[Community Update] You can haz Recon!

Latest Community Update is out and packed full of awesome!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/you-can-haz-recon

Here’s a quick run down of what’s covered in this weeks news:

• The amazing Halo Wars 2 adverts - please go watch these right now! (put together by 215McCann) - Q&A Blitz Beta follow up - The long awaited achievements list for Halo Wars 2 [possible spoilers!] - Release of the Classic Helmets REQ pack [I’m sporting Pilot, what about you?] - Timmy Helmet - yes, we can finally stop the thread train now. <mark>50 hours in Customs will net you the helmet :slight_smile:</mark> - Details about this week’s Arena update - Halo World Championships 2017 news - 343 Team Spotlight on Simon Gordon from the Web Team (whoo!) - And finally a big birthday shoutout to our very own GrimBrother One ps. if you’re wearing Recon - <mark>BANNED!</mark>

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

“Tell them I have super cancer.”

Can I not haz r3conz I no want to get ban

Can anyone tell me where I might find my custom games time played statistic? I really want to keep track of my progress.

Also, I don’t know if it’s just on Waypoint, but every helmet except for Mark V Delta seems to be a bit too small. I noticed that they didn’t go well with a lot of the bigger armors in the game, but now I’m noticing there’s no room for a nose or chin in most helmets, especially Security (Gen 1). Does anyone think they’ll make an upsize update? Because usually they don’t touch-up models already in the game.

UPDATE: Checked out the helmets again in-game. All of them look like you could get your head in there, Pilot’s a bit questionable.

But Security? Oh, man. Wow. Now that is a helmet made for Leafy.

If you know the recon reference, you’re a true OG.

> 2533274845218535;4:
> Can anyone tell me where I might find my custom games time played statistic? I really want to keep track of my progress.
>
> Also, I don’t know if it’s just on Waypoint, but every helmet except for Mark V Delta seems to be a bit too small. I noticed that they didn’t go well with a lot of the bigger armors in the game, but now I’m noticing there’s no room for a nose or chin in most helmets, especially Operator (Gen 1). Does anyone think they’ll make an upsize update? Because usually they don’t touch-up models already in the game.

Service record in game will show it. Just look at your customs play time. It’ll show arena, warzone and campaign play time as well.

> 2533274813317074;1:
> ps. if you’re wearing Recon - BANNED!

Wait…I’m wearing Recon…WHERE DID I LEAVE MY MARK V!!!

In all seriousness, it is nice to finally have those helmets and to know the requirement of the Timmy helmet. Gives me something to work towards that I know isn’t as impossible as Achilles is. Maybe I’ll even go for Olive, who knows? Oh, and Happy B-Day Grim, here’s to grinding the good grind back there in the studio.

> 2533274845218535;4:
> Can anyone tell me where I might find my custom games time played statistic? I really want to keep track of my progress.
>
> Also, I don’t know if it’s just on Waypoint, but every helmet except for Mark V Delta seems to be a bit too small. I noticed that they didn’t go well with a lot of the bigger armors in the game, but now I’m noticing there’s no room for a nose or chin in most helmets, especially Operator (Gen 1). Does anyone think they’ll make an upsize update? Because usually they don’t touch-up models already in the game.

Try pairing the MK V Delta with a MK VI body of your choice. The Satrap and Regent are interesting.

Pretty good community update, but I’m very worried about this:

> I wanted to ask if you can tell us how the game release rank / experience system will look? On Halo Wars 2 what ranking system will we have is it like the first beta? I really enjoy competition thanks.
>
> The Service Record rank is the player’s Gamertag’s progression rank. To level up, players earn XP by completing challenges, playing games and unlocking achievements. This is a good indicator of how long a player has been playing the game. Alongside this we’re looking at launching a Halo 5 style CSR rank system post launch.
>
> Is Proving Grounds the only map that will be available to play Blitz on? If so, are any more on the way? Thanks!
>
> Halo Wars 2 launches with Proving Grounds which is a Blitz exclusive map but we’re keen to hear what types of additional maps fans would like to see in the future.

This basically means that a real ranking system will be added in post launch, which is not good. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they have a ranking system in the beta? There needs to be a ranking system post launch.

The second means that Proving Grounds will be the only Blitz map at launch. This is a very bad move. If they want to push blitz, they need to make sure it doesn’t get stale, but that’s kinda hard with only one map.

I just hope that these things are added in very fast post launch. Ske7ch, if you could clear some of this up because maybe I’m not understanding this correctly, that’d be great. It’d also be good if you could try and tell the HW2 team to get this stuff out ASAP :slight_smile:

I wonder about how thorough the check for Timmy helmet is. Like, could I leave a 1-man custom game going for 50 hours? Turn it on Friday night, turn it off later Sunday night, bam?

To be honest, I’m really disappointed that they added in the Reach recon and not Halo 3s recon. I mean, recon was a HUGE deal in Halo 3, probably one of the biggest lores in all of Halo, I just don’t understand why they had to add the one with the darn visor thing…

> 2533274873772972;11:
> To be honest, I’m really disappointed that they added in the Reach recon and not Halo 3s recon. I mean, recon was a HUGE deal in Halo 3, probably one of the biggest lores from Halo 3, I just don’t understand why they had to add the one with the darn visor thing…

I’m more disappointed with the CQB helmet. You can tell they got lazy with the texturing; the cheeks are supposed to be black and secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim, not those barely-visible little stripes on top.

CQB is probably the helmet people wanted back more than anything else, any the screwed it up. Seriously, 343i… no more half-measures.

I’m happy to be wearing Pilot again, made it the way I looked like on Reach

I’m a bit annoyed with the Visor, but I’ll get used to it

Joy. However the Mark V is missing its headlights on one side. Will this be fixed? lmao http://i.imgur.com/SCACBre.jpg

> 2533274873772972;5:
> If you know the recon reference, you’re a true OG.

> “Tell them I have super cancer”
> -Chief & Arby

Honestly, I’m just so grateful they brought back Security Gen1. The new Security helmet was cool but was designed on the newer Spartan armor aesthetic and it didn’t look good with classic armors such as Wrath or Mark IV Gen1. Thank you 343i for bringing it back!

Wow, no word on any future updates tho… :’(

Can I haz an updated skin for the CQB helmet? It looks unfinished; the cheeks are supposed to be black, and the secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim. Having it all one color (save for the barely-visible stripes on the tops) detracts from the appearance of the helmet, and causes the secondary color option minimal impact on your character’s appearance.

> 2535405480355640;15:
> > 2533274873772972;5:
> > If you know the recon reference, you’re a true OG.
>
>
>
> > “Tell them I have super cancer”
> > -Chief & Arby

Say hello to my ROFLcopter SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

> 2535434548670205;17:
> Wow, no word on any future updates tho… :’(

They mentioned that last week, maintenance update scheduled for the beginning of next month. I imagine any larger content updates will drop once Halo Wars 2 is launched, of which I can see at least 1 and solely because Forge team :stuck_out_tongue: