Community too small for region lock/server choice?

This is the one issue that 343 won’t talk about anymore. Won’t rehash every detail but competitive matchmaking is extremely unfair in it’s current form based on where you live. I’m playing even with Diamonds during peak hours, getting wrecked by Golds in non peak hours, and when I visit Chicago next week, I fully expect to make it to Onyx. Latency is a huge factor in outcomes. There is no rhyme or reason why some areas in the US play on servers with well over 100ms ping while there are Azure servers closer than that to where they live. Not sure if there are mistakes with net-coding of if 343 has determined that the population is so low that we have to be bunched on just a few servers. Dallas and Chicago with the home server advantage.

I’m not sure that this system is a step up from the previous peer to peer host advantage to be honest.

I fell you… I have been kicked out more than 80 time due to server end issues. And have be killed more than 100 times because of latency… 343 needs to do something about it … everything worked great of me until Christmas…

> 2535473640312220;2:
> I fell you… I have been kicked out more than 80 time due to server end issues. And have be killed more than 100 times because of latency… 343 needs to do something about it … everything worked great of me until Christmas…

Yeah that’s the thing. I know there are close servers available. Game will play beautiful at times and then there’s certain times of day/night where it switches and latency spikes drastically. It’s not subtle so I don’t know why this issue doesn’t get addressed.

If 343 insists that we can’t have the choice, then they should pair people together based on similar ping. If I have to play at 100ms, then someone in Dallas should be matched with me on a server where they are 100ms. It’s not fair when one person is 100ms+ and then the other person is playing on their home server. There should be a discrepancy of 80ms between gamers on the same server.