Community Maps in TS and BTB [Opinion Thread]

Hello, and good day to you all. I was playing Big Team Battle last night in Halo Reach, and all of the vote options came up with a community member made map. Personally, I like the gameplay on those maps, but I really want to get a match on Spire or Boneyard. The same thing happens in TS. Don’t get me wrong, the community made maps are very nice, but I get sick and tired of always playing on a “grey” map. Couldn’t we just have a BTB Community and a TS Community playlist? What do you all think? Should 343 separate the community maps from the original maps?

> Hello, and good day to you all. I was playing Big Team Battle last night in Halo Reach, and all of the vote options came up with a community member made map. Personally, I like the gameplay on those maps, but I really want to get a match on Spire or Boneyard. The same thing happens in TS. Don’t get me wrong, the community made maps are very nice, but I get sick and tired of always playing on a “grey” map. Couldn’t we just have a BTB Community and a TS Community playlist? What do you all think? Should 343 separate the community maps from the original maps?

There are some community made maps in BTB that are really good. Maps like Trident, Wayont, but there are some maps that are just god awful like Utopie. Maybe im wrong but i prefer Paradiso to it for the simple fact it was more balanced and had the scorpion tank. Now with Utopie one side can dominate with the Banshee.

One playlist that has become unplayable is Double Team. All of the maps you will play are custom maps that were not playtested. One map in particular, Select, has no neutral spawns and allows, very easily, for one team to spawn trap.

> > Hello, and good day to you all. I was playing Big Team Battle last night in Halo Reach, and all of the vote options came up with a community member made map. Personally, I like the gameplay on those maps, but I really want to get a match on Spire or Boneyard. The same thing happens in TS. Don’t get me wrong, the community made maps are very nice, but I get sick and tired of always playing on a “grey” map. Couldn’t we just have a BTB Community and a TS Community playlist? What do you all think? Should 343 separate the community maps from the original maps?
>
> There are some community made maps in BTB that are really good. Maps like Trident, Wayont, but there are some maps that are just god awful like Utopie. Maybe im wrong but i prefer Paradiso to it for the simple fact it was more balanced and had the scorpion tank. Now with Utopie one side can dominate with the Banshee.
>
> One playlist that has become unplayable is Double Team. All of the maps you will play are custom maps that were not playtested. One map in particular, Select, has no neutral spawns and allows, very easily, for one team to spawn trap.

I am in total agreement that some community maps are very well made. My personal favorite is Think Twice. However, I really like Spire and Boneyard, and its a shame that they have become very rare to play on due to the flood of community maps, some are good, and others are god awful. Also, and maybe it’s just me, but all of the community maps are grey because of the forge pieces, and it really becomes dull and boring after a while.

I’m very happy with the selection of maps now. I’d like more of course but as it is, a night might feel repetitive with how the selections fall, but no 2 nights are alike. That is great for me.

I would like to see more community made maps actually. Although I see you’re point. I think Boneyard never comes up enough and when it does it’s always a crap game type. Spire is terrible though, campers and power weapons/vehicles etc, absolute awful.

Boneyard is only good for snipers and one flag, Spire’s awful for everything. I don’t know why you would want to play those.

The problem is most of the community maps (in matchmaking) are just not good. The only ones I really like are Trident, Synapse, Precipice, and Affinity (not for 4v4 slayer though). Thing is, there’s plenty of great community maps out there that just don’t get exposure, so we’re stuck with crap like Rebirth and Select.

Having DLC required in certain playlists (BTB, arena) would go a long way toward fixing this problem, but noooooo.

Scratch your disk where forge world is located.

How about throwing some of the Team Classic forge maps into regular Reach playlists? Team Classic is getting an overhaul anyway when the TU and Anniversary maps come around so I don’t think we’ll be seeing it as a community playlist anymore.

Also, why haven’t we seen any Tempest forge maps yet in MM? They have much better framerate than FW maps.