Community playdates in Europe and other countries

I am a little bit annoyed that people outside of west-coast US cannot join these games, due to how the game chooses the closest server with the lowest ping for the devs who are based in Washington (I think?). I know it’s just an emblem/nameplate but it seems like 99% of halo infinite players can never have a chance to get it. I would really love to have a decent chance to play with the employees and also get the rewards! I spent the entire 2 hours watching the stream but obviously I am based in Europe so the game never connected me to the match they were playing.

Can we please make some changes so people from other countries can participate too? There are a couple of ways this can be done for example adding an in-game server browser and creating a dedicated server for play dates that anyone can join, or creating a specific playlist for play dates or even taking people’s gamer tags and inviting them into the lobby.

If there are no plans to do this, please change the message on future tweets to say that only west-coast players are eligible to join.

CC @Unyshek

1 Like

I live in the US; however, I work at 11am PT. It really doesn’t suit anybody quite honestly.

I want to play with the employees too, but not for the rewards. I just want to tea-bag them.

Yeah, it’s so restrictive that almost no one can join due to the timing and location restrictions. It’s a shame it’s called a “community” play date when most members of the so called “community” simply cannot join these games.

All I’m asking for is making it fair, so anyone around the world can attempt to join (even if their ping is high). Whether they actually get in or not will depend on luck, but at least everyone has a decent chance at it.

1 Like

If you think 2 pm on a workday is catering to people in America, than you didn’t think the post through

1 Like

I’m a little biased because I’m in Europe so for me it’s evening, haha. But as I mentioned in my previous post I agree that the timing doesn’t work for everyone. It would be great if they did multiple of these events at different times, and obviously let everyone around the world get a chance to try their luck at joining the game.

2 Likes

Due to timezones, sbmm and regions there’s gonna be a lot of players that have slim to no chance of ever pairing with them. I did try, but being in Europe the chances were extremely slim. Enjoyed playing some BTB.

I saw in the stream that @Farsight_360 matched with them, good job fella.

2 Likes

They should just make it a twitch drop, that way everyone who likes Halo and want to watch the stream and play, can get this emblem.
I think it’s a little bit lame to reward people for randomly joining their game session.

1 Like

I think the goal is to make the emblem/nameplate exclusive, which is OK. However if only people who live in west coast USA can have a chance at getting it and the other 99.9% of the people around the world can’t then I think that’s quite unfair.

2 Likes