Community Halo Reach Map Fixes in the Title Update

No matter how good the game mechanics are, bad maps will destroy the multiplayer. Even in previous halo games their were maps that literally ruined gameplay. But, halo reach has very little to offer in terms of great maps. Zealot and Reflection are the only maps that I believe could be considered good maps. For the title update, we need 343 to take the maps into high consideration.

####For this thread I want people to name one map they dislike and post solutions for it. ######One map only please.

My Fix

Construct

1. Get Rid of Shotgun and Sword. The map has too many corners for those sort of weapons to be on the map.
  2. Replace shotty with a nade launcher
  3. Put a Sniper where sword current is at.
  4. Place the death cannon where rockets are on the mlg playlist.

Reflection is an awful map. Too much action is concentrated in one area (balcony) and red team has a clear advantage over blue team off spawn. Also, the grenades don’t even bounce on the hardwood.

Terrible map.

> Reflection is an awful map. Too much action is concentrated in one area (balcony) and red team has a clear advantage over blue team off spawn. Also, the grenades don’t even bounce on the hardwood.
>
> Terrible map.

All they have to do is move weapons spawns and even switch up team spawns a bit and things would be fine.

clearly the maps suck and are very prone to jetpacking and crouching. Can you please list a map and its fixes though? Reflection isn’t perfect but compared to how bad the other maps are it is.

Okay, adding a Soft Kill Zone to Zealot was a very good fix, but Bungie should have EASILY guessed that people would camp up there once they gained the lead. Again, something that was needlessly shipped broken.

Powerhouse is one of Reach’s better maps and I’m not certain if Bungie has made any edits to it.

The Cage shipped broken, and they had to release a whole new iteration because the original was horrible. Uncaged still sucks, but it’s a bit better.

Bungie’s mapmaking abilities are gone. We’ll see if 343i/Certain Affinity/whoever can do better for Halo 4.

Yeah, people should vote for only a few community maps that go to matchmaking each month or so. Most of the maps have horrible weapon spawns as-well as vehicle. I really dislike community maps, because they all look the same; green scenery with different placing of the gray piece in each one. And WTF is going on with Hemmorage. It is complete and utter garbage. Bring back the Halo 2 Style Coagulation were there was equal amounts of vehicles to counter each other and a rocket launcher in the middle. The plasma launcher in hemmorage made me want to kill myself, and the lack of banshees or guass warthogs in it. Vehicles on Coagulation was what made it so fun and diverse. Hemmorage has no diversity, and the wraith being the tank on the map is not that great, as some people would like to see a scorpion now and then. That map was all about BTB slayer in vehicle form, not this 4v4 no vehicle felling it gives now.

Trident, Abriged, Best Maps.

Please people can you post a map and the fixes you would suggest for it. I am a strong believer in doubles maps being way different. If you want to make a special doubles set up for a map that would be great. Don’t talk to the people who just posted because they get WAY off topic. Just post to the original topic. If it is constructive disagree with what someone has said and post WHY? Maps are a big issue and I wish people would give more input. I have suggestions for every map. But the point of this thread is to get the opinions of many people on what maps are fixable, what maps are broken, and what maps don’t deserve to be on the game. I don’t want to act like my opinions are the way.