Comments on early concept art?

So, took this from the weekly update from a few days ago…

https://s3cmsassets.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/web/news-and-blogs/article-body/graphics/halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478cb49959c1bc3f7bca3533f.jpg

The structures I find peculiar… They look almost Forerunner, but have the more Covenant-like curves and human flags waving from their roofs and banners below. The creatures above could possibly be Huragok. What I find more interesting is the object in the back of the structures… It looks like a Spartans helmet on top, but it’s holding a Storm rifle or light rifle…

Anyone have any idea what I’m looking at exactly?

It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion

The structures appear to me to be human in origin. Possibly a start-up colony on a remote world. I don’t see the links to Sanghielios that everyone seems to be ranting on about.

Another thing that may be indicative of human infrastructure is the man walking in the bottom right-ish of the image.

Actually, Sanghelios would be a good theory. Or else a Sangheli colony. It matches the architecture, and their more traditional style could explain the flags and banners. The statue could very well be a Sangheli warrior, but still looks a lot like a Spartan

I’m not privy to the depths of Halo canon (I mean I love the stories, but don’t know planet names and stuff like that), but I’m pretty sure that statue is just an elite. If you study the helmet it has the kind of curved, pointed-cap syle of The Arbiter, and in his left hand is an energy sword.

Also it’s pretty interpretive and vague. The human character in the bottom right could easily be a representation of the chief given the ‘concept’ nature of the art.

Yes, it could be an elite, but the weapon is more of a rifle than sword… But the head just looks very Mk V-ish…

[deleted]

Looks like a Light Rifle to me. At a push it could be a Halo 3-era Beam Rifle, but that’s unlikely.

> It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion

Looks like Brute Home World to me. The statue in the back ground looks like a Brute. And the Red Flags look similar to the Red flags the Brutes carried in Halo 2.

That statue is definitely holding a sword.

[deleted]

> > It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion
>
> Looks like Brute Home World to me. The statue in the back ground looks like a Brute. And the Red Flags look similar to the Red flags the Brutes carried in Halo 2.

That’s what I said on the thread that was on 47 pages a couple of days ago. I thought it looked more like a brute to me (rounded helmet + some kind of bladed weapon like a mauler), and with the brutes featuring in Halo: Escalation, this could be an important part of the storyline.

> > It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion
>
> Looks like Brute Home World to me. The statue in the back ground looks like a Brute. And the Red Flags look similar to the Red flags the Brutes carried in Halo 2.

Are the brutes smart enough to make architecture like that? I haven’t read any of the books and to be honest I don’t even consider them to be canonically correct, but that’s just me. The reason I mention this is I don’t know whether or not brute architecture has ever been described.

The Sanghelios theory is an interesting one, but it begs the question, what the heck is chief doing on Sanghelios (I think that human-like figure in the bottom right is a cloaked chief)?

That statue looks like the arbiter holding an energy sword to me. Although it isn’t very detailed, maybe the statue isn’t complete yet. As for the jelly fish like things flying in the sky, they could just be wild life.

While both the some of archetecture and the skybox resemble how I imagined Sangheilios, I cannot possibly imagine what would warrant the Master Chief going out of his way to visit the planet.

Another thing I noticed is that this world looks extremely desolate, almost like a post apocalyptic scenario; lifeless aside from a few flying squids and a hooded figure walking towards the main structure. If this world were to be Sangheilios, wouldn’t you think that the structures in the concept art would be populated with Sangheili instead of sand?

That being said, while the world does appear to have two suns and a statue of a Sangheili holding a weapon, I’d imagine that a world with 8 billion lives on it would lack the desolation seen in the concept art.

> > > It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion
> >
> > Looks like Brute Home World to me. The statue in the back ground looks like a Brute. And the Red Flags look similar to the Red flags the Brutes carried in Halo 2.
>
> Are the brutes smart enough to make architecture like that? I haven’t read any of the books and to be honest I don’t even consider them to be canonically correct, but that’s just me. The reason I mention this is I don’t know whether or not brute architecture has ever been described.
>
> The Sanghelios theory is an interesting one, but it begs the question, what the heck is chief doing on Sanghelios (I think that human-like figure in the bottom right is a cloaked chief)?
>
> That statue looks like the arbiter holding an energy sword to me. Although it isn’t very detailed, maybe the statue isn’t complete yet. As for the jelly fish like things flying in the sky, they could just be wild life.

The Brutes were actually pioneers of space within their own solar system until nuclear war amongst themselves crippled their civilization and forced them back onto their homeworld, on which they were found by the Covenant.

> > > It looks like the Elite Homeworld Sangheilos buts that’s just my opinion
> >
> > Looks like Brute Home World to me. The statue in the back ground looks like a Brute. And the Red Flags look similar to the Red flags the Brutes carried in Halo 2.
>
> Are the brutes smart enough to make architecture like that? I haven’t read any of the books and to be honest I don’t even consider them to be canonically correct, but that’s just me. The reason I mention this is I don’t know whether or not brute architecture has ever been described.

The Brutes are by no means stupid. In addition to what Miraak said, the Brutes are also one of the few Covenant Client races to create their own technology and manage to avoid the imitative advancement that the other races were limited to.

The Spiker, Chopper, Mauler, and especially the Gravity Hammer are all great examples of Jiralhanae technological advancement.

> That statue looks like the arbiter holding an energy sword to me. Although it isn’t very detailed, maybe the statue isn’t complete yet. As for the jelly fish like things flying in the sky, they could just be wild life.

The flying Jellyfish remind me of the floating squids that were cut from the level Infinity. I’m assuming that they’re related in some form.

>

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the Chopper built by Engineers as a gift to the humans on Harvest?

> >
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the Chopper built by Engineers as a gift to the humans on Harvest?

The Chopper was constructed from spare JOTUN parts. The brutes then took the basic design of the engineers, then added thrusters and 35mm guns.

Ninety-nine per cent sure that’s Sanghelios.

> Ninety-nine per cent sure that’s Sanghelios.

Actually it’s not. The new bulletin update from today called it “our very own Sparth”.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-5-21-14

Not really sure what that means but there ya go.

Also, I am assuming everyone has noticed the figure walking towards the statue right? Any ideas on who or what that could be?