Comparing Reach Backwards Compat to Halo 5

Now that Reach is available for backwards compatibility I compared Reach and 5. Here are things I noticed.

  1. Firefight is still fun. But I think Warzone is just as fun if not more fun. Warzone is awesome. But I don’t get why Halo 5 can’t have both. Maybe there could be Warzone maps with AI waves that consist of 4 player co op. Either way I’m satisfied with Warzone. Good job 343.

  2. Sprint. Ok. I have been defending sprint. I didn’t want to lose it. But after listening to people and trying the two games against each other now I can say that I’m NEUTRAL about sprint. (Yes I know Reach has sprint. But it’s not the same. And I have also played older Halo games that don’t have sprint against 5). Really I’ve gone from pro sprint to neutral. If Halo 6 were to have sprint then fine. If it were not to have sprint then fine. Just please keep the Halo 5 thruster pack.

  3. I really miss Marty O’ Donnell’s music. I really do. 5’s music isn’t bad, but Marty’s was mysterious, melodic, and had a beat to it. It’s hard to describe, but I miss it.

  4. Framerate. I really don’t think Halo should go back to 30fps. 60fps makes a huge difference. It really does. Halo 5 is so much smoother than Reach. It makes a really big difference. Now I have read some people say that it’s not the extra fps, but instead the smoothness comes from the fact that 5 keeps a constant frame rate while Reach doesn’t. Now maybe those people are right. I don’t know how to test that though. I don’t think any of the older Halo games were a constant 30fps. Let me know if so. As of now I think it’s the higher frame rate and the constant frame rate combined that make 5 so smooth.

  5. Campaign. Ok. No comparison. Halo 5 is probably the worst Halo campaign ever.

  6. Armor customization. I think both games had some cool looking armor and some not so great armor. My problem with 5 is that the armor is a little plastic looking. And the BTB forge created maps have some weird color choices for Halo.Reach forge maps at least looked like they belong in Halo that I remember.

Ok. There is more. Add yours. As of now I’m sticking with 5. It’s a lot of fun as for multiplayer. Halo 5 keeps my Halo addiction going.

Reach BC is unplayable in its current state…very rarely does it go over 25 fps and is often in the teens…

I mean seriously…play arcade firefight the explosions will make the frame rate drop to single digits

In regards to #4, Reach on Xbox One has major frame rate issues that weren’t present on the 360, so that is an unfair comparison. I’ve played plenty of Reach back in the day and never had the frame rate drop, even when playing co-op with my friend in Firefight with nothing but rockets and fuel rod cannons.

> 2533274814289862;3:
> In regards to #4, Reach on Xbox One has major frame rate issues that weren’t present on the 360, so that is an unfair comparison. I’ve played plenty of Reach back in the day and never had the frame rate drop, even when playing co-op with my friend in Firefight with nothing but rockets and fuel rod cannons.

If you go back to playing reach on the 360, will you be experiencing rate drop since we are playing on 343i servers now? Or it is only affecting Xbox one?

> If you go back to playing reach on the 360, will you be experiencing rate drop since we are playing on 343i servers now? Or it is only affecting Xbox one?

Not sure, the only frame rate drops I’ve experienced have been in campaign and solo Firefight. The few multiplayer matches I’ve played were decent, pretty much like it always has been.

> 2533274814289862;5:
> > If you go back to playing reach on the 360, will you be experiencing rate drop since we are playing on 343i servers now? Or it is only affecting Xbox one?
>
>
> Not sure, the only frame rate drops I’ve experienced have been in campaign and solo Firefight. The few multiplayer matches I’ve played were decent, pretty much like it always has been.

I need to finish my quest to get inheritor, but that means I will need to stop playing H5G for a while xD… I’m eclipse

I would just like to say that pretty much all music has a melody and a beat.

I honestly didn’t play Reach much… maybe I should whip it out.

As for the campaign, honestly I thought 4’s was the worst. The story wasn’t bad, I just hated the gameplay for some reason. 5’s story isn’t great, but I LOVE the thruster, sprint, and the way the weapons feel. Seems I am alone in that.

All said, I still think CE was the best of the best by a large margin… if that was on live that is all I would play.

> 2533274953123640;7:
> I would just like to say that pretty much all music has a melody and a beat.

Yeah no -Yoink-. He’s just saying Reach’s music sounds more like Halo than Halo 5’s music does. We all know Marty can make the perfect Halo music.

Yes it does seem pretty bad in BC but it is still better than nothing for those that want to try it out!

I think Marty’s music was particularly inspired on Reach as well. I consider that to be comparing his best work to a guy who just made his first full Halo OST. Marty CREATED Halo music, so everything he makes is likely to vibe well with the game. However, I think that Kazuma did a fine job with the H5 OST and 117 on the H4 OST. “Blue Team” is one of my favorite Halo songs of all time. As is “The Light is Green”.

Can you download Reach or do I have to use my disc?

> 2533274805980490;1:
> Now that Reach is available for backwards compatibility I compared Reach and 5. Here are things I noticed.
> 1. Firefight is still fun. But I think Warzone is just as fun if not more fun. Warzone is awesome. But I don’t get why Halo 5 can’t have both. Maybe there could be Warzone maps with AI waves that consist of 4 player co op. Either way I’m satisfied with Warzone. Good job 343.
> 2. Sprint. Ok. I have been defending sprint. I didn’t want to lose it. But after listening to people and trying the two games against each other now I can say that I’m NEUTRAL about sprint. (Yes I know Reach has sprint. But it’s not the same. And I have also played older Halo games that don’t have sprint against 5). Really I’ve gone from pro sprint to neutral. If Halo 6 were to have sprint then fine. If it were not to have sprint then fine. Just please keep the Halo 5 thruster pack.
> 3. I really miss Marty O’ Donnell’s music. I really do. 5’s music isn’t bad, but Marty’s was mysterious, melodic, and had a beat to it. It’s hard to describe, but I miss it.
> 4. Framerate. I really don’t think Halo should go back to 30fps. 60fps makes a huge difference. It really does. Halo 5 is so much smoother than Reach. It makes a really big difference. Now I have read some people say that it’s not the extra fps, but instead the smoothness comes from the fact that 5 keeps a constant frame rate while Reach doesn’t. Now maybe those people are right. I don’t know how to test that though. I don’t think any of the older Halo games were a constant 30fps. Let me know if so. As of now I think it’s the higher frame rate and the constant frame rate combined that make 5 so smooth.
> 5. Campaign. Ok. No comparison. Halo 5 is probably the worst Halo campaign ever.
> 6. Armor customization. I think both games had some cool looking armor and some not so great armor. My problem with 5 is that the armor is a little plastic looking. And the BTB forge created maps have some weird color choices for Halo.Reach forge maps at least looked like they belong in Halo that I remember.
> Ok. There is more. Add yours. As of now I’m sticking with 5. It’s a lot of fun as for multiplayer. Halo 5 keeps my Halo addiction going.

  1. Warzone is an Mode on its own. And i still find it stupid to compare both of them together. It would be like, if i compare counterstrike with Borderlands.
  2. Hard to decide as well. I would say, it should stay in, even if i don’t use it the most of time in Halo 5.(except warzone)
  3. Can’t Agree, Halo 5 have an amazing Music which shouldn’t hide against Marty’s OST. Halo 4 however…
  4. It’s hard to go at this point. I think, most of the People here, want 60fps. That weren’t the Problem to begin with. The Problem however was, what is sacrificed for. I don’t know a solution for myself, in one hand i would love to see Forge back, in the other Hand 60 FPS really is as well an important thing for me, as some who enjoy competitive playing.
  5. I don’t argue with that. Not because i agree with you, moreover because i disagree with you, but i don’t want to start a fight.
  6. I myself were dissapointed. It’s not like, i never played Halo Reach before, but in my memory it were better. What i like more in Reach is the general style of Colours/Materials. Like you said, Halo 5(and if you look closly, it only applys to Multiplayer, if you look at the Singleplayer, the Armor as well looks much more realistic) looks like an Plastic-Material, unlike Halo Reach were it looks like Metal. If you have looked at Read Up Live - Early Stage Footage its kinda said, because Halo 5 had in this early stage a similiar looking armor-design. However Big reason why i’m disspointed in Reach Amor-Customization, it give you the Chance to change every little piece of Armor, but infact it change nothing. Almost every armor, almost every piece of it, looks very similiar. And for me - an Customization fails, if i can choose between pieces, but it doesn’t change very much. I miss the Variety which i have in Halo 5. Would Halo 5 profit from the Reach Customization System, yeah maybe. But if you ask me, i prefer Halo 5 over Reach Customitazion! ( i can’t say about Halo 4, because i only played halo 4 on TMCC - and yeah - … )
    My Point about Reach. It’s not like i dislike Reach from my deepest Heart. But for me its the worst Halo yet. Halo 4 is on a similiar Level, but alot of that rescued because of the Story of Halo 4. Yet i’m happy to get it on XboxOne again, and still wish they add it to the TMCC, so have an complete Package(Ego-Shooter-wise). I appreciate the darker tone, i do, but i dislike the Argument, which Reach-Fanboy’s brings against Halo 4/5 because of that. Because this dark tone is unique even for an Halo, und you never saw that in ANY HALO BEFORE, thats why this dark tone shouldn’t carried on, on Halo 4/5. And if people people would be REALLY HONEST, they would see, if Bungie would have the technique which had 343i had now with Halo 4/5, Halo 1-3 would be similiar. The better Lightning, and other such new gimmicks, made moder Game so much brighter, if you compare as exampel Max Payne 1 and 2, and Max Payne 3, you will see what i mean.

/edit:

> 2533274866682248;12:
> Can you download Reach or do I have to use my disc?

If you have only the disc-version, you need the disc of course everytime you play, but the Game itself have to be downloaded! So you put the Disc in, it download the Game, and if you want to start the Game, you need the Disc!

> 2533274866682248;12:
> Can you download Reach or do I have to use my disc?

If you never owned it digitally, you’ll have to put in your disc/

> 2533274805980490;1:
> Now that Reach is available for backwards compatibility I compared Reach and 5. Here are things I noticed.
>
> 1. Firefight is still fun. But I think Warzone is just as fun if not more fun. Warzone is awesome. But I don’t get why Halo 5 can’t have both. Maybe there could be Warzone maps with AI waves that consist of 4 player co op. Either way I’m satisfied with Warzone. Good job 343.
>
> 2. Sprint. Ok. I have been defending sprint. I didn’t want to lose it. But after listening to people and trying the two games against each other now I can say that I’m NEUTRAL about sprint. (Yes I know Reach has sprint. But it’s not the same. And I have also played older Halo games that don’t have sprint against 5). Really I’ve gone from pro sprint to neutral. If Halo 6 were to have sprint then fine. If it were not to have sprint then fine. Just please keep the Halo 5 thruster pack.
>
> 3. I really miss Marty O’ Donnell’s music. I really do. 5’s music isn’t bad, but Marty’s was mysterious, melodic, and had a beat to it. It’s hard to describe, but I miss it.
>
> 4. Framerate. I really don’t think Halo should go back to 30fps. 60fps makes a huge difference. It really does. Halo 5 is so much smoother than Reach. It makes a really big difference. Now I have read some people say that it’s not the extra fps, but instead the smoothness comes from the fact that 5 keeps a constant frame rate while Reach doesn’t. Now maybe those people are right. I don’t know how to test that though. I don’t think any of the older Halo games were a constant 30fps. Let me know if so. As of now I think it’s the higher frame rate and the constant frame rate combined that make 5 so smooth.
>
> 5. Campaign. Ok. No comparison. Halo 5 is probably the worst Halo campaign ever.
> 6. Armor customization. I think both games had some cool looking armor and some not so great armor. My problem with 5 is that the armor is a little plastic looking. And the BTB forge created maps have some weird color choices for Halo.Reach forge maps at least looked like they belong in Halo that I remember.
>
> Ok. There is more. Add yours. As of now I’m sticking with 5. It’s a lot of fun as for multiplayer. Halo 5 keeps my Halo addiction going.

  1. Warzone is not meant to replace Firefight. They are completely different. There are no waves of enemies in Warzone or a survival element. Warzone is a buffed up BTB mode.

  2. I don’t find sprint necessary at all, and Reach proves that. However, I think it’s important for huge maps like in Warzone.

  3. Marty’s music is definitely legendary and I don’t expect it to be topped, but Halo 5’s music is a definite improvement to Halo 4’s.

  4. Reach BC has must worse framerate than the original version on the 360, so it’s not fair to compare its framerate to Halo 5. I would rather have 30fps with split screen rather than solo 60fps.

  5. Agreed. Worst campaign to date.

  6. I think armor and emblems in Halo 5 should’ve been obtainable by spending REQ points directly rather than having it randomized. Weapons would make sense for it to be random drops.