Comparison: Halo 4 & Star Wars

Now I know that there’s a “Star Wars VS Halo” topic out there.
And this thread should not be taken offensively as some sort of court trial.
But being a humorist for parodies, I can’t help but scrape the bottom of the bowl for these ‘remarkably’ similar details that Halo 4’s story line had in common with Star Wars’. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

1. Lethal Glowing Blades that expand at the press of a finger

2. Diabolical main villain has one messed-up face, wears (somewhat) cool body armor, and has the ability to squeeze the living daylights out of people by just gesturing towards them.

3. That same villain commandeers an extremely powerful super weapon, that also passes for a space craft/station,which has the capability to annihilate thousands with a ‘death ray’. Which is eventually blown to smithereens from the inside.

4. Holograms of (hot) ladies asking for the main character’s help, because that person is their only hope.

I find it fun doing things like this. Perhaps I should become a lawyer. :slight_smile:

The villain gets shoo’d away from the huge ship and survives the explosion.

The main characters both go through extreme changes to their personality.

There’s a secret good inside both of the villains.

There are some similarities but some you mentioned aren’t the bet I think.

Trench run.

> 2) Diabolical main villain has one messed-up face, wears (somewhat) cool body armor, and has the ability to squeeze the living daylights out of people by just gesturing towards them.

Nitpick: I’m sorry, I don’t remember Darth Vader being able to levitate. Nor be able to teleport around.

> The villain gets shoo’d away from the huge ship and survives the explosion.

AFAIK Vader died in the DSII explosion.

> There’s a secret good inside both of the villains.

How is there a ‘secret good’ inside of the Ur-Didact, exactly? That particular Forerunner is completely guano-grade insane. He hates humanity, considers the Covenant species to be little more than ‘beasts’, and is completely at odds with the remaining Forerunner population (which is probably located somewhere in Path Kethona).

> AFAIK Vader died in the DSII explosion.

He’s referring to the first film where the DSI explodes and Vader gets away in a fighter.

> How is there a ‘secret good’ inside of the Ur-Didact, exactly?

This is probably just a fan theory.

> Nitpick: I’m sorry, I don’t remember Darth Vader being able to levitate. Nor be able to teleport around.

Well, I don’t think I could be able to levitate either if all my limbs were mechanical. As for teleportation…budget cuts within the Empire. Blew all the cash on making massive space stations that kill everything.

> How is there a ‘secret good’ inside the Ur-Didact, exactly?

The Didact’s intentions are good.

He created the Prometheans because he was opposed to the Halos. Killing everything in the galaxy shattered his beliefs and personal code. The Composer was first used on his own warriors, his own friends. He only went to Humans as a last resort, and only because memories of the Human-Forerunner War were blinding him as a result of his Gravemind-induced insanity. Humans killed all of his children. The Forerunners forced him into exile, and when he returned he was cast out to a Flood infested region to die. His wife sided with Humans and then shot him. And then he spent 100,000 years only thinking about the pain and loss Humanity has caused him.

The story of the Didact is one of tragedy.

His intentions are to stop the Flood. He believes, and he is kind of justified, that Humans aren’t meant to protect others. That they’re quick to greed and anger and war. His immediate reaction to seeing John is finishing his mission to contain the most dangerous threat in the galaxy at that time, and use them to create a Promethean army that can do the real protecting.

This seems like fun, let me give it a shot:

[/li]- Tragic story of a great hero who becomes a villain, & turns against not only “the good guys” but his own wife as well (Didact/Vader).

• A galactic conflict between the “lawful government” (UNSC/Republic) & a faction of planets that wish to secede from that government’s control (Insurrectionists/CIS).

• “Gifted” children taken from their homes & families & trained to become badass warriors who can “perform feats no ordinary human can” and who safeguard peace & justice in the Galaxy (Spartan II/Jedi Order). Later generations of these warriors however are not taken as children & even adults are allowed to join (Spartan IV/New Jedi Order).

• Both sides of a conflict (Clone Wars/Sangheli Civil War) secretly being manipulated by an evil mastermind behind the scenes(Palpatine/Parangosky).

• A prophesy that was misread? (The Chosen One/The Great Journey)

> This seems like fun, let me give it a shot:
>
>
> [/li]- Tragic story of a great hero who becomes a villain, & turns against not only “the good guys” but his own wife as well (Didact/Vader).
>
> - A galactic conflict between the “lawful government” (UNSC/Republic) & a faction of planets that wish to secede from that government’s control (Insurrectionists/CIS).
>
> - “Gifted” children taken from their homes & families & trained to become badass warriors who can “perform feats no ordinary human can” and who safeguard peace & justice in the Galaxy (Spartan II/Jedi Order). Later generations of these warriors however are not taken as children & even adults are allowed to join (Spartan IV/New Jedi Order).
>
> - Both sides of a conflict (Clone Wars/Sangheli Civil War) secretly being manipulated by an evil mastermind behind the scenes(Palpatine/Parangosky).
>
> - A prophesy that was misread? (The Chosen One/The Great Journey)

I’d say some words you use are not too accurate. Parangosky doesn’t go, I’m evil! I’m the incarnation of evil! As Palpatine would.

All you need now is for Thel and Macu Windu to duel it out.

> I’d say some words you use are not too accurate.

It was not meant to be accurate, it was mean to be humorous/parodied. I thought that was what the OP’s intent was.

> All you need now is for Thel and Macu Windu to duel it out.

I would pay to see that.