Compensation: Lack of service (Server Issues)

Hello all,

When you purchase a product, if said product isnt to the high standards you expect it to be then the consumer should be entitled to a refund.

According to the back of my Halo 4 case this game features Xbox Live with Online Multiplayer… For the past week i havent been able to play online despite this game making record breaking sales for the series. Meaning alot of people made alot of money from this game, while alot of consumers arent even able to play the game online. The campaign on H4 is awesome, but i didnt buy it for the campaign, i bought it because the Halo series has some of the best competetive multiplayer gaming experiences to date on a console.

Am i the only one who feels ripped off? 343 state they are looking into the issue. Message to 343: Please fire the staff who are ‘fixing’ the problem, zero progress had been made and we arent being updated on anything on the matter.

There is already a thread on here with regards to the problem, 343 have stated they wish users to supply their details so the problem can be looked into. Please inform us exactly what you need this infomation for? The issue has nothing to do with the players it is soley down to your servers. There are no trends what so ever with the details being supplied.

You have let a large chunk of your fanbase down. Are consumers experiencing problems going to get any form of compensation from you?
Or do your priorities lie with the new map packs you are releasing so that you can fill up your bank accounts that little bit more?

Your fileshare feature still isnt working. Any news on this?
What did you do to Forge? how could you justify hiring a separate company to create forge when all they did was copy over the same bits and pieces from Reach? There are absolutly no new blocks or structures to use. Forge on Reach was fresh with lots of possiblities. Everything you can do on Halo 4 is exactly the same as Reach only it looks nicer. (Apart from Magnets & Traits)

Cheers

I would rather have some rare armor like fotus, locus, or deadeye personally.

No, these things happen, 343 will fix it soon

No.

-Yoink- happens

Also law states that they don’t have to provide services after release nor patches.

They can stop all services right now and there is nothing we could do about it.

Hopefully if 343 realise that we do want something back and we put abit more pressure on them they will get themselves into gear…

I remember the days on Halo 2 where map packs were cheap and were given out for free after only a couple of months. Now maps packs cost half the price of the game… Maybe cost reduced map packs all round due to us not being able to play anything online at all?

Personally i havent been able to play for 4 days now. How much longer will we be without servers before moving to other games… Apparently theres this game called BlackOps 2, its supposed to be ok. It features online gameplay apparently.

Hell yes I expect compensation. I don’t want compensation because of the technical problem itself. I want compensation because of the poor customer service. If you go to a hotel and there is a dead rat in your room you would want it taken care of right away. If the manager came right down and apologized you might not be as pissed off if say the manager ignored your calls for 5 days. I would like to point out that while I realize these things happen, I cant help but feel that if they had a beta they may have found problems like this before the game launched.

It`s as if no one here has played an EA game upon release. These things happen guys, just let it go.

> No.
>
> Yoink! happens
>
> Also law states that they don’t have to provide services after release nor patches.
>
> They can stop all services right now and there is nothing we could do about it.

True. However if they follow that idea they will have a lot of pissed of people on their hands.

I haven’t had many server issues at all. I don’t really see the problem here.

> I haven’t had many server issues at all. I don’t really see the problem here.

Not having a problem doesn’t mean also others can’t have it. personally never happened that I couldn’t access the mp, but the lag ruined anyway many of my games.

> No.
>
> Yoink! happens
>
> Also law states that they don’t have to provide services after release nor patches.
>
> They can stop all services right now and there is nothing we could do about it.

They can do that yes, but they need our money to keep afloat. We are there life blood and they want to do everything they can to keep us as customers.

Personally i think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yes I do think we deserve the other 50% of our game that we paid for but I for one don’t think that anyone needs compensation and proving to 343 that we’re all whiny B****'s doesn’t help the process at all

I am a bit competitive in this game though I´m not aming for the top :). But I think all people who were stuck in the backup server had a disadvantage over the ones on the main server as we could not accomplish any challenges and did not get as many credits as the other do. And this happened for almost 5 to 6 days now.

But I really do not want to complain much, I just want to play again with my account that´s all.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

xbox is not liable for undesireable network issue, it’s in the ToS

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Hell yes I expect compensation. I don’t want compensation because of the technical problem itself. I want compensation because of the poor customer service. If you go to a hotel and there is a dead rat in your room you would want it taken care of right away. If the manager came right down and apologized you might not be as pissed off if say the manager ignored your calls for 5 days. I would like to point out that while I realize these things happen, I cant help but feel that if they had a beta they may have found problems like this before the game launched.

HOLY SH*T, THERE WAS A BETA…IT WAS NOT PUBLIC

I feel more than ripped off.

Here is another great example of negative feedback for 343. That’s all you have been getting ! and until its fixed i think the complaints will decrease because no will be playing anymore. It took two weeks for people to wake up.

I will sign this.
And like I have stated in the “Cannot connect to server thread”. I by no means say we are entitled to any sort of compensation.
I do however though, think there should be something. whether it be Armor,bonus xp,double xp for a week etc…
All of those would be awesome, but I’m not going to get my hopes up on any kind of compensation.
Happy gaming
~Fa113n

These things happen, however I will concede that it really should have been better prepared for.

No we don’t need compensation. The servers are probably down to run maintenance on them to reduce the lag and attempt to mitigate some of the server issues people are having.

It says if there is a LACK of service.

Which means if there is something wrong/lacking in the game itself.

Not the servers. That’s a totally different thing.

Servers can go up and down, OP you think you are simply entitled to a compensation because Halo 4s servers are in a bad shape and elements from Reach were copied?

WTF!

You are certainly greedy.

I hope 343s fixes aren’t gonna help you out in anyway. I may be an a** when saying this, but i have had it with you greedy children. Simple out of control, you want a perfect game? One which has no problems because it is build upon the rocks of previous games?

Go. Buy. Call of duty.

You won’t find anything lacking there.

Freaking…