Community Maps spawning is a joke

The entire time I had played the Community Maps I had not enjoyed it at all. I had players spawning 25 feet away from me every single time I killed them and I barely had time to regenerate my shields (what does that say about fairness?). I had just killed the same guy 2 times and he spawned right to the side of me in the same spot not to mention others constantly. I was able to farm them but only for so long because of the lag but that is just plain ridiculous. If I’m ever going to accept playing these let alone consider them ready for Halo 4 matchmaking somebody has really got to fix those spawns.

Now I haven’t played every map in the Community Maps but I have played most and I’m finding them all with similar problems. Another thing I spawned at the beginning of the game next to a Rocket Launcher. Who in their right mind is accepting this crap as playable content?

I agree.
There is too little order as well.

I do agree spawns are not the best. I spawned to see a guy walk past me ltiteraly a foot from my face. It IS hard to create good spawning on forge maps through, one of the hardest things to do. I applauded their work, the maps mostly look good. To defend the map creators, where are your maps so they can judge them?

Main stage forge maps no matter their flashy looks require balance if they should even make it. If it really is that hard to allocate a proper spawning system then how was there no significant problems with spawning on the previous community forge maps?

Assualt looks great in sight, but spawns are horrendous. Other maps have the same problem, but there are a handful of maps I haven’t tried yet, so I’ll check them out later.

I absolutely hate all community made map spawns, it’s like their maps are ok then they have simultaneous brain farts when it comes to spawns.

I only ever seem to see spawning problems on underdeveloped maps with inexperienced creators. There should be no acceptance of these maps into matchmaking until the spawns in them are balanced. If you’re happy with this randomness put them into action sack but as far as I’m concerned they are not fit for matchmaking if I can sit there all day and farm kills from the same places.

So I tried viewing theater mode to see what it was. I saw is that the guy who won most often used grenade flurry and tried getting to a high spot where he could just have a view on people fighting below and all that. Chasing often got him killed.

Personally I’m more of a, in the battle than a, I’ll stand back and shoot. This new FFA is basically vulture kills and grenade spam.

Yeah at first when i heard they were putting in a FFA playlist I was pretty excited but after playing it today, well lets just say I no longer have a TV… The maps look really good but there is too much inside of it. The spawns are terrible and everything in this playlist seems to be retardedly chaotic. Going from an 80% W/L ratio in Reach to I think around 3/11 because of the poor spawning system where you cant even get four shots off before someone is right behind, I might as well play an octagon match. I would say the gametypes are good but honestly, the fact that that comes to mind is a sign the 343 screwed up big time.

> Yeah at first when i heard they were putting in a FFA playlist I was pretty excited but after playing it today, well lets just say I no longer have a TV… The maps look really good but there is too much inside of it. The spawns are terrible and everything in this playlist seems to be retardedly chaotic. Going from an 80% W/L ratio in Reach to I think around 3/11 because of the poor spawning system where you cant even get four shots off before someone is right behind, I might as well play an octagon match. I would say the gametypes are good but honestly, the fact that that comes to mind is a sign the 343 screwed up big time.

To me it seems like when they pump out content they are pushing it out almost only from a casual viewpoint. Not giving it much of a thought when it comes to competitive play or balance in general. I don’t mean to be harsh but to make a game fun and worth trying in is a game that requires fairness. We can only hope they fix it before the April TU; Until then expect that playlist to die sooner or later.

THEY ARE COMMUNITY MAPS

of course they are not going to be perfect, and I haven’t seen any problems with them

…and this is why i like to say away from Community Maps.

> > Yeah at first when i heard they were putting in a FFA playlist I was pretty excited but after playing it today, well lets just say I no longer have a TV… The maps look really good but there is too much inside of it. The spawns are terrible and everything in this playlist seems to be retardedly chaotic. Going from an 80% W/L ratio in Reach to I think around 3/11 because of the poor spawning system where you cant even get four shots off before someone is right behind, I might as well play an octagon match. I would say the gametypes are good but honestly, the fact that that comes to mind is a sign the 343 screwed up big time.
>
> To me it seems like when they pump out content they are pushing it out almost only from a casual viewpoint. Not giving it much of a thought when it comes to competitive play or balance in general. I don’t mean to be harsh but to make a game fun and worth trying in is a game that requires fairness. We can only hope they fix it before the April TU; Until then expect that playlist to die sooner or later.

Well honeslty halo 4 is going to die before that playlist dies. We are at just barely 10% of the population that played at launch. And significantly less than the amount that played at the end of reach. its kind of sad how a company can mess up so bad on something so simple, especially when all people were asking for were a slightly modified version of halo 2/3