Commendations that require a lot of wins

I’m currently trying to get the Dominion Victory commendation and I have to tell you, its tough. I’m currently 7 wins into the expert tier and that has taken me nearly two weeks of just playing Dominion. I play alone (my friends have given up on Halo 4) so that severely effects it but its probably going to take me about 300-500 games to complete the commendation. That’s a daunting thought.
I really want the Commando armour though. It’s probably my favourite looking armour. It’s badass. I want to look like a modern Carter from Reach.
Has anybody else completed victory commendations without a team/playing solo? And any tips to help me get the Dominion Victory commendation?
Thanks

I completed Slayer Victory master alone. That’s 535 gruesome wins!

Edit: Dominion really requires you to have a team to communicate with. So I guess what I’m trying to say is get a good team of 6, and play Dominion.

If you really want to do it alone… well, good luck.

I play Dominion from time to time, also solo. What I usually do is defending one base and support my team from there, because that is what I can do best as a single Spartan. Destroying vehicles (also getting my Spartan Laser Commendation up through that), defending with a SAW or Shotgun, or supporting your team with a tank and suppressing the enemy, so that your team can capture the second base.

You just have to hope that your randoms are capturing the second base then. And if you play against a whole team, you’re screwed.

Or just do what Jedi suggests. It’s easier then.

EDIT: another idea: Solo + you want Commando = play Flood.

Noooo! Flood is terrible!!!

you’ll need a team. play well solo and you’ll probably get poached by a party even if your on the losing team. if not invite a player from a party if you all played well and in turn they might decide to return the invite.

if our team is short we always look out for players we can steal to make a full team so it still makes sense to go on solo if you can’t make a team yourself

perservere…

You don’t really need a team, I completed Dominion alone and CTF almost alone played with a party a few times but it was mostly alone.

as for the tips,I would say that you should play defensive when you play with randoms mostly of the time they all just run for the objective and no one stays behind to defend it, lets say they got one base they will all run to the other one and leave the just captured alone you stay and protect it, same with the flag they will all go for the enemy flag you stay and protect yours.

It doesn’t require winning, per say, but spartan slayer is a difficult one. After that, I can start my dominion one.
For dominion commendation, have a team of six or so, as I found that a good pair can hold a base for quite a while, especially if one has an autosentry.

I did the same thing. Dominion Victory to look like a Halo 4 era Carter. And I did!

But it was the most grueling experience of my life. :S

I went in alone a lot, like you. I had friends help me out from time to time. Just one person playing with you can make all the difference for base defending in Dominion.

> It doesn’t require winning, per say, but <mark>spartan slayer</mark>is a difficult one. After that, I can start my dominion one.
> For dominion commendation, have a team of six or so, as I found that a good pair can hold a base for quite a while, especially if one has an autosentry.

Spartan Slayer is easy! Do you mean Slayer Victory?

> It doesn’t require winning, per say, but spartan slayer is a difficult one. After that, I can start my dominion one.
> For dominion commendation, have a team of six or so, as I found that a good pair can hold a base for quite a while, <mark>especially if one has an autosentry</mark>.

That never once occurred to me. Good idea!

> I’m currently trying to get the Dominion Victory commendation and I have to tell you, its tough. I’m currently 7 wins into the expert tier and that has taken me nearly two weeks of just playing Dominion. I play alone (my friends have given up on Halo 4) so that severely effects it but its probably going to take me about 300-500 games to complete the commendation. That’s a daunting thought.
> I really want the Commando armour though. It’s probably my favourite looking armour. It’s badass. <mark>I want to look like a modern Carter from Reach.</mark>
> Has anybody else completed victory commendations without a team/playing solo? And any tips to help me get the Dominion Victory commendation?
> Thanks

That’s exactly what I did when I first got the Commando armor. I wore the Commando Helmet, Chest, Left shoulder, and the rest Mark VI with a Legendary visor and Blue and Black coloring… GOOD LUCK!

Oddball victory is probably one of the hardest and stupidest commendation.
Like the “Assistant” from Reach campaign lol.
Hard to do, and need players.
Nobody played the Campaign in on-line Co-op to grind commendations for one.
Nobody plays Team Objective and select Oddball. If it somehow happens, it must be an accident. Nobody goes for the ball, or you got paired against full teams which means instant lose.

I still vote Stick Detonator mastery as the stupidest commendation in the game at least out of those I’m actually going to bother with.

I play Dominion and CTF solo all the time and it’s not that bad. Just do your best at defending bases in Dominion and its fine. Even if your up against a stacked team of pros at least those losses are usually quick and painless.

> I play Dominion and CTF solo all the time and it’s not that bad. Just do your best at defending bases in Dominion and its fine. Even if your up against a stacked team of pros at least those losses are usually quick and painless.

I solo in Dominion all the time and I’m pretty sure I’ve managed to win more than lose. It does help being a pretty good player, but anyone can hold bases single-handed with how often rockets and shotguns spawn all over you. The only except would be the nightmare center bases on Meltdown and Exile.

I’ve got my oddball victory commendation and i tell you, it was brutal going alone, but my Scout APEX was worth it, thats roughly 900 matches to get it (counting the losses), try getting a team because if you dont you will end doing things that you dont normally do, like me, im not that objective player, but i was holding that ball like there was no tomorrow LOL

> > It doesn’t require winning, per say, but <mark>spartan slayer</mark>is a difficult one. After that, I can start my dominion one.
> > For dominion commendation, have a team of six or so, as I found that a good pair can hold a base for quite a while, especially if one has an autosentry.
>
> Spartan Slayer is easy! Do you mean Slayer Victory?

No, I mean spartan slayer. Killing 2400 Spartans is arduous when you really think about it, unless its over and done. Although, slayer victory is going to be interesting. Pull my trusty BR out and win, what, 535 games?
@Ka Five my pleasure. I thought everyone used that, seeing as the AS is good for holding out on stationary objectives, like dominion and exctraction.
@Gyrate Nice stance.

Just keep playing and you will eventually get it. I never play on teams and I have mastered dominion , flag, oddball, slayer and all weapons. Just takes persistence. Of course it helped that I did it earlier when there was still people playing…

> > > It doesn’t require winning, per say, but <mark>spartan slayer</mark>is a difficult one. After that, I can start my dominion one.
> > > For dominion commendation, have a team of six or so, as I found that a good pair can hold a base for quite a while, especially if one has an autosentry.
> >
> > Spartan Slayer is easy! Do you mean Slayer Victory?
>
> No, I mean spartan slayer. Killing 2400 Spartans is arduous when you really think about it, unless its over and done. Although, slayer victory is going to be interesting. Pull my trusty BR out and win, what, 535 games?
> @Ka Five my pleasure. I thought everyone used that, seeing as the AS is good for holding out on stationary objectives, like dominion and exctraction.
> @Gyrate Nice stance.

A BR won’t save you when it comes to winning a Slayer match. Trust me, it all depend on your teammates.

Just keep at it and do your very best. GoodLuck ^.^