Community Tournament on Sunday! (17th)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).

This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!

I encourage as many people to participate as possible. A tournament like this allows everyone in the community to have some fun, meet new players, and show everyone what you’re made of without having to worry about smurfs and being matched against players you shouldn’t be.

Hey guys! I would just like to add that OP leaders Pavium and Voridus are banned. Because we are privately setting up the games, we have a say in what can be used. This allows for an escape from the overpowered flavor of the week found in matchmaking and gives players a chance to show off crazy, varied new tactics and strategies. We’re really looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with this weekend!

P.S. The official name on Xbox is: I Alpha Team I. Alternatively, you can add me on Xbox and I’ll be sure to forward you an invite.

I am terribly busy these days, but I could steal some time to take part in this tournament

> 2533274814970819;3:
> Hey guys! I would just like to add that OP leaders Pavium and Voridus are banned. Because we are privately setting up the games, we have a say in what can be used. This allows for an escape from the overpowered flavor of the week found in matchmaking and gives players a chance to show off crazy, varied new tactics and strategies. We’re really looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with this weekend!
>
> P.S. The official name on Xbox is: I Alpha Team I. Alternatively, you can add me on Xbox and I’ll be sure to forward you an invite.

No Voridus? Well see ya

Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.

> 2533274927740213;1:
> Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
>
> This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!

Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?

> 2535458426112390;5:
> > 2533274814970819;3:
> > Hey guys! I would just like to add that OP leaders Pavium and Voridus are banned. Because we are privately setting up the games, we have a say in what can be used. This allows for an escape from the overpowered flavor of the week found in matchmaking and gives players a chance to show off crazy, varied new tactics and strategies. We’re really looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with this weekend!
> >
> > P.S. The official name on Xbox is: I Alpha Team I. Alternatively, you can add me on Xbox and I’ll be sure to forward you an invite.
>
> No Voridus? Well see ya

I’m sorry you feel that way. Including Voridus would isolate many more players than banning him would. Plus it would create a stale meta where everyone in the tournament abuses Voridus to win. This way people are more free to use the leader they wish to use with less of a penalty for not using the most broken strat. If Voridus is brought in line with the next patch we will talk about incorporating him in future tourneys.

> 2533274941559896;6:
> Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
>
>
> > 2533274927740213;1:
> > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> >
> > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
>
> Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?

Pretty much people that played in the omega tournament wont be in the alpha tournament.

> 2533274840245702;8:
> > 2533274941559896;6:
> > Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274927740213;1:
> > > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> > >
> > > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
> >
> > Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?
>
> Pretty much people that played in the omega tournament wont be in the alpha tournament.

That’s good, so that means being a tryhard is trying to be the best?

> 2533274941559896;9:
> > 2533274840245702;8:
> > > 2533274941559896;6:
> > > Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274927740213;1:
> > > > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> > > >
> > > > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
> > >
> > > Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?
> >
> > Pretty much people that played in the omega tournament wont be in the alpha tournament.
>
> That’s good, so that means being a tryhard is trying to be the best?

he was just referring to the players that are often thought of as “top tier”… and then me. The goal is just to get more people involved in the competitive scene so having almirante roll over all the mid level diamond ad onyx players is not what we are shooting for

> 2533274840245702;10:
> > 2533274941559896;9:
> > > 2533274840245702;8:
> > > > 2533274941559896;6:
> > > > Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274927740213;1:
> > > > > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> > > > >
> > > > > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
> > > >
> > > > Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?
> > >
> > > Pretty much people that played in the omega tournament wont be in the alpha tournament.
> >
> > That’s good, so that means being a tryhard is trying to be the best?
>
> he was just referring to the players that are often thought of as “top tier”… and then me. The goal is just to get more people involved in the competitive scene so having almirante roll over all the mid level diamond ad onyx players is not what we are shooting for

what leader did almirante use anyhow?

> 2535428931727626;11:
> > 2533274840245702;10:
> > > 2533274941559896;9:
> > > > 2533274840245702;8:
> > > > > 2533274941559896;6:
> > > > > Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533274927740213;1:
> > > > > > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
> > > > >
> > > > > Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?
> > > >
> > > > Pretty much people that played in the omega tournament wont be in the alpha tournament.
> > >
> > > That’s good, so that means being a tryhard is trying to be the best?
> >
> > he was just referring to the players that are often thought of as “top tier”… and then me. The goal is just to get more people involved in the competitive scene so having almirante roll over all the mid level diamond ad onyx players is not what we are shooting for
>
> what leader did almirante use anyhow?

he won today with cutter vs saviors anders.

> 2533274941559896;6:
> Do not read this sentence; if you do, it won’t tell you anything.
>
>
> > 2533274927740213;1:
> > Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that Alpha Team is having a tournament this Sunday (the 17th of December).
> >
> > This tournament is for those with a winning percentage below 70% so don’t be afraid that you’re going to get stomped by a try hard champion. If you’re interested make sure to join the Alpha Team club on Xbox and register for the tournament!
>
> Sorry for the perhaps stupid question but what exactly is a sweaty try hard champion?

I think he’s just making a light joke about those that dedicate a lot of time to ranked, or competitive play in general. Omega Team is the club for them. Alpha is for slightly more casual players that still want to play in a competitive setting, as well as those that want to compete in Omega Team but aren’t proven yet. It’s both an entry point into higher level competition and a place for community members to meet up and play.

I would also like to extend everyone an invitation to our Discord (it’s one server for both clubs). There you can find more info on tournaments as well as meet up with other players. I hope you see you guys there!