Companion App?

I was wondering if 343 or Microsoft are doing a companion app for halo 5? Anyone hear anything?

We probably would have heard something by now if there was going to be a companion app. Smartglass is probably going to be the closest thing.

I haven’t heard anything, I doubt they’ll build a new app probably just integrate anything into the Halo Channel app. I think that’s where the spectator thing is isn’t it?

that would be so sick! when you get bored at work you could be getting paid to open reqs and customize your Spartan lol

I never really liked the whole companion app thing. Especially once games started making them an integral part of the overall gameplay experience.

They will probably just tie the Waypoint app into it.

It would be great, plus you could be rewarded for using it :slight_smile:

We need a Waypoint app.

If they haven’t promoted a companion app designed FOR halo 5 then there isn’t one.
Halo Channel is basically that app replacement.

Come on 343! Maybe we’ll here something a week before launch. It’d be a great way to track and compare stats with friends and such.

You would think that a company owned by MICROSOFT would put out an app, companion or Halo Channel, that ties to a game made exclusively by MICROSOFT for a MICROSOFT gaming console on a MICROSOFT phone. Rant over. Companion app would be nice.

> 2533274816299345;11:
> You would think that a company owned by MICROSOFT would put out an app, companion or Halo Channel, that ties to a game made exclusively by MICROSOFT for a MICROSOFT gaming console on a MICROSOFT phone. Rant over. Companion app would be nice.

Awesome point. That’s exactly the point.

> 2710872097131187;12:
> > 2533274816299345;11:
> > You would think that a company owned by MICROSOFT would put out an app, companion or Halo Channel, that ties to a game made exclusively by MICROSOFT for a MICROSOFT gaming console on a MICROSOFT phone. Rant over. Companion app would be nice.
>
>
> Awesome point. That’s exactly the point.

Well, my point was more of the Halo channel going from a windows device excluse to android and ios with no windows phone support. Like, wth lol.

Is halo channel not a companion app?