Community Funded DLC?

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst58462_KickStart-Funding-for-Halo-Wars-DLC--HW2.aspx

Please vote!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

As fond as I am of occasionally living with my head in the clouds (there’s still a chance that Firefly will come back!), I think it’s important to recognise a lost cause when you see one. Even if they had the funding, I doubt whether many of the employees at 343 Industries want to spend the required amount of time familiarising themselves with an older game in order to craft new content for it.

Who said it has to be 343?

Robot made the DLC for Halo Wars…

> Who said it has to be 343?
>
> Robot made the DLC for Halo Wars…

My apologies for the inaccuracy, but I think the concept still applies. Likely everyone involved in the development of Halo Wars has moved on by this point.

> > Who said it has to be 343?
> >
> > Robot made the DLC for Halo Wars…
>
> My apologies for the inaccuracy, but I think the concept still applies. Likely everyone involved in the development of Halo Wars has moved on by this point.

This is possible - but hiring select people for a specific duty is not that hard to do. Hell - you can get interns at a fraction of the price of developers to work under a gorup of people that are seniors and know the tech to build something even bigger than what current funding allows.

It is feasible I believe hole heartedly.

I would go for it, maybe not for Halo Wars, but for future Halo projects. Halo Wars 2? Sure, but not for the current game no one plays. (Even though its fun).

> This is possible - but hiring select people for a specific duty is not that hard to do. Hell - you can get interns at a fraction of the price of developers to work under a gorup of people that are seniors and know the tech to build something even bigger than what current funding allows.

You’re correct, and I concede the point. I hope the effort is successful; it will set a wonderful precedent if it is. Good luck.

The largest issue I see with this, is someone is going to donate a massive amount money on a condition that they get to oversee things and make certain decisions. In which case it leaves whatever happens to the highest bidder.

http://www.robotentertainment.com/Forums/Robot-Entertainment/Topic

NO…

This would be a community discussion as a whole.

Polls would determine everything. Everyone who put money in would get a say. The dollar amount wouldn’t matter.

A person who put down 5 dollars would get as much as me for fronting the first Grand.

Please don’t make threads to advertise other threads.

> Please don’t make threads to advertise other threads.

Is there a rule for that?

> > Please don’t make threads to advertise other threads.
>
> Is there a rule for that?

Well at the very least, it’s off topic (Halo 4 forums and all) but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen similar things marked as spam.