Community needs a beta not professional

We the community need a beta dont give special alpha testing to celebrities and mlg allstars. We the community find the craziest glitches for you like we did in reach. We can provide good feedback if you give us about 2 or 3 week of a beta we make youtube videos about the glitches we find we can tell you how we personally feel about the new guns and fetures and halo 5 needs a beta for the community 343i please make a beta.

I agree.

Beta’s are not for game balancing or glitch finding, betas are for stress testing code.

> Beta’s are not for game balancing or glitch finding, betas are for stress testing code.

Betas are for balancing and bug tests, alphas are for making sure the game actually functions.

> the community find the craziest glitches for you like we did in reach.

The community doesn’t find glitches.

The community doesn’t stand in a single room, jumping up and down while slightly turning after each jump to make sure that the room loaded correctly. They don’t fire off rockets into backgrounds to make sure that they explode correctly.

Betas, Open Betas like you are talking about, are glorified MP Demos.

And they take lots of resources to run.

> > the community find the craziest glitches for you like we did in reach.
>
> The community doesn’t find glitches.
>
> The community doesn’t stand in a single room, jumping up and down while slightly turning after each jump to make sure that the room loaded correctly. They don’t fire off rockets into backgrounds to make sure that they explode correctly.
>
> Betas, Open Betas like you are talking about, are glorified MP Demos.
>
> And they take lots of resources to run.

I agree. The reality is, players don’t want a beta because they want to help the developer test the game and make it better. Mind you, there are exceptions, but those exceptions aren’t the ones specifically asking for a beta. The primary reason why a beta is wanted is because the players want to play the game early, and because some might think that they would actually be of some use in making the game better.

Of course there are exceptions to this such as indie developers on PC who can afford to release the full game in beta or even alpha out to the public and actually get some help. But they don’t need to lock away content they don’t want to be accessed, they don’t need to worry about hurting the game’s reputation by releasing an unfinished version to people, many of whom might not understand what “beta” means.

I’d be happy to play an open beta of any game I could, but I completely understand why developers won’t necessarily want to do it. I don’t believe in most players actually going and reporting glitches if they find such. I don’t believe in players’ opinions on gameplay making so much difference that it would actually matter. Overall, I don’t think having a public beta just for the sake of having a public beta can make any game better. The end result is very much a coin toss in the triple-A space.

> > the community find the craziest glitches for you like we did in reach.
>
> The community doesn’t find glitches.
>
> The community doesn’t stand in a single room, jumping up and down while slightly turning after each jump to make sure that the room loaded correctly. They don’t fire off rockets into backgrounds to make sure that they explode correctly.
>
> Betas, Open Betas like you are talking about, are glorified MP Demos.
>

And the sheer volume of players brought in by this make it much more likely that overlooked glitches and exploits will be found. Better to find them in beta than after release, raising the need for a title update.

I understand a beta would cost a lot of resources and money but halo is getting its on tv show Microsoft favors halo because it helped the first xbox jump start so microsoft would give 343 as much money as they wanted. I want a beta to give feedback and makesure 343 do it right I love halo 4 but we all can agree it had a rough start so I want to make sure halo 5 dosent have the same rough start as halo 4.

You can say what you want to say, but if the competitive community is happy, the majority will be happy.

You may not be a SEMI or a PRO, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want a competitive game. Trust me, you do or it’ll get old JUST LIKE REACH and HALO 4 was… Halo 4, since the TU is now a game I can turn on and play more than 2-3 games and not get bored with. They changes that makes this so came from the COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY, not the people that play for fun.

The competitive side is the one that needs to have their voice heard, look what happened when they went for “FUN, FLASHY and NEW”? Nothing, good came from any of it.

I work with integration groups all the time on production lines, you don’t ask the person paying the bill what they THINK they want. You find the person on the production/manufacturing line what they NEED.

The competitive community NEEDs a few things to keep the gaming holding your attention and wanting you to play more.

The game doesn’t need something just because you THINK it needs it.

Less is generally more.

And the sheer volume of players brought in by this make it much more likely that overlooked glitches and exploits will be found. Better to find them in beta than after release, raising the need for a title update.
[/quote]
Double-edged sword.

If the BETA is crap, just like Reach’s look at how many people DID NOT buy the game because of the BETA… I personally know at least 10 hardcore Halo fans that never bought Reach because of the BETA.

> > Double-edged sword.
> >
> > If the BETA is crap, just like Reach’s look at how many people DID NOT buy the game because of the BETA… I personally know at least 10 hardcore Halo fans that never bought Reach because of the BETA.
>
> What?
>
> From what I’ve heard the beta was better than the released game.

Im not saying get rid of the professionals still hold beta testing for professionals like the MLG and others but still give us your community an open beta to provide feedback for you. 343i you cant just look at this from the eyes of the professionals and pro gamers you have to here what we casuals have to say aswell.

> Im not saying get rid of the professionals still hold beta testing for professionals like the MLG and others but still give us your community an open beta to provide feedback for you. 343i you cant just look at this from the eyes of the professionals and pro gamers you have to here what we casuals have to say aswell.

Casual opinions on game balance do not really matter.

Casuals do not strategize or work as a team. Therefore, they have a very flawed perception on what is potentially imbalanced, and what can easily be abused at higher levels of play.

A Heavy rush in TF2 seems overpowered to a group of uncoordinated casuals. But it is quite easily dealt with by a competent team who has medics and communication.

If you are referring to bug testing, then that is fine.

> Im not saying get rid of the professionals still hold beta testing for professionals like the MLG and others but still give us your community an open beta to provide feedback for you. 343i you cant just look at this from the eyes of the professionals and pro gamers you have to here what we casuals have to say aswell.

Not just casuals, but custom gamers, forgers, BTB players, Flood/Infection players, Campaign players, etc.

Thinking that just letting the MLG Pros beta test the game will make the game perfect is nothing but foolish.

Considering its a new architecture the devs are dealing with, along with new technology, an alpha for multiplayer to see how much the game can take with alot more then 16 players and/or bigger/more dynamic enviornments would be cool.

As such test would require alot of time and resources it would be up most benefitical. But considering how this is Microsoft the publisher that we are dealing with and this is 343i who said before Halo 4 came out that they were going to prioritize title updates, I don’t think its going to happen.

Heres what I picture happening: The game comes out in 2015 or at the earliest holiday 2014 if their feeling ballsy, and there will be issues with the game which they will rectify over time with title updates after they release dlc to keep players playing.

> > > Double-edged sword.
> > >
> > > If the BETA is crap, just like Reach’s look at how many people DID NOT buy the game because of the BETA… I personally know at least 10 hardcore Halo fans that never bought Reach because of the BETA.
> >
> > What?
> >
> > From what I’ve heard the beta was better than the released game.
>
> It was. The Armor Abilities were far more balanced and the ranking system wasn’t as much of a -Yoink!-.
>
> That being said, after Halo 4 I want to see a Beta for the next massive game. I don’t mind them releasing a side game like ODST or something but if it’s one of the games where the Multiplayer is massive then I want to see what I’m buying.
>
> I’m not willing to throw money at 343 if the result is going to be the same or even worse than Halo 4 was at launch.

I am referring to bug testing pro gamers just make sure the guns are balanced to their liking and how the maps are and if there good but they dont really look for bugs and glitches like we do. Sure 343 have their own team to test for bugs but you can never expect what the community might find.

> > > Double-edged sword.
> > >
> > > If the BETA is crap, just like Reach’s look at how many people DID NOT buy the game because of the BETA… I personally know at least 10 hardcore Halo fans that never bought Reach because of the BETA.
> >
> > What?
> >
> > From what I’ve heard the beta was better than the released game.
>
> it still sucked, it wasn’t Halo anymore.
>
> It turned into a “I’ll let my friend buy it then I’ll try it” Then they never bought it, or the friend sold it for cheap because they hated it.

Agreed.