Comp Skill Rank ONLY VISIBLE ON WAYPOINT?

343 make it visible in game not just on waypoint. It’s limited if we have to go online look up the players’ skill before the match starts. Who cares if people want to sell accounts. That’s their decision to. When this uupdate comes up lots of people will be upset cause they thought they would be able to see their skill in the game, but really it’s only on waypoint. Halo REACH Was Not As Great As Halo 2 OR 3 Cause It Did Not have A Skill System Visible And Did Not Feel Like Halo! Lots of people play halo competitively and see their skill go up like in halo 3.This made people want to get it up higher and so they played longer and the game lasted longer. Some people won’t buy halo 4 cause there was no true skill system announce, but now lots of people are changing their minds about it and going to buy it. But they don’t realize that the true skill can only be viewed online. People waited and hopped that halo 4 will fix every mistake that halo reach had, including not having a true skill system in reach. People will start hating on this halo trilogy cause halo 4 didn’t have a visible true skill system in game, so what makes you think halo 5 and 6 will have one. They will also hate on 343 cause they didn’t get what they really wanted. Why would this only be only on waypoint,i thought 343 wanted it to have the halo feeling again. I hope you’re thinking of why halo reach was not as successful as halo 3.

PLEASE __RE-POST THIS AS A COMMENT__IF YOU AGREE SO THEY WILL READ THIS

I don’t see that there’s a need for typing any post in all caps at all, no matter how urgent one thinks their video game issue is.

I think that it should be visible in-game, but as long as there’s an access to it and as long as it works, it’s not a big deal if it isn’t visible in-game.

please vote on the poll if you haven’t.

Didnt read past first half of first sentance.

I would prefer it to be visible but my minimum requirement is to see k/d and w/l in in an easily accessible service record. And be able to separate k/d and w/l by playlist. If I got that, I can care less about any rank system.

Im Sorry i accidently voted twice on no

so i voted twice on yes

There was no option for, it would be cool, but its not going to stop me from playing and enjoying Halo 4.

Here is an AMAZING idea that I am passing along from someone else

Let each player see his own CSR, and let everyone see the Average CSR of all the players in his match

Perfect and potentially prevents motives for boosting and flaming

>
> Here is an AMAZING idea that I am passing along from someone else
>
>
>
>
>
> Let each player see his own CSR, and let everyone see the Average CSR of all the players in his match
>
>
> Perfect and potentially prevents motives for boosting and flaming
>

Sorry but that doesn’t help me organize my teams. Needs to be available at the very least in service record if not displayed by name.

> Who cares if people want to sell accounts. That’s their decision to.

You do realize that when people sell their accounts, boost and/derank it messes up the Truskill system which causes players to be matched up against players that are not close to their skill level. This makes the matchmaking experience not as fun. No one likes getting beat 50 - 7.

Not to mention in game rank visibility causes a lot of grief in the pregame lobby. It’s just another way for people to berate other people. I think we all know what the pregame lobby is like and why so many don’t use mics.

This is a good compromise.

> > Who cares if people want to sell accounts. That’s their decision to.
>
> You do realize that when people sell their accounts, boost and/derank it messes up the Truskill system which causes players to be matched up against players that are not close to their skill level. This makes the matchmaking experience not as fun. No one likes getting beat 50 - 7.
>
> Not to mention in game rank visibility causes a lot of grief in the pregame lobby. It’s just another way for people to berate other people. I think we all know what the pregame lobby is like and why so many don’t use mics.
>
> This is a good compromise.

so to avoid 50-7 games the concept is to instead of facing the vague possibility of playing against that 1 50 boosting your first game out of the box, put him in to social playlists where you can play him and every other 50 ever nonstop until you give up on the game and go play something else…

and grief in the pregame lobby? we’re not little kids, it’s a rated M game if you can’t handle someone saying you’re bad or your rank sucks then you obviously aren’t mature enough to even purchase the game

it doesnt really matter if if a level 20 plays like a 50 or same thing around, if you’re good you’re good if you’re bad your’re bad either way that level 20 will move on the higher ranks

> > > Who cares if people want to sell accounts. That’s their decision to.
> >
> > You do realize that when people sell their accounts, boost and/derank it messes up the Truskill system which causes players to be matched up against players that are not close to their skill level. This makes the matchmaking experience not as fun. No one likes getting beat 50 - 7.
> >
> > Not to mention in game rank visibility causes a lot of grief in the pregame lobby. It’s just another way for people to berate other people. I think we all know what the pregame lobby is like and why so many don’t use mics.
> >
> > This is a good compromise.
>
> so to avoid 50-7 games the concept is to instead of facing the vague possibility of playing against that 1 50 boosting your first game out of the box, put him in to social playlists where you can play him and every other 50 ever nonstop until you give up on the game and go play something else…
>
> and grief in the pregame lobby? we’re not little kids, it’s a rated M game if you can’t handle someone saying you’re bad or your rank sucks then you obviously aren’t mature enough to even purchase the game

First there will be a ranking for each list so your first argument is absolutely invalid. Cheating, boosting and deleveling was a huge problem in 2 and 3. Period. Any argument against that is nonsense. It’s the entire reason why visiblke ranks have been an issue with Bungie and 343.

Just because the game is rated M that means it’s okay to berate people badly in lobby? /so I guess by your thinking sexism, racism, cursing, etc… is fine. The game is rated M so therefor it’s okay to say what ever you want. Just stop.

Give each player the option to
SHOW RANK
Or
HIDE RANK

That way people can play as the see fit.

> Give each player the option to
> SHOW RANK
> Or
> HIDE RANK
>
> That way people can play as the see fit.

I wouldn’t mind this.

This poll is terrible. Yet I still voted in it, why I don’t know as it is irrelevant anyway.

If you voted no ur like a lvl 9 on halo3 or a reach fanboy get a life halo 2,3 were the best games out,halo is about true skill that’s what u Bad reach players don’t get,noobs!

If you guys want ranks so much, go play gamebattles. You can try and get on top of the ladder!

> If you voted no ur like a lvl 9 on halo3 or a reach fanboy get a life halo 2,3 were the best games out,halo is about true skill that’s what u Bad reach players don’t get,noobs!

Cmon dude you are giving competitive halo players a bad rep. Please act more maturely in this forum.

[/quote]
First there will be a ranking for each list so your first argument is absolutely invalid. Cheating, boosting and deleveling was a huge problem in 2 and 3. Period. Any argument against that is nonsense. It’s the entire reason why visiblke ranks have been an issue with Bungie and 343.

Just because the game is rated M that means it’s okay to berate people badly in lobby? /so I guess by your thinking sexism, racism, cursing, etc… is fine. The game is rated M so therefor it’s okay to say what ever you want. Just stop.

[/quote]
So my argument is invalid with CSR but your argument makes all the sense of “we can’t have rankings because rankings make things bad when we already have rankings” the circular logic is beautiful.

as to the cheating in halo 2/3 i personally never ran in to it on most of my accounts, outside of doubles for the first year or two of halo 3 i don’t think i ran in to a single de-ranker playing on multiple playlists multiple accounts between 1-50

and yeah why not? a rated M game means mature it means we’re adults be adult enough to mute someone if you don’t like listening to them i’ll give you someone in the midst of puberty screaming about your mother is annoying but that doesn’t give anyone the right to tell me which opinions i can and can’t express online although if you’ve played any of halo 4 or even reach you know rank isn’t really what makes people go off it’s how badly someone does during a match

> > > > Who cares if people want to sell accounts. That’s their decision to.
> > >
> > > You do realize that when people sell their accounts, boost and/derank it messes up the Truskill system which causes players to be matched up against players that are not close to their skill level. This makes the matchmaking experience not as fun. No one likes getting beat 50 - 7.
> > >
> > > Not to mention in game rank visibility causes a lot of grief in the pregame lobby. It’s just another way for people to berate other people. I think we all know what the pregame lobby is like and why so many don’t use mics.
> > >
> > > This is a good compromise.
> >
> > so to avoid 50-7 games the concept is to instead of facing the vague possibility of playing against that 1 50 boosting your first game out of the box, put him in to social playlists where you can play him and every other 50 ever nonstop until you give up on the game and go play something else…
> >
> > and grief in the pregame lobby? we’re not little kids, it’s a rated M game if you can’t handle someone saying you’re bad or your rank sucks then you obviously aren’t mature enough to even purchase the game
>
> First there will be a ranking for each list so your first argument is absolutely invalid. Cheating, boosting and deleveling was a huge problem in 2 and 3. Period. Any argument against that is nonsense. It’s the entire reason why visiblke ranks have been an issue with Bungie and 343.
>
> Just because the game is rated M that means it’s okay to berate people badly in lobby? /so I guess by your thinking sexism, racism, cursing, etc… is fine. The game is rated M so therefor it’s okay to say what ever you want. Just stop.

I would personally really like to see TrueSkill rankings displayed next to gamertags.

I understand that having that level of competition can create boosters, cheaters and derankers but I really don’t remember the ranking system from Halo 3 having such problems and I played that game A LOT.

Also, it can create some smack talk in the lobbies but the game is rated M so people should be aware of the possiblity of offensive language not expect it. And with the option to easily mute players no one will ever have to listen to any thing they don’t want to.

As a high ranking forum member, can you say if there are any plans to implement it fully into the game or just in waypoint?