Community Forge Wishlist

Basically, I just want to hear what everyone else wants out of Forge, as well as get some of my own ideas out there and hope that this forum can be of help to make Forge even better for everyone (which 343 is doing an amazing job with, keep it up guys!)
Just fire off anything you would like no matter how impossible it may seem, maybe someone will address our requests :wink:

- Terrain Editting.

- Edit object hierarchy (edit things such as vehicle weapons.)
Example. Say that you spawn a Warthog and you want something other than the chaingun and you want to replace it with something like a Fuel Rod Cannon; or even change what you are shooting out of the gun mounted, like a Gauss Cannon that shot out exploding shotgun shells (You could have an option for exploding ammo.)

- Object Spawning with spawning options.
Example. You could spawn a warthog in a location and set it up to drive into the wall whenever it spawned, set up how fast you want it to go and if its indestructable or has low health. If you had a trigger option you could set it up to go off whenever a player walked over it, and you could set it up to go off every time or at random times.

- Forge Matchmaking Server
Example. Basically its a spin off of regular matchmaking but tailored to finished and functioning player created maps. Could be set up in a way that you host and join individual rooms.

- Triggers and Consequences (A way to get certain events to activate.

- Spawn Waves (Think firefight.)

- Customizable Particles (Set up an animation for fire, hail, storms, tornado, comet, meteor, weapon effects, lightning striking the ground, lava, insert more animations to this endless list here.)

I realize that to implement most of these ideas immediately within Halo 4 would be seemingly impossible. Howver, I thought that it would be nice to hear about if we could ever expect anything like this in a future version of Forge. Or even a computer program version of Forge with more flexible options.

If I’m missing anything here I would love to hear from other members in the community ^^

Just to say, the game goes gold in early September, bit too late for these suggestions.

I do understand that, I want to know if we can expect to see some of these more complex ideas included within the next version of Forge. I want to know how possible these ideas and what ideas other people can come up with is all. I also thought that version updates to the game could contain minor add-ons for Halo 4 Forge to make it better and get a better idea of how players would respond to said material. Does that make a little more sense?

> I do understand that, I want to know if we can expect to see some of these more complex ideas included within the next version of Forge. I want to know how possible these ideas and what ideas other people can come up with is all. I also thought that version updates to the game could contain minor add-ons for Halo 4 Forge to make it better and get a better idea of how players would respond to said material. Does that make a little more sense?

The likely hood of the Forge being updated is little to none, you could always suggest it for Halo 5.

For Halo 5:

I want basically an updated amount of items that were in Reach all gray, but be able to change the material it is made of, so I could pick sand, or red stone, rather than gray metal.

I want weather and time settings! Come on!

I want a better selection of nature items, like trees and maybe water if they can do it.

I think it would be cool if they made a map editor for Windows called like Halo Forge where you could completely make a map and upload it into the game, just an idea.

I said future versions of Forge, which would imply Halo 5 so long as it had Forge.

I wish somehow they could make it so you could put more stuff in the maps. Idk if they should make it so you can put as much stuff as you want in, because then it would probably lag or something, it’s just annoying when I’m editing a map and I run out of stuff that I can put in it.

> For Halo 5:
>
> I want basically an updated amount of items that were in Reach all gray, but be able to change the material it is made of, so I could pick sand, or red stone, rather than gray metal.
>
> I think it would be cool if they made a map editor for Windows called like Halo Forge where you could completely make a map and upload it into the game, just an idea.

I thought that a Windows editor would be a great idea :slight_smile:
It would be much more flexible I imagine. I also really like your idea about material editting…

> Basically, I just want to hear what everyone else wants out of Forge, as well as get some of my own ideas out there and hope that this forum can be of help to make Forge even better for everyone (which 343 is doing an amazing job with, keep it up guys!)
> Just fire off anything you would like no matter how impossible it may seem, maybe someone will address our requests :wink:
>
> - Terrain Editting.
>
> - Edit object hierarchy (edit things such as vehicle weapons.)
> Example. Say that you spawn a Warthog and you want something other than the chaingun and you want to replace it with something like a Fuel Rod Cannon; or even change what you are shooting out of the gun mounted, like a Gauss Cannon that shot out exploding shotgun shells (You could have an option for exploding ammo.)
>
> - Object Spawning with spawning options.
> Example. You could spawn a warthog in a location and set it up to drive into the wall whenever it spawned, set up how fast you want it to go and if its indestructable or has low health. If you had a trigger option you could set it up to go off whenever a player walked over it, and you could set it up to go off every time or at random times.
>
> - Forge Matchmaking Server
> Example. Basically its a spin off of regular matchmaking but tailored to finished and functioning player created maps. Could be set up in a way that you host and join individual rooms.
>
> - Triggers and Consequences (A way to get certain events to activate.
>
> - Spawn Waves (Think firefight.)
>
> - Customizable Particles (Set up an animation for fire, hail, storms, tornado, comet, meteor, weapon effects, lightning striking the ground, lava, insert more animations to this endless list here.)
>
> I realize that to implement most of these ideas immediately within Halo 4 would be seemingly impossible. Howver, I thought that it would be nice to hear about if we could ever expect anything like this in a future version of Forge. Or even a computer program version of Forge with more flexible options.
>
> If I’m missing anything here I would love to hear from other members in the community ^^

Your my new best friend!

> - Terrain Editting.

Not going to happen, please look at Halo CE’s and Halo 2 PC’s map editors before you go suggesting terrain editing.

Also keep in mind, there are some features that really don’t fit in forge as a Map editor but should go into a tool known as a Map creator.
Terrain Editing and AIs are such features that should be left out of Forge, and kept in Map creators.

> I wish somehow they could make it so you could put more stuff in the maps. Idk if they should make it so you can put as much stuff as you want in, because then it would probably lag or something, it’s just annoying when I’m editing a map and I run out of stuff that I can put in it.

Maybe a good way around that would be to take away limitations from groups (The way it tells you you can have say 40 bridge pieces but only 8 buildings.) and just classify all the objects under one limit of somewhere of about 4,000 objects, that may be too high but I’ll just gonna roll with that lol.

> > - Terrain Editting.
>
> Not going to happen, please look at Halo CE’s and Halo 2 PC’s map editors before you go suggesting terrain editing.
>
> Also keep in mind, there are some features that really don’t fit in forge as a Map editor but should go into a tool known as a Map creator.
> Terrain Editing and AIs are such features that should be left out of Forge, and kept in Map creators.

I see no reason why not. AI is present within firefight, and those are multiplayer maps. I think it would make sense that users are capable of creating a firefight map if they chose to if it were possible.

As for terrain editing, select a Forge map and just edit it from there. Who says that Forging can’t be full fledged map editing, I figured that would have been part of the goal anyways. That kind of toolset would give Forging a lot more purpose and play, which means that players would be more involved with Forge because they had more freedom. That just makes sense to me though.

Edit: Terrain editting could also use preset objects included by 343 within the Forge menu rather than a tool that is similar to Far Cry’s map editor.

Night and day

Glass. Large and small sheets of glass of varying sizes and shapes. All breakable.

Don’t forget Terminals!