Compared to Halo Reach...? Discussion!

Before anything is fixed for gameplay, I just wanted to address a past observation.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there something different framerate wise, or anything that made Halo Reach feel… smoother?
I’d figure it out for myself but I let my friend borrow it for the “year” (we live far apart, hence the year, though we meet up on holidays).
Is it the servers?
lack of search options?
It’s been bothering me that although I do enjoy this game, it does feel sort of like a beta.
DISCUSS!

This game is just laggy as -Yoink- compared to Reach. They made it even worse with the recent matchmaking “fix” for regions outside the US.

For all it’s flaws, I have the feeling Halo 4 is more smooth, I dunno. I should test it, but I’m lazy.

Another thing, standing on a sniper tower in Spartan Ops, I noticed the graphics aren’t too great…
I see huge pixels basically.

The only thing i miss are invasion and flyable unsc air vehicles. And playable elites. And the needle rifle.

Playing Halo 4 made me appreciate Reach even more and notice small details I took for granted before.

Better than Reach in every way except the LAG!

> Playing Halo 4 made me appreciate Reach even more and notice small details I took for granted before.

Reach is better in most regards except bloom and strafe acceleration.

Reach had more detail to performance, like the ghost would become less accurate when it was really beat up.

Halo 4 has more detail to graphics… which does nothing. Plus the style is weird sometimes, like an updated Halo 3 with bad proportions. Female spartans are bone thin? I liked Reach’s super realistic style more. I know some people hated the grit but real soldiers wear more than metal. They wear dirt!

Despite the bodacious nature of female spartans in Halo Reach that drew up sexism, you’re absolutely right about them being too thin in Halo 4. Athletic body types tend to have bigger butts. Serious.
As for the wearing dirt bit, oh god yes.

Reach is terrible. Halo 4 is nowhere even close to Reach. I don’t think any Halo game could ever end up like Reach again.

As for your question about framerate, Halo 4’s seems to be much better than Reach’s. Reach’s was terrible.

For Matchmaking preferences, Halo 4 doesn’t have any… at the moment. And for me personally, I don’t see much lag. If I do, it’s mostly in Customs.

What? No I was only talking about the arms. It’s bad on men but extreme on women. It looks like a skeleton wearing armor D: In Reach they had much better proportions. And there was moar armor. Security pauldrons made people look like crazy buff meatheads it was awesome.

@hal0 m4n What? But I loved reach, there was never any framerate issues. You must’ve had a bad connection. Reach was the bomb, minus armor lock.

And so the trend of praising the previous games continues…

I love this community :slight_smile:

> And so the trend of praising the previous games continues…
>
> I love this community :slight_smile:

Ah yes, but a new game should theoretically be superior to its predecessor!
I just want this good game to be amazing, is all.

> And so the trend of praising the previous games continues…
>
> I love this community :slight_smile:

Of course we are… I don’t understand why that surprises you. :confused:

Naturally when a new game comes out, you reminisce about the past one. No one (if they’re sane) is saying Reach is better, but it certainly did a few things better. Customization, forge, the fileshare.

As much as you like them in the moment, there’s nothing like losing them (or having them changed) to make you realize just how much you enjoyed having them. Hence, praising the last game.

> > And so the trend of praising the previous games continues…
> >
> > I love this community :slight_smile:
>
> Of course we are… I don’t understand why that surprises you. :confused:
>
> Naturally when a new game comes out, you reminisce about the past one. No one (if they’re sane) is saying Reach is better, but it certainly did a few things better. Customization, forge, the fileshare.
>
> As much as you like them in the moment, there’s nothing like losing them (or having them changed) to make you realize just how much you enjoyed having them. Hence, praising the last game.

I agree with the customization, forge, etc. Halo 4 isn’t perfect, although I’m loving it.

BUT Reach…holy crap. VERY few people ever took up for that game (I was one of them). Other than the few, that game was ridiculed universally.

Then people complained “well, it would have been better if Bungie just balanced things better”. And they are now. The AAs are not NEARLY as game changing…

but the complaining (ignorant complaining; not constructive criticism) still happens.

Btw, I was joking too. I don’t love this community. I’m actually ashamed to be part of it. But I love Halo enough to stick around :wink:

Lol I wasn’t sure if you were or not, but good good! I feel the same way :stuck_out_tongue: