-hard following of multiplayer Halo players.
>
>
> Issues that have led to Halo’s multiplayer and competitive demise:
>
> - Assault weapons like AR have forgiving accuracies
>
> - Decreased game-pace making twitch shooting less prevalent
>
> - Sub-sequential gimmicks such as AL and camo added to later titles
>
> - Aim assist is higher on some weapons
>
> - Uneven starts caused by AA’s in HR and soon to be H4 by various game systems
>
> - Button glitches removed in later titles due to social community outcry
>
> - Strafing and movement have become nerfed and more sluggish
>
> - Weapon switching/general player actions take longer than previous titles to encourage a slower Halo game
>
> - Precision weapons nerfed to be inaccurate and unreliable by mechanics such as BR random bullet spread and random DMR Bloom
>
> -1-50 Ranking system removed, unpopular Arena playlist replaces it and is only 1 playlist
>
> -Concepts such as map control, spawn trapping/prediction, power weapon grenading/dirtying become less important as game mechanics are changed and new ones are added.
>
> - Sprint allows bad decision making and poor map movement even at the highest levels, taking away the strategic map movement that was essential to competitive Halo.
>
> -Slowed kill-times and lack of individual skill impacting weapons makes coordinated strategies cross-map as seen in 2v2 Halo CE absolute, bunching together and “Bait and switch” tactics become dominant game-play tactics.
>
> - 1v2’s become less prevalent with slowed kill times and randomized precision weapons
>
> -Power weapons are taken off fixed timers, drop when player swaps them out encouraging camping
>
> -Lack of a utility weapon encourages blind map movement without punishment, rampant power weapon -Yoink!-, and renders team-shot cross-map ineffective forcing teams to travel and shoot together
>
> -MLG Halo scene dies down due to lack of fan/developer support, TU is implemented which sparks renewed interest but too little to late.
>
>
> You see making a competitive Halo 4 will result in better gameplay across the board like the Halo trilogy. Should you choose to listen to our complaints and remedy these issues you will have a better Halo game overall and a happier and larger community. Should you not, Halo will never be the power-house it once was multiplayer wise, and the game will continue to deteriorate due to decrease in quality of the gameplay.
>
> The community has voiced these issues for years and most of them have gone unheard, you have a chance with H4 to return Halo to its multiplayer glory and these are the issues you need to remedy if you are to unite the community.

I do agree 100% but keep in mind evey “new” feature 343 is adding, they are making work around competetive play. Give 343 some credit, but yeah I hope Halo 4 is a competetive multiplayer game and if not, the campagin better be spectaculer.

Wouldn’t it be better worded as …

> Aspects of Halo that have benefited competitive game-play:

Most, if not all of those things you listed as being beneficial were in CE loooooooooong before MLG got a hold of it. As we all (hopefully) should know, there’d be no MLG without Halo, Halo, would have been just fine without MLG.

> I agree with almost everything.
>
> Anything “game-breaking” should not be in the game. I’m talking BXR and super jumps.
> If I wanted button combos I’d throw in my MK9 disk. You’re trying to talk about a competitive FPS, not tournament Street Fighter.
> Super Jumps break the map. Period. You weren’t meant to get that heighth advantage and you shouldn’t. Have you seen how terrible Spire plays?

Button combos such as quick reload,backpack reloading, and even BxR were natural extensions of Halo mechanics and added tactics and depth to the game. Double-shot and Quad-shot in H2 were suspect, but there is no reason to throw out every “glitch” if it benefits gameplay. To add to that, Grenading power weapons/power-ups should also be allowed again as well as Grenade jumping and Sword cancelling. Even though the developer did not necessarily intend these things to happen, they without a doubt made the game more fun and interesting.

> Idk about a “utility weapon.” if you’re talking about a basic weapon good for most encounters, then we have one in Reach with the BR and DMR. If the pistol took one less shot to kill, I’d add that too. If you’re looking for one gun to rule them all, then it’s a terrible idea. Halo needs a better sandbox. Something closer to CE or the Reach Beta where you could rely on your DMR, but I had success with guns like the repeater, plasma pistol, and Jesus Cannon. I don’t want to use one gun, and it’s not fun getting killed by one gun. Variety is the spice of life.

Its not one gun to rule them all, utility weapons are common in lots of FPS games and have highly benefited strategy and team-play in Halo. You simply cannot have flexible and varying strategies with an AR like you can with a BR, you are unable to work as an individual player and defend yourself at all distances. Halo needs a utility weapon to balance teams off spawn, but it also needs a better and more lethal Sandbox overall to encourage use of all weapons. I heard that the PP and AR are better in H4 than Reach, so that is a good start.

> Wouldn’t it be better worded as …
>
>
>
> > Aspects of Halo that have benefited competitive game-play:
>
> Most, if not all of those things you listed as being beneficial were in CE loooooooooong before MLG got a hold of it. As we all (hopefully) should know, there’d be no MLG without Halo, Halo, would have been just fine without MLG.

Competitive game-play benefits all players as a competitive game is a more balanced,skilled, and deep game than you would have if you’re trying to create Pokemon or whatever. Would Tennis be more fun if players used larger rackets or the net was lowered? No, it would make Tennis a really stupid game. Would Basketball be more fun if the hoops were lowered so Mini-me could dunk on them? No, it would make it mindless mush nobody would play seriously and want to compete with other people in. Hence what has happened with Reach.

For pvp is by nature a competition between players and that is what multiplayer is a pvp environment. Competitive rules and gameplay would best accentuate a competitive environment, especially in a game so based off balance,flow, and competitive values such as Halo.

As for MLG, its doing great without having Halo as the premiere title. While Halo being degraded as a competitive game has only hurt it and will continue to hurt it until the developers/publishers realize Halo is a different beast than most games and needs to be developed differently than you would a CoD(HUGE differences in every aspect of gameplay). Some of the new features in H4, contradict the very basis of Halo as a Sandbox shooter and what it has stood for in the past.

> > I agree with almost everything.
> >
> > Anything “game-breaking” should not be in the game. I’m talking BXR and super jumps.
> > If I wanted button combos I’d throw in my MK9 disk. You’re trying to talk about a competitive FPS, not tournament Street Fighter.
> > Super Jumps break the map. Period. You weren’t meant to get that heighth advantage and you shouldn’t. Have you seen how terrible Spire plays?
>
> Button combos such as quick reload,backpack reloading, and even BxR were natural extensions of Halo mechanics and added tactics and depth to the game. Double-shot and Quad-shot in H2 were suspect, but there is no reason to throw out every “glitch” if it benefits gameplay. To add to that, Grenading power weapons/power-ups should also be allowed again as well as Grenade jumping and Sword cancelling. Even though the developer did not necessarily intend these things to happen, they without a doubt made the game more fun and interesting.
>
>
>
> > Idk about a “utility weapon.” if you’re talking about a basic weapon good for most encounters, then we have one in Reach with the BR and DMR. If the pistol took one less shot to kill, I’d add that too. If you’re looking for one gun to rule them all, then it’s a terrible idea. Halo needs a better sandbox. Something closer to CE or the Reach Beta where you could rely on your DMR, but I had success with guns like the repeater, plasma pistol, and Jesus Cannon. I don’t want to use one gun, and it’s not fun getting killed by one gun. Variety is the spice of life.
>
> Its not one gun to rule them all, utility weapons are common in lots of FPS games and have highly benefited strategy and team-play in Halo. You simply cannot have flexible and varying strategies with an AR like you can with a BR, you are unable to work as an individual player and defend yourself at all distances. Halo needs a utility weapon to balance teams off spawn, but it also needs a better and more lethal Sandbox overall to encourage use of all weapons. I heard that the PP and AR are better in H4 than Reach, so that is a good start.

Glad to see we see eye to eye as far as the “utility” weapon goes. Though I still say we have successfully had one in every game and I feel it may be the one thing 343i is actually enhancing by including both the DMR and BR.

I continue to disagree on button combos. They’re ridiculous and don’t belong in an FPS. Everything you’re talking about is grounded in basic aiming skills and intelligent teamwork-based map movement and control. I do agree things like grenade jump should be in, but that is completely different than super jumping to an unreachable and completely singularly advantageous point of the map. They’re called bugs and glitches for a reason. I wouldn’t consider grenade jumping or sword block glitches.

They should make Halo as easy to play as the first super mario!

> > Wouldn’t it be better worded as …
> >
> >
> >
> > > Aspects of Halo that have benefited competitive game-play:
> >
> > Most, if not all of those things you listed as being beneficial were in CE loooooooooong before MLG got a hold of it. As we all (hopefully) should know, there’d be no MLG without Halo, Halo, would have been just fine without MLG.
>
> Competitive game-play benefits all players as a competitive game is a more balanced,skilled, and deep game than you would have if you’re trying to create Pokemon or whatever. Would Tennis be more fun if players used larger rackets or the net was lowered? No, it would make Tennis a really stupid game. Would Basketball be more fun if the hoops were lowered so Mini-me could dunk on them? No, it would make it mindless mush nobody would play seriously and want to compete with other people in. Hence what has happened with Reach.
>
> For pvp is by nature a competition between players and that is what multiplayer is a pvp environment. Competitive rules and gameplay would best accentuate a competitive environment, especially in a game so based off balance,flow, and competitive values such as Halo.
>
> As for MLG, its doing great without having Halo as the premiere title. While Halo being degraded as a competitive game has only hurt it and will continue to hurt it until the developers/publishers realize Halo is a different beast than most games and needs to be developed differently than you would a CoD(HUGE differences in every aspect of gameplay). Some of the new features in H4, contradict the very basis of Halo as a Sandbox shooter and what it has stood for in the past.

To add to that, competitive play only works if you have a good ranking system that pairs you up with players of common skill. Basketball is a sport that takes skill, but you’re not gonna want to play a game with NBA players all the time if your 5’10. That’s why a ranking system ( a real one, not Arena) is important in Halo.

> > great post, I agree - Halo strives off competitiveness while games like Call of Duty strive off it’s casualness.
> >
> > Stick to it’s roots 343i! Keep Halo competitive!! <mark>(hint hint: RANKS)</mark>
>
> Its not even keep Halo competitive, its keep Halo a good multiplayer shooter with its own identity. Nobody can tell me that Halo Reach feels “natural” as a Halo game after playing the masterpieces of multiplayer shooters that came before it. Halo Reach doesnt “feel” right, because the mechanics do not fit together and create a logical and competitive experience. The more Halo gets away from the competitive and balanced basis it was built on, the more it will degrade in quality as a shooter. Taking depth and balance away from a game has never helped any videogame in history.
>
> Besides Halo games are made to last years until the next one, casual players will never support Halo like core fans will. H2 was not played as long as it was because of gimmicks, it was played because people wanted to compete against each other and had tons of fun in customs.

Games are not competitive, it’s players are.

Reach is more competitive than halo 2 or 3 were.

Competitive does not equal fun to everyone, but 343 seems intent on satisfying most peoples desires.

So did you just copy paste a bunch of crap over from the kids at mlgpro.com or what? I keep seeing the same set of talking points posted almost verbatim over and over again.

Whats your point OP? Do you have one of your own?

> Games are not competitive, it’s players are.
> <mark>Yes kind of / but the game play helps out alot</mark>
>
> <mark>Reach is more competitive than halo 2 or 3 were.</mark>

Your kidding right !!

> Games are not competitive, it’s players are.
>
> Reach is more competitive than halo 2 or 3 were.
>
> Competitive does not equal fun to everyone, but 343 seems intent on satisfying most peoples desires.

This.

For some reason I can not quote on my phone but yes I was being serious. Reach comes the closest to ce in terms of competitiveness. Actual health, abilities (available to everyone on spawn), dmr starts, and the like.

The maps are not as fair but lockout was never symmetrical either.

Note I did not say it was the most fun. Halo 2/3 aim assist is worse than reach as well but you still don’t have to lead shots.

Think of it like this.
There are those who play competitive tennis (a never ending volley of small green balls) and those who knock the -Yoink- out of it so it goes over the fence and the other player has to go “fetch” it.

I hope 343 appeals to both.

But from your list they have said they enjoyed glitches/ exploration. They left them in CEA.

Most of the other points are mute. I want a fun game, however I play competitively.
For me having fun is more important than the game being boring, repetitious but fair.

If everyone has the same capacity to earn/ achieve things everyone else does it can be competitive.

Do you think if the ranking is like reach I’m going to purposely lose in matchmaking? No

Players are competitive, a game is what you make it.

> > Games are not competitive, it’s players are.
> >
> > Reach is more competitive than halo 2 or 3 were.
> >
> > Competitive does not equal fun to everyone, but 343 seems intent on satisfying most peoples desires.
>
> This.

Why? It’s simply incorrect. First of all, some games are simply better suited for competition than others. Some games have deeper mechanics and strategies than others which allow the player to improve their skills better which in turn makes much more interesting in terms of competition when players can hone their skills as much as possible.

As for Reach being more competitive than Halo 2 and 3, it’s plain wrong. In terms of default gameplay, the games of the original trilogy allow for higher levels of indvidual skill and teamwork and therefore better strategies. The individual skill gap in itself is also a significant difference in terms of viability for competition. Reach is the least competitive game out of all Halo games.

Last of all, competitive gameplay equals balance, depth and consistency. All three on the other hand are properties that any player would naturally enjoy. When gameplay is balanced it means fair chances for everyone, players won’t get frustrated from, for example, a higher level player having better abilities. When the gameplay is deep, it allows for the player to learn new things about the gameplay, making their experience deeper and deeper as they play. Last of all, consistency better avoids uncomfortable situations where you lose not because of your incapability, but because of the game. In a game that works consistently, where there is no randomness, it’s better for the player to identify their own mistakes and do something about them. In case there is randomness, the player will feel uncomfortable every time they lose because of the randomness due to being unable to do anything about it.

> For some reason I can not quote on my phone but yes I was being serious. Reach comes the closest to ce in terms of competitiveness. Actual health, abilities (available to everyone on spawn), dmr starts, and the like.
>
> The maps are not as fair but lockout was never symmetrical either.

The health does little in terms of competitiveness. It does give a small element of strategy but there is very little difference in having health or no health. As for armor abilities, they could (some of them) with modifications be perfectly suitable for competitive gameplay as map pick-ups. But a matter of fact is, you can spawn with them and they aren’t designed to work well enough.

Spawning with the abilities brings a lot of problems. First of all, there are clear inconsistencies where another ability benefits the player in one situation but not in other where some other ability would be good. In other words, it takes away from the player’s capabilities without them being able to do anything about it. No irreversible decision made before spawn should affect the gameplay as the player has little way of knowing for sure what will happen (inconsistency). And even if they know what to choose, they will still have inferiority in some other case.

Every player should spawn symmetrically and gain their advantages over other players with the choices they make after spawn. Choices, that are dynamic and can be changed as the game progresses and the player’s awareness of the ongoing events changes. For these reasons, armor abilities off-spawn are a bad idea for the gameplay of Halo, but they would do fine as pick-ups with some modifications.

What comes to the maps, they are not bad because of the asymmetric design. In fact, asymmetric design is often better for Slayer than symmetric design due to the shape of the environment that brings depth and dynamicity to gameplay. The maps don’t work simply because they aren’t well designed. They either have horrible bottle necks (Sworbase top floor), horrible imbalance or horrible movement options. The maps simply lack any kind of depth and movement options which doesn’t allow for fluid gameplay and are therefore bad.

But there are other things that make Reach much less competitive game. First is the tremendous inconsistency in precision weapon combat brought by bloom. Now, I won’t start explaining why bloom is inconsistent as it should be general knowledge by now. But this inconsistency is detrimental to encounters as the player with better aim is not quaranteed to win when a player with worse aim may shoot faster and win because of that.

Another major thing that makes Reach very little competitive aside from inconsistencies is the speed. Everything in the game is slow. The movement acceleration is sluggish, the jumps are pathetic, precision weapons are slow and in general everything functions in a slow manner. Speed is essential to competitive gameplay. Faster possible kill times allow for more individual skill which has a positive effect on teamwork as team shooting isn’t a necessity anymore and more team strategies become viable.

In other words, Reach is far from being good for competitive gameplay and is furthest game from CE in terms of competitiveness. But to be fair, the current MLG settings come pretty close to Halo 3 in terms of competitiveness due to generally faster and better gameplay. I apologize for not answering the whole post but I currently don’t have enough time.

I disagree.

I’ve been playing since the release of ce, while my gamer tag is new I bought it and a 360 for CEA.

Reach is more competitive, consistent etc than its predecessors.

Why?

Reach does not have as much auto aim, aim assist what have you. Remember how easy no scoping snipers were in halo 2?

Reach allows all the players the same oppritunity at spawn for AAs as opposed to someone getting it off spawn.

You have useful weapons at the spawn besides the garbo smg.

Rocket lockon is less than predecessors aside from ce.

Sword lunge is shorter.

Reach is consistent, but overall I became tired of it more quickly than any other halo mainly due to the maps.

The skill gap in reach is different than previous halos.
Halo 2/3 were noobified/ easier to be good at. Check out halo2sucks.com.

So halo 2/3 had moderate, good, and really good players unlike reach and ce where if you suck it shows.

Using the same analogy as above would finding a technicality in the rules (glitch) make me a better tennis player? No.

Halo mechanics are in reach.
If you are good at halo you will be good with armor lock, sprint, jet pack etc.

I have one hand and can’t even hit the left bumper and I’m not complaining of " fairness". Actually ive done quite well.

All halo games have consistent, fluid, fair gameplay. Some more than others but the ranking system, spawn equipment, etc don’t make a game competitive, the players using them or not using them do.

If everyone’s hung up on a ranking system why not keep up with your games won and do it your self.

Don’t get me wrong there are things that would make halo 4 a better game but your ideas of competition are a bit flawed.

Competition does not mean noobified like H2/3. It just means people are playing to win. Which everyone in this thread will be doing regardless on November 6th.

Also 343 never said the perks would make a player better, they said different.

And as far as the AA outrage, personally I use them sparingly but come on everyone has the same ones and most of them are useless.

I don’t understand why one player camping active camo is more competitive than everyone having the ability.
That makes no sense.

Bloom is another issue I don’t get. Play the TU playlist or understand that all halos have bloom. It just is not transmitted to the player.
I have all halos in front of me as we speak aside from halo wars and can say they all have bloom/ spread/ rise.
In 2/3 it’s less noticeable but this makes the game easier.

Have you ever shot a real gun? You should expect bloom/ recoil or the like. In reach less is left to chance.

If you base skill / competition on trigger spamming, aim assistance and being easy them H2 / 3 is the right route.

Faster kill times just means easier and brings back power weapons dominating a map.

Again games are simply not competitive by themselves.

Game market doesn’t want “competitiveness” (although the way you’re using is only an opinion and has no fact). People want games to play for fun these days and from what they’ve told us Halo 4 will be fun.

No unnecessary hassles like stupid ranking systems or practicing just to play a team slayer game and win.