Commendations unbalanced (e.g.too much kills)

What I mean is, some of the commendations require too much kills etc. in my opinion. What comes to my mind especially are the Plasma Pistol - Master and the Crawler Sniper Slayer - Master commendations.

To be precise: the Plasma Pistol commendation requires the same amount of kills as the Magnum or the Boltshot, so 500 on Master.
That with the same amount of kills for every handgun is a good idea itself, BUT the problem is, the Plasma Pistol is far too weak to get a usual kill with compared to the other guns.
The Magnum needs 5 hits to lower the shield, and 3 hits to the body, or 1 headshot. With Damage Boost 3 to the shield, and 2 to the body, or 1 headshot. While having 8 Bullets per magazine AND a x2 Smart-Link Scope.
The Boltshot needs 10 Shots to the shield and 6 to the body (also very weak), and is capable of doing headshots. With Damage Boost 5 shield hits and 3 body hits. The Boltshot has 10 Rounds per magazine PLUS this close-range charge which can even kill a full shielded enemy Spartan with ONE good shot (!).
The Plasma Pistol… 4 shield shots and 8 body shots (2 shield shots and 4 body shots with Damage Boost). NO possibility for headshots, only an EMP-Effect charger (which needs 1 hits for the shield, but 4 to the body, or 2 charges while boosted). The Plasma Pistol has 50 ‘rounds’ (75 with ammo package).

To get back to my topic: unless you have Damage Boost, it is very hard to get kills with the Plasma Pistol. Thats this commendation.

Now to Crawler Sniper Slayer - Master.
Simple, its way too much kills you need. I´m level ADEPT now [2/6] and need 300 Kills to the next level. I think 343I compared it to the Grunt Imperial Slayer because of the simple logic Crawler = Grunt , Crawler Sniper = Grunt Imperial , Crawler Prime = Grunt Ultra. That would mean, you need 900 Snipers for Master!
The problem is that Crawler Snipers are way too rare, for obvious reasons though. Even on Legendary you will encounter only a few (the best were 8 for me), while there will be even more Crawler Primes on easy.

I thinks thats it. The other commendations are okay (for me, and I´m not that bad).

Please tell me your opinion to this and other commendations. Hopefully this will get fixed with the next Title Update.

im in agreement when i first looked at the commendations and seen the plasma pistol kills i thought “do people actually get kills with them ?”

I personally think, most people will boost or mod this, or will ruin their K/D like me somedays, when I`m going for it.

to be honest its probably the last commendation i will focus on as i know i will get stressed at that one the most

Some of them are gonna be a pain to max out. As for the Pistol iv seen alot more players trying it out and what they do is when they can grab a kill they do. A qucik weapon swap and start shooting like mad. They may only get 1-3 kills a match with it but it least its something

As for the snipers, play Episode 5 chapter 1 on Heroic. I get around10-12 sniper kills. Im working on the Promethan kills for the next few days. I just go the Covie one done yesterday

You could play Swat for the pistol commendation… I average 15-25 kills per game with it.

I agree the plasma pistol commendation is insain. Maybe they could put a loadout in Swat for it… although it would still be difficult.

I’m not a fan of the Plasma pistol… so I don’t really use it… but any level on SPOPS with crawlers on normal… play heroic or harder… I would try 1-3… might give 4-5 a try and as above 5-1

All those enemy commendations got me so frustrated that I had to make a chart just to see where the highest population of enemies were.
spartan-ops chart
Still even with the chart I had to sit and farm grunt ultras, regular jackals, crawler snipers, and knight commanders. For goodness sake I HAVE A CHART AND I CANT EVEN COMPLETE IT.

I’m making slow progress on the Plasma Pistol commendation (but ruining my K/D ratio like you said).

It’s the Crawler - Sniper commendation I think will be the worst. Currently having to play Ep 1 Ch 3 over and over to get a few at a time which is very boring :frowning:

Agree with you

> All those enemy commendations got me so frustrated that I had to make a chart just to see where the highest population of enemies were.
> spartan-ops chart
> Still even with the chart I had to sit and farm grunt ultras, regular jackals, crawler snipers, and knight commanders. For goodness sake I HAVE A CHART AND I CANT EVEN COMPLETE IT.

Thats a really good chart. Also the few tips in there are good too (like that restarting the level after you kill the sniper). But the amount of kills chart really shows that 343 probably made the amounts so high only that people like us have to play the game longer for 100% commendations.

2500 kills for Master Crawler Slayer or Grunt Slayer is a lot too.

And all that wasted Exp…

The problem I’ve got with the Spartan Ops Commendations is that they are absolutely nothing other than a mindless grind designed to suck people into playing Spartan Ops.

With the Plasma Pistol, it isn’t the fact that it is hard to do. I would happily do that if I cared for the unlock. However, the point of and of using the Plasma Pistol isn’t to kill someone with it.

You should get points for the Commendation for deshielding your opponents or EMPing a vehicle.

Better start praying for damage boost

For pistol just go to swat and headshot for the kill, I almost got it complete.

We hold the power here guys. All we have to do is make a game-type right. You following me? We need to do Plasma Pistols only, 1 shot kills. Right. Right?! Then, we play it on a tiny map like an MLG octagon. Make it unlimited kills, and then slap a 15 minute time limit on it!

BOOM! We can max it out in like 4-5 games…

Now, all we have to do is make it the most popular gametype we can, so they are forced to put it in matchmaking.

You’re welcome…

The problem isn’t the Magnum. It’s the PLASMA PISTOL.

Another commendation I think that has too high a count for kills is the pulse grenade. I mean, I only have managed to kill 3 people with it so far, and that’s out of the 10,000+ kills I have. You have to be really stupid to walk into that grenade and stay there…

I dont think they thought too much on commendatations and threw them in.

Plasma Pistol should have been EMP x amount of people.

Killing with it is a joke and im not even going to try it

> We hold the power here guys. All we have to do is make a game-type right. You following me? We need to do Plasma Pistols only, 1 shot kills. Right. Right?! Then, we play it on a tiny map like an MLG octagon. Make it unlimited kills, and then slap a 15 minute time limit on it!
>
> BOOM! We can max it out in like 4-5 games…
>
> Now, all we have to do is make it the most popular gametype we can, so they are forced to put it in matchmaking.
>
>
> You’re welcome…

Somebody, give this guy a medal

Exactly, I think that commendations should be balanced. Who on earth could actually get 365 kills with a PULSE GRENADE