Community Concerns regarding #Halo4Turbo

While the latest update is truly spectacular, there are a few issues that need addressing moreso now with the faster overall speed of the game.

  • The current shield recharge delay in Halo 4 is 6 seconds. Halo: CE had a 5 second delay and Halos 2, 3, and ODST had a 4.25 second delay. The only game with a 6 second delay is Halo: Reach and that is CLEARLY slower paced than Halo 4.

Perhaps a recharge delay of around 4.5 would work better under the current conditions?

  • The SAW, while a power weapon, is kind of over-powered. A SMALL damage or ammo nerf seems to be needed as it is frequently the preferred option when faced with a selection between power weapons of that class.

  • The DMR can have 15 rounds considering the BR can pull off a triple now.

> While the latest update is truly spectacular, there are a few issues that need addressing moreso now with the faster overall speed of the game.
>
> - The current shield recharge delay in Halo 4 is 6 seconds. Halo: CE had a 5 second delay and Halos 2, 3, and ODST had a 4.25 second delay. The only game with a 6 second delay is Halo: Reach and that is CLEARLY slower paced than Halo 4.
>
> Perhaps a recharge delay of around 4.5 would work better under the current conditions?
>
> - The SAW, while a power weapon, is kind of over-powered. A SMALL damage or ammo nerf seems to be needed as it is frequently the preferred option when faced with a selection between power weapons of that class.
>
> - The DMR can have 15 rounds considering the BR can pull off a triple now.

Totally agree on the shield recharge delay. It should definitely be a tad faster than it currently is, especially now since we have the new settings.

I agree that the SAW is slightly OP now. They wanted to keep it relevant after the automatic loadout weapons got buffed so they updated it to maintain double the DPS of the AR. I think the multiplier should be 1.5x as strong instead of 2x, it’s way too crazy now IMO.

As for the third point, I don’t think the DMR really needs it but I don’t really care either way.

Good list.

> While the latest update is truly spectacular, there are a few issues that need addressing moreso now with the faster overall speed of the game.
>
> - The current shield recharge delay in Halo 4 is 6 seconds. Halo: CE had a 5 second delay and Halos 2, 3, and ODST had a 4.25 second delay. The only game with a 6 second delay is Halo: Reach and that is CLEARLY slower paced than Halo 4.
>
> Perhaps a recharge delay of around 4.5 would work better under the current conditions?
>
> <mark>Agreed.</mark>
>
> - The SAW, while a power weapon, is kind of over-powered. A SMALL damage or ammo nerf seems to be needed as it is frequently the preferred option when faced with a selection between power weapons of that class.
>
> <mark>It is a power weapon, that’s what they do…think Fuel Rod Canon, Sniper Rifle, Rockets Launcher…SAW does what it should and perform as it should.</mark>
>
> - The DMR can have 15 rounds considering the BR can pull off a triple now.

<mark>The BR could pull off a triple before the update…and I do not mean in SWAT either, good old regular BTIS and IS! I’m looking formy first Overkill with the new BR, though.</mark>

I think 5 seconds would be fine. If we removed instant respawns the game would feel much less faster. But i doubt that will happen. As for the saw Pre TU it did double damage of the AR and post TU it does double the damage of the new AR. The difference here now is the SAW isn’t so easily dismissed like pre TU. Stay mid range or longer and you should be fine.

I actually always preferred the 12-round magazine the Halo: Reach beta featured for the DMR.

I think I am going to be in the minority by saying this, but I am actually against reducing the shield recharge delay. The fact that there is sprint in this game by default means its already easy to get out of tough situations and avoid death. Reducing the delay would only make it easier for people to just run away and escape death.

If Halo was still a no sprint game I’d be all for this, but as it stands now I think people have enough get out of jail free cards in this game that its not necessary to help them with another.

I have to disagree with the whole list, sorry. Halo 4 allows players to always sprint, and it is pretty annoying taking down their shields and have them run behind a rock and have those shields pump up back again. Halo: Reach was much more fast paced compared to the older Halos, I disagree with it being more slow paced.

Just take Valhalla in Halo 3 for example. You see someone hiding behind the pelican, you take down his shields and he makes a move to get away from the pelican. Without sprint he is toast if the opponent has good aim. The opponent gets a little too excited and misses his shot. the 4 second recharge fits perfectly. In Ragnarok however, a player has sprint so no matter how good your opponents aim is, he can get from cover to cover fairly quickly. A 4.25 second recharge would be fairly annoying.

The DMR is fine in my opinion, if 343 wanted it changed they would. It finally fits all the other weapons and don’t mind other players using it now.

The SAW is powerful, but it just received a slight damage boost to match the double damage per second of the assault rifle since it was boosted. It also has an insane reticle spread unless you pulse it.

Agreed. Reduce the delay, but reduce the speed at which shields recharge as well in order to counter sprinters.

Also, that 110% speed would be better off if it impacted walking speed and not sprint speed. Sprint speed is even more out of whack with walking speed now…

> Also, that 110% speed would be better off if it impacted walking speed and not sprint speed. Sprint speed is even more out of whack with walking speed now…

That and it should be applied towards strafe speed. 110% speed always makes strafe feel inertial and slow IMO.

> > While the latest update is truly spectacular, there are a few issues that need addressing moreso now with the faster overall speed of the game.
> >
> > - The current shield recharge delay in Halo 4 is 6 seconds. Halo: CE had a 5 second delay and Halos 2, 3, and ODST had a 4.25 second delay. The only game with a 6 second delay is Halo: Reach and that is CLEARLY slower paced than Halo 4.
> >
> > Perhaps a recharge delay of around 4.5 would work better under the current conditions?
> >
> > <mark>Agreed.</mark>
> >
> > - The SAW, while a power weapon, is kind of over-powered. A SMALL damage or ammo nerf seems to be needed as it is frequently the preferred option when faced with a selection between power weapons of that class.
> >
> > <mark>It is a power weapon, that’s what they do…think Fuel Rod Canon, Sniper Rifle, Rockets Launcher…SAW does what it should and perform as it should.</mark>
> >
> > - The DMR can have 15 rounds considering the BR can pull off a triple now.
>
> <mark>The BR could pull off a triple before the update…and I do not mean in SWAT either, good old regular BTIS and IS! I’m looking formy first Overkill with the new BR, though.</mark>

The BR could NOT pull off a triple against 3, fully shielded enemies before the update without reloading. If you did not have dexterity, then you couldn’t pull off a triple with it.

Also it’s a problem when I’m debating between the SAW and the Incineration Cannon. I think of the SAW as the UNSCs more powerful needler. Since the needler has the explosive trait, the SAW has more ammo and slightly more power. HOWEVER, the current SAW BLOWS AWAY the needler!

I agree with shielding. The speed of the action has increased considerably, so recharge times should follow suit.

Is the SAW really that different I was using it and felt no real difference.

> Is the SAW really that different I was using it and felt no real difference.

SAW is double AR but the difference isn’t as bad as what people make it seem. I’ve read some crazy exaggerations such as people unable to beat it with rockets… Lol that’s just way too funny. I’ve been playing Dominion a lot, using other power weapons I’ve dealt with the SAW accordingly. No SAW beat my rockets or shotgun…

> I think I am going to be in the minority by saying this, but I am actually against reducing the shield recharge delay. The fact that there is sprint in this game by default means its already easy to get out of tough situations and avoid death. Reducing the delay would only make it easier for people to just run away and escape death.
>
> If Halo was still a no sprint game I’d be all for this, but as it stands now I think people have enough get out of jail free cards in this game that its not necessary to help them with another.

The only problem with your statement is the fact when you get shot while sprinting you are slowed down considerably.

NOO…don’t touch mah SAW!!! I like it how it is. Don’t touch it until I master the Commendation for it, at least. The only time I would agree to nerf it is if the PP got buffed. It needs buffing. Trust me.

> > I think I am going to be in the minority by saying this, but I am actually against reducing the shield recharge delay. The fact that there is sprint in this game by default means its already easy to get out of tough situations and avoid death. Reducing the delay would only make it easier for people to just run away and escape death.
> >
> > If Halo was still a no sprint game I’d be all for this, but as it stands now I think people have enough get out of jail free cards in this game that its not necessary to help them with another.
>
> The only problem with your statement is the fact when you get shot while sprinting you are slowed down considerably.

But with the help of any cover (even something as small as a pillar) whilst getting shot for a split second a player could easily sprint away and out of the line of sight the enemy.

There needs to be somekind of cooldown for sprint if you are being or shot have been shot at in the last seconds.

110%speed,faster kill,long shield delay and instant respawns just should not exist at same time.
I can never understand why whenever 343i made a positive change they have to add more negetive ones.

> > I think I am going to be in the minority by saying this, but I am actually against reducing the shield recharge delay. The fact that there is sprint in this game by default means its already easy to get out of tough situations and avoid death. Reducing the delay would only make it easier for people to just run away and escape death.
> >
> > If Halo was still a no sprint game I’d be all for this, but as it stands now I think people have enough get out of jail free cards in this game that its not necessary to help them with another.
>
> The only problem with your statement is the fact when you get shot while sprinting you are slowed down considerably.

Lol true, but how often do you engage someone in a wide open field with no cover? Better yet, how many maps in Halo 4 even have wide open fields? Because that is more or less the only time someone is going to have an opportunity to take advantage of that mechanic since as soon as the player you’re shooting finds a hallway, cave, building, series of rocks, whatever, they are pretty much gone.

I agree with everything OP said.

> > > I think I am going to be in the minority by saying this, but I am actually against reducing the shield recharge delay. The fact that there is sprint in this game by default means its already easy to get out of tough situations and avoid death. Reducing the delay would only make it easier for people to just run away and escape death.
> > >
> > > If Halo was still a no sprint game I’d be all for this, but as it stands now I think people have enough get out of jail free cards in this game that its not necessary to help them with another.
> >
> > The only problem with your statement is the fact when you get shot while sprinting you are slowed down considerably.
>
> Lol true, but how often do you engage someone in a wide open field with no cover? Better yet, how many maps in Halo 4 even have wide open fields? Because that is more or less the only time someone is going to have an opportunity to take advantage of that mechanic since as soon as the player you’re shooting finds a hallway, cave, building, series of rocks, whatever, they are pretty much gone.

It’s punishing the attacking player for being a poor shot. If you missed the kill shot to begin with, and they’re that close to cover anyway, then it wouldn’t have made a difference if they had been sprinting or not. That seems kinda fair to me, especially in what people are trying to make a competitive game.