Compass

One of the major things I want in Halo 4, is the compass at the top of the screen like in Reach. I use it a lot for team coordination. It’s so much easier than saying right or left. I was disappointed to see the lack of a compass on the top of the screen on the gameplay videos that I’ve seen. What do you guys think about the compass?

Those of you in clans or communities may agree with me. If you’re trying to give directions, or point out hazards on the map, the compass is very useful. “sniper on west cliff” is much better than “sniper on the right cliff” Who’s right? My right? Your right? Right of the base? The compass makes it much easier, and much more definite. I need the compass there so those unfamiliar with the position of the map can easily find where I’m talking about.

I really hope those at 343i acknowledge my concern, and will consider adding it back in.

I think at this point it’s a bit late to add anything in, but maybe it’ll make an appearance in H5

Too late to add that in surely? the game has probably gone gold… or if it hasn’t it will very soon.

Oh, it’s definitely late in production. But it can’t take too long to add a compass in. If 343 thought they should add it in, I’m sure they could. It’s still in beta stage. They could still do whatever they want. But if they will, that’s a different story.

Doesn’t the AR still have compass on it.

Do you carry an AR wherever you go?

You could use the old clock direction system or call out locations or something…but I hear ya

The compass just makes everything so much easier. I’d love to see it make a return in H4

Next time you watch a Halo 4 gameplay clip (PAX build), you may just want to avert your eyes to the radar.

I agree, I love the compass and use it myself all the time to say"sniper in the north west corner."

> Next time you watch a Halo 4 gameplay clip (PAX build), you may just want to avert your eyes to the radar.

You want him to look away from it?

I’ve tried using those directions before but they weren’t very good in my experience. I did like the immersion they brought.

> I think at this point it’s a bit late to add anything in, but maybe it’ll make an appearance in H5

Late to add…

Wait, there’s no compass in Halo 4’s HUD? Why in blazes would they drop that feature?!