Commendations progress

Hi, I have been playing Halo 5 since its lauch back in 2015 and I´m getting to the point of getting everything to a 100%, including armors, helments, weapons, visors, skins, etc… and commendations. However I noticed that the “Kill Warden” commendation did not preogressed, even if I killed wardens in WZ or in WZFF. It got stuck at level 5, 7/10. Does anyone have a similar problem? and, Does anyone have a solution?

I had this exact problem! Frustrated me too. I don’t think “Warden Eternals” count towards the medal. I played several WZFF games and got the mythic medal for killing Warden Eternal, yet my commendations stayed the same. It’s really hit or miss. I just had to keep playing WZ and WZFF until the kills actually counted.

I wish I had a solution, but all I have is, “I’ve been there dude”…

> 2533274924107279;1:
> Hi, I have been playing Halo 5 since its lauch back in 2015 and I´m getting to the point of getting everything to a 100%, including armors, helments, weapons, visors, skins, etc… and commendations. However I noticed that the “Kill Warden” commendation did not preogressed, even if I killed wardens in WZ or in WZFF. It got stuck at level 5, 7/10. Does anyone have a similar problem? and, Does anyone have a solution?

A lot of people get confused because the medal for killing the warden gets awarded to the last few people that damage it and not just to the person who gets the kill. In order for the commendation to progress you need to get the actual last shot (You’ll see a red x on your cross hair.) If you get the red x your commendation should go up.

As comedyshermit said, to progress the commendation, you need to do more than just get the medal for participating in killing a Warden. You must be the one to land the killing blow. If your commendation hasn’t been progressing, it means you haven’t been landing the killing blow, even if you’ve been getting medals for killing Wardens.

I would say that assassinating a Warden is a more sure way of progressing the commendation, but I initiated an assassination on a Mythic Warden and it survived, so… yeah, just got to get lucky.

Okay, thank you both for replying!

That’s a little ridiculous… I feel that if you get the award for the takedown, you should get commendation progress.

> 2533274804813082;6:
> That’s a little ridiculous… I feel that if you get the award for the takedown, you should get commendation progress.

They updated the game a while back and expanded the number who got the medal. Originally it was just the last shot. They changed it in one of the updates (I don’t remember which one), because a lot of people were feeling like there effort was wasted if they weren’t the lucky ones to get that last tank shell or SMG spray. This way if you contribute most of the time you’ll get the medal. The confusion that has resulted with the commendation progression is just an unfortunate side effect and really pretty minor.

I set with 2 warden kills to go for almost a month till I had a lucky day on Noctus and found the ‘answer’ to my problems.

I’m still not getting commendation progress, and I’ve gotten tons of Warden “kills” (where the feed says “You eliminated a Warden Eternal”). So there might still be some issues.