Community split perfectly explained by Gravemind

This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded.

The first line symbolizes the majority of the classic fans. Showing how staunch they are against the changes and their boldness to call out 343i, leaping onto any flaw with little thought formed from there being no need, minds have been made. They know what they want and refuse anything else besides a bit of compromises along the logical progression opposed to needless additions.

The second line referrers to most the 343i faithful, with flesh symbolizing their vulnerability and…pleasure. They don’t have a tough shell that needs to be broken, they take what they can get and are happy to have it. They don’t need pandering and use what little has been given to them by 343i and turn it into zeal. They’ll defend just shy of anything what 343i does regardless of how flawed it truly is.

The sad truth is that MC and Thel we’re forced to work together, they found common ground. We don’t have that and are basically being held captive by Gravemind might now. We need our index, our Prophets to hunt otherwise Halo’s just going to be turned into a lifeless husk born of frustration.

So I’m curios one what fans out there have to say about the common ground. Where do you think it ends and begins?

So… what about everyone in the middle?

In a way, we are “forced” to work together. You can work together with the community and developers while you continue to play Halo, or you can stop and leave. The difference is what work people think should be done. To some, the Halo franchise needs a heavy hand to make Microsoft/343i understand that today’s Halo content does not live up to their expectations. To others, 343i is doing well and they don’t want any big changes.

These two sides both getting their message across is them working together, I think. Not everything has to be presented as a shade of grey where the people who hate 343i need to give a list of things they like along with the list of things they don’t, and likewise those who love 343i’s games don’t need to try and look for flaws to balance out their enjoyment.

It’s up to 343i to look at the big picture, and both sides, however polar opposite, are part of that big picture and are important contributors to Halo’s future.

Compromising is great when it’s possible, but when you’re dealing with this many people it’s just not reasonable to expect it. No one is going to accept “Okay 343i, you can keep X in the game if we can take out Y”, because in this large a community every single possible X and Y are going to be a major part of many people’s opinion of the game and be that one thing which they won’t compromise on, even if they would be willing to compromise on a hundred other things. Discussions of compromise only work within small groups, hence why it’s just up to 343i to sift through everything that’s being said. That’s also why everything that can be said should be said, no matter how far to one side or the other a person is on the love/hate spectrum.

Obviously, all feedback is best given respectfully and best directed at actual points of discussion about the games and not the people making or playing them. Even the people who are too immature to do that, though, can have something to contribute to the conversation. So rather than encouraging people to change how they look at things, or try and meet in the middle, I’d rather encourage people to change how they state their opinion and how they convey the way they see things to others. In the end, the more feedback the better, although the less whining and less dogmatic fervor that feedback is tangled in the better. That’s the responsibility of the individual, though, and isn’t a matter of cooperation.

What Halo 5 is praised for came out of complaints from Halo 4, so I’d say the complaints were good. The backward steps Halo 5 took seem to have been because the complaints drowned out everything else, though, so I’d say more praise would have been good. We need both, but it’s not up to individual people to provide both at the same time.

The common ground is we all want what’s best for Halo, no matter what each person thinks that “best” looks like. In that sense, it begins and ends with each person, regardless of stance on issues, just taking time out of their day to participate in the community.

Is “being captured by the Gravemind” a reason to not going to work?

Excuse me for this,OP has some arguments,however you can interpret it diffrent.

Ok but I love both Bungie and 343i because they have both produced unforgettable games. Both of them have had flaws. But we all still play the games. What say you?

Honestly I’d prefer we take the “Flood” approach; we consume everything around us and make EVERYONE play Halo XD.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> So… what about everyone in the middle?

Heretic.

Any “two different sides” argument is inherently flawed since it throws people of various beliefs and mindsets together into two monoliths that don’t even come close to truly representing how the situation is. You really believe you have one side of defenders and one side of people who never compromise? Come on now, it isn’t that simple. Those kinds of people are the extreme outliers while everybody else fits within a spectrum. I can criticize a lot of the story choices 343 Industries made while still giving them praise for Halo 5’s Sanghelios missions, use of Fireteam Osiris, Halo: Mythos, Halo: Fractures, and more. Yet I will not hesitate to call them out for lying about their product and being pretty darn silent about Halo 5 and the response it has gotten as far as its story goes.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> So… what about everyone in the middle?

We’re just like 2401 and Regret.
We get thrown away by the Gravemind and are never seen again.

> 2535408730995228;4:
> Is “being captured by the Gravemind” a reason to not going to work?
>
> Excuse me for this,OP has some arguments,however you can interpret it diffrent.

Yes it is.
“Why aren’t you at work?”
“I’m being held captured by the Gravemind.”
“That’s no excuse. Get here now while there’s still time to stop the key from turning.”

Or maybe not?

> 2533274812652989;8:
> Any “two different sides” argument is inherently flawed since it throws people of various beliefs and mindsets together into two monoliths that don’t even come close to truly representing how the situation is. You really believe you have one side of defenders and one side of people who never compromise? Come on now, it isn’t that simple. Those kinds of people are the extreme outliers while everybody else fits within a spectrum. I can criticize a lot of the story choices 343 Industries made while still giving them praise for Halo 5’s Sanghelios missions, use of Fireteam Osiris, Halo: Mythos, Halo: Fractures, and more. Yet I will not hesitate to call them out for lying about their product and being pretty darn silent about Halo 5 and the response it has gotten as far as its story goes.

The wisdom is strong.

In this matter Halo is a microcosm of any divisive, hot button issue in life. This wisdom can be applied to most social issues, politics, etc. Sides form specifically because there are in fact two perfectly good ways of looking at most things and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle; unfortunately people Balkanize far too quickly based on the first side to which they were personally exposed, their minds are subsequently closed completely to hearing the other side at all, and that’s the end of it.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> Any “two different sides” argument is inherently flawed since it throws people of various beliefs and mindsets together into two monoliths that don’t even come close to truly representing how the situation is. You really believe you have one side of defenders and one side of people who never compromise? Come on now, it isn’t that simple. Those kinds of people are the extreme outliers while everybody else fits within a spectrum. I can criticize a lot of the story choices 343 Industries made while still giving them praise for Halo 5’s Sanghelios missions, use of Fireteam Osiris, Halo: Mythos, Halo: Fractures, and more. Yet I will not hesitate to call them out for lying about their product and being pretty darn silent about Halo 5 and the response it has gotten as far as its story goes.

That’s why the nature of unorthodox exists, you don’t have to be within those lines. That’s the point of my post, that’s why I ask people about that middle ground and as I said in my OP, those are people I labeled are only part of the groups but don’t make up all of them. It would be crazy to think that every thing is water and sand.
I clearly don’t think that way since simply from the nature of my post.

It’s meant to single out the radicals and call out those who aren’t to hopefully find something to temper each sides zealots. Otherwise images will keep getting distorted and nor progress will be made.

> 2533274884722193;3:
> In a way, we are “forced” to work together. You can work together with the community and developers while you continue to play Halo, or you can stop and leave. The difference is what work people think should be done. To some, the Halo franchise needs a heavy hand to make Microsoft/343i understand that today’s Halo content does not live up to their expectations. To others, 343i is doing well and they don’t want any big changes.
>
> These two sides both getting their message across is them working together, I think. Not everything has to be presented as a shade of grey where the people who hate 343i need to give a list of things they like along with the list of things they don’t, and likewise those who love 343i’s games don’t need to try and look for flaws to balance out their enjoyment.
>
> It’s up to 343i to look at the big picture, and both sides, however polar opposite, are part of that big picture and are important contributors to Halo’s future.
>
> Compromising is great when it’s possible, but when you’re dealing with this many people it’s just not reasonable to expect it. No one is going to accept “Okay 343i, you can keep X in the game if we can take out Y”, because in this large a community every single possible X and Y are going to be a major part of many people’s opinion of the game and be that one thing which they won’t compromise on, even if they would be willing to compromise on a hundred other things. Discussions of compromise only work within small groups, hence why it’s just up to 343i to sift through everything that’s being said. That’s also why everything that can be said should be said, no matter how far to one side or the other a person is on the love/hate spectrum.
>
> Obviously, all feedback is best given respectfully and best directed at actual points of discussion about the games and not the people making or playing them. Even the people who are too immature to do that, though, can have something to contribute to the conversation. So rather than encouraging people to change how they look at things, or try and meet in the middle, I’d rather encourage people to change how they state their opinion and how they convey the way they see things to others. In the end, the more feedback the better, although the less whining and less dogmatic fervor that feedback is tangled in the better. That’s the responsibility of the individual, though, and isn’t a matter of cooperation.
>
> What Halo 5 is praised for came out of complaints from Halo 4, so I’d say the complaints were good. The backward steps Halo 5 took seem to have been because the complaints drowned out everything else, though, so I’d say more praise would have been good. We need both, but it’s not up to individual people to provide both at the same time.
>
> The common ground is we all want what’s best for Halo, no matter what each person thinks that “best” looks like. In that sense, it begins and ends with each person, regardless of stance on issues, just taking time out of their day to participate in the community.

What you’ve basically said is that since everyone has an opinion everyone should be compensated. Sadly while I think we’d all like that, we’re not machines. Sad but as of of right now it’s not possible to do that. While there are alot of perspectives even some that would truly make halo great again the problem doesn’t lie with them, it lies within the radicals of each group, those unwilling to shake hands.

I’m not asking people to change in anyway I’m asking them to stop shooting.

I will call out both companies that made halo games for bad decisions,but Imo 343 has made way more mistakes and have alienated more halo fans then bungie has

Neither. I’m with the Banished.