Community slayer

i need help here. does anyone know how to submit maps for community slayer? i would really like to submit a few of mine. if anyone knows that would be great. thanx

> i need help here. does anyone know how to submit maps for community slayer? i would really like to submit a few of mine. if anyone knows that would be great. thanx

The maps in the Community Slayer playlist are the standouts from Bungie’s Forgetacular contest from a few months back. That contest is already closed. Community Slayer includes some of the winners, some of the runner ups, and also (I believe) some popular maps from Forge Hub.

The best way currently to get a map into matchmaking is to get as many people as possible to download it and like it. As the map increases in circulation and popularity, it becomes more likely that Bungie may notice it. Atom was singled out by Bungie in this way and was the first community made map to be implemented into matchmaking.

I hope this helps with your question, any further questions you might have feel free to contact me with them and I will try my best to give you an appropiate answer.

hey man thanx a ton. all my friends already like them so thats a good start right.

Hey Dread, I wanted to bring this to your attention as well. In a recent-ish Bungie Weekly Update, Bungie talked about having employed a team of fan-based Community Cartographers across various sites on the net who are charged with helping look for community-forged maps to potentially be included in matchmaking playlists in the future. Here it is in their words:

“Also on the community map making front, we’ve recently engaged upstanding members of the community to help us continue to discover, test, and showcase the very best community maps. Selected from multiple community haunts, these contributors weren’t necessarily chosen for their Forge abilities (though there are some savants among them), but rather for their leadership abilities, community involvement, and their willingness to straight up bribe me with cold, hard cash. Late this week, we deployed them into the field.”

You’ll find CC’s lurking about in places like the HBO (halo.bungie.org) forums and HaloGAF. My advice to you is to keep on doing what you’re doing, and expose your maps to as many people as possible. If nothing else, you will have provided a lot of people with some great gaming moments, and make some awesome new friends. :slight_smile:

Best of luck, bro,

<3
Grim